2008-05-07 07:40:59

I might have done something wrong, but the racing mode seems kind of slow, yet I still lose lol. I'm holding down up arrow all the time, but i still lose.

2008-05-07 14:52:16

Hi,
To beat racing mode is tricky. You'll have to use your missiles and guns to your advantage. Remember, you can slow your opponent down this way. I made the thing, and I can't beat it 8 out of ten times. Of course in a future release there will be difficulty settings, but right now there are none, so that's how it is. :d. Also please keep the note about racing mode in mind. You're playing it at the risk of a hang and you'll have to terminate the process if that happens, this will be corrected as we get further down the development and testing cycle.
Munawar

2008-05-07 18:06:39

oh, lol, i never thought you could use guns and missiles in racing mode too.. will try that.

2008-05-07 18:28:31

Hi guys, the doctor again.  Problem resolved, i'm in the sky as it were and i'm doing well.  I wonder ... this game would work well as an online game.  Munawar, can you release a better voice for the "contact 1 bowgee" (i haven't spelt it right i know) and such messages, or can you advise on which voice to use, that bloody sam is getting on my darn nerves!S
Sorry about that, i just get annoyed with it sometimes.
Best reagrds,
The doctor

My TARDIS: time and relative dimension in space machine.  its bigger. on the inside.  infinitely bigger on the inside.

2008-05-07 18:39:22

OK I don't want to clutter up the boards, as this is a tdv topic but i'd really like to say, guys, please go a bit easy on the language. I was told and now i'm following this example. after all, cx2's now a moderator and i think, if he wants, he has the rights to terminate our access to the forum or a time... youch!
Anyhow, I'm still enjoying the game of tdv. although at the moment it is now starting to get a bit boring. I can just keep shooting the enmy and it doesn't shoot back, and racing mode is kind of fun as well, but i think eventually it's going to be rally cool when the enmy can shoot back and stuff.

2008-05-07 20:06:48

Hi Aaron,
Yes the game will get kind of boring if the enemy can't shoot back. We disabled this functionality in the demo because there are some things that need to be perfected, and we felt that it would have been too much to get used to in a ten minute time limit as well.
Munawar

2008-05-07 22:59:19

Thanks. So far most of my dog fights been a sort of dance. Around and around we go until the flames fly.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-05-08 00:59:42

can someone help me with the taking off
I was slightly confused by the directions in the read me file, so can someone help me
I mean I start to do what it says but then it just goes into a nose dive and I can't get out of it
thanks,

Connor

2008-05-08 02:20:25 (edited by cw 2008-05-08 02:23:14)

OK, here it goes. I had the same problem. Hold down up arrow until you here the bang. trust me you won't miss it. It should be about the time you are at full speed. Now hold down pagedown with up arrow. I don't care what it says, but keep these key held until you no longer hear the alarm Now press home and you should know when you are level. Now let the dance of the plane and pilot begin.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-05-08 23:20:58

okay thanks I will try that

Connor

2008-05-09 02:51:43

thank you CW
I did this and it worked, as for the game I thurrowly enjoyed it and I can't wait until it comes out
so its gunna be free right? because that's what it said on the bpcprograms website

Connor

2008-05-09 03:48:16

No problem. Now you know why I say, "let the dance of plane and pilot begin."

DropBox Referral

2008-05-09 17:03:19

it was sort of recommended in the read me to use the mistles at first, but I find much more fun in the gun haha plus does it have unlimited bullets

Connor

2008-05-09 17:10:33

CJ,
The game will not be free, as far as i know. it does mention the free demo, although i am not too sure, it might now be free, but i highly doubt it. and at the moment, as far as i can tell, your guns have unlimited bullets but not your missiles, you have 6 of them, i think.

2008-05-09 18:37:41

Yeh the gun is alot more fun. I found that most of my dog fights are mostly made up of me and the foe surcling each other like sharks or should I say like voltures. How about yall?

DropBox Referral

2008-05-10 00:13:56

it was fairly hard
and I am slightly confused
when I am stable and flying no matter which page key I press I slam into the ground eventually
can someone explain like why this is happening sorry

Connor

2008-05-10 00:40:12 (edited by cw 2008-05-10 00:42:33)

When you hit the page keys  set the nose angle. Like if you push page up, the angle would be set to 4 degrees downwerd, and it would stay that way until you hit the level key. So if you are not careful, you would either flip and crash, or go in to a nose dive and crash. So you would benifet from checking your heading and nose angle to see that things are going right. you don't want a nose angle more then around four degrees after leveling out. Also if you pageup is like pointing the nose down, and pagedown is like pointing the nose up. Also if you have a nose angle of zero degrees, then you are level.

DropBox Referral

2008-05-11 21:06:40

ah, okay that's what I figured, but I just wanted to make sure, thanks man

Connor

2008-05-15 21:46:24

Hi,
i know, I post not very often here. But today I downloaded this Demo, and I have to say, that this will be a great game!
I hope, in the final version you can control the game over a Joystick or a wheel. that would be great!

2008-05-24 15:59:53

Hi,
Thanks for your comments. The full version will have several features that were not available in this demonstration. If there is support implemented further down the development cycle for game controllers, it will most likely be the flight stick controllers. I don't think TDV will be playable with a traditional wheel like those used in Top Speed.
Munawar

2008-05-25 12:02:55 (edited by the doctor 2013-07-22 09:57:36)

hi guys
Its the doctor here.  I've played the game and i think that, Munawar (as i told you yesterday or the other day) are doing a great job.  I'm so excited about this game...
Also, can anyone give me any ideas as to what kind of synth i should use as my "information voice"?  I can't cope with that sam voice, it drives me up the wall, off the runway at the top and makes me fly arround the ceiling like a mad thing shouting "I am a stupidly evil chicken!"
Sorry, i'm just mad, as most of my friends (Including aaron, back me up ojn that claim to insanity) and I just love this game and i don't want a bad quality synth wrecking it... understand?
Thanks,
The doctor.

My TARDIS: time and relative dimension in space machine.  its bigger. on the inside.  infinitely bigger on the inside.

2008-05-25 15:07:15

It sounds like this game would be great, but I wonder if there is a way to do loops? I mean that would be a way to shake the foe. OH, I wish  that there was an audio verson of starfox, but this game would probbily be just as good.

DropBox Referral

2008-05-26 00:39:50

Hi,
Actually looping your craft with today's technology does not shake a loc--that is, just something like a barrel roll. You have several ways to try to shake a lock with the maneuvers provided to you. You can either bank and get the opponent on your wing so that he shoots straight past you and then you can come around on his tail and be in perfect position for a lock, or roll to one side and get out of his sights. Additionally, you can either nose dive or point your nose straight up so that he once again passes you from beneath, then come back down and you should be behind him if he hasn't turned around to face you.

As for the starfox suggestion, well, that game was basically like a fly forward shooter with the exception of the boss levels. I think the only time it would be fun is if someone got the original starfox sounds and redid the whole game adapted for blind people. In contrast, TDV will be a free flyer, with the exception of mission mode in which you will have to fly a certain course to reach a location.

To change your speech synthesizer, you will need to change the default synthesizer in control panel and TDV will use whatever the default synthesizer is.
Munawar

2008-05-26 17:20:49

Hmmm. Can't weight until this game comes out.

DropBox Referral