2008-05-24 22:30:02

Hello everyone.
I've been playing through leaf green lately, I just completed the Fushia city gym.
I will not discredit the fact that the navigation is entirely accessible, though I myself did not have the ridiculous amount of patience needed to learn the game world the first time. I basicly figured it out on my own until I reached Viridian forest (I had a blind friend show me where the mart was though), but then I just couldn't do it. I had a seeing online friend (who I don't actually know) give me directions (as in go this way until you hit a wall, go this way until you can go this way, go this way until you hit, go this way X steps etc).
Upon going through areas like MT. Moon and Rock Tunnel, even with these precise directions they still take forever. I know someone who figured all of this out himself, and I listened to him do rock tunnel in about 45 minutes but I still had to wonder, my goodness gracious, how many times have you done this?
Well, I guess if you take out all the battles, he only spent 10 to 15 minutes on navigation, which means he knows it pretty well.
There are some areas I can now navigate with understanding after doing it the first couple of times with the script (though this is my first experience with Pokemon games).
Well anyways, I can't seem to get in touch with my friend; I need to go from fushia to Saffron and through Silf company's building. Is there anyone here who can help me some with that?
My team: sorry if they aren't spelled correctly:
Vinisaur,
Pidgiot,
Graveler,
Kadabra (it knows sicic) and Giarotos.
I have caught many others but don't use them. When I get hitmonlee I'll probably add him as well, or maybe Snorlax. Mind you, I guess none of that is really important.
I have Cut, Fly, Serf and Strength. I also have the first 5 gym badges and that... freakin... tea (how did you guys figure out how to get that tea?)
Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone here knows Silph Co. well enough to help me with it, as well as getting to saffron, the fighting dojo, the city and it's gym.
I also tried playing pokemon GSC just with a regular online guide. I made it to union cave (though I needed a small bit of verbal help on my first trip to Charygrove, and I had trouble finding vialot gym for the first time (though I memorized it now).
I got to union cave and got all jammed up there.
Any suggestions would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,

Jordan.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2008-05-25 04:50:34

Sorry i can't i used to play pokeyman silver and yellow butg couldn't get too far.  I have played bot n 64 games for it and beat them but with help on the second one.  I wish there was a mud or text browser on pokeyman game that'd be cool.

2008-05-25 05:43:47

Well, I beat the 2nd n64 game, with a bit of help (only with "chalenge cup").
To be honest, after playing the GBA pokemon games I've grown to dislike the stadium games. The stadium games really portrayed Pokemon the wrong way. They took away the training, catching, leveling etc, which is the whole point of pokemon; spending time training your pokemon and growing to know their abilities is really what it's all about.
Stadium just throws you into a battle with an audience (which was odd), with pokemon that just had random moves (pokemon that you had nothing to do with training) and you just battled to win champianships. Back when I played the game I didn't have the other games, so I had to bum pokemon off my friends in order to even stand a chance against the gyms and cups; another thing, your success in stadium depended on you having the old RBY or GSC games, and if you didn't, well, you had a pretty hard rode ahead of you.
When I played through the game I liked it, but now with experience from the GBA games you see where stadium lacked training, traveling, meating people etc.
I was never a really avid Pokemon fan until just this year when I started getting through LG and when I got diamond.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2008-05-25 05:46:05

Well, I beat the 2nd n64 game, with a bit of help (only with "chalenge cup").
To be honest, after playing the GBA pokemon games I've grown to dislike the stadium games. The stadium games really portrayed Pokemon the wrong way. They took away the training, catching, leveling etc, which is the whole point of pokemon; spending time training your pokemon and growing to know their abilities is really what it's all about.
Stadium just throws you into a battle with an audience (which was odd), with pokemon that just had random moves (pokemon that you had nothing to do with training) and you just battled to win champianships. Back when I played the game I didn't have the other games, so I had to bum pokemon off my friends in order to even stand a chance against the gyms and cups; another thing, your success in stadium depended on you having the old RBY or GSC games, and if you didn't, well, you had a pretty hard rode ahead of you.
When I played through the game I liked it, but now with experience from the GBA games you see where stadium lacked training, traveling, meating people etc.
I was never a really avid Pokemon fan until just this year when I started getting through LG and when I got diamond.

2008-05-26 04:34:21

I agree the game boy games are a lot funner.  The only good thing is that you can ply on your tv with a transfer pack on the stadium.  The new game cube stadium called pokeyman colocium is like the game boy games in that you walk around and talk to people and catch pokeyman etc.  I liked it accept of course the navigation nd the fact that there was no voice telling who you have ad what the attack was.  It was also hard to hear the pokeyman when they came of their ball unlike on the n 64 where you could distinguish the pokeyman by their sound when they came out.

2008-05-26 14:51:04

Well, you can identify the pokemon (p o k e m o n, BTW), by their cries on the gameboy games as well. My only problem is the navigation as I'm not great at it.
Anyways, can someone please help me with the gameboy pokemon game?

2008-05-30 05:48:54

yeah true you can hear the sounds on the game boy