2015-05-10 04:42:39

Hi.
Okay, just doing the mobile applications subject.
Got two passes for two programming projects, c #.
And now will do this game, a space invaders.
Will use the keyboard short cuts and also for gestures.
Will do it in html 5 and javascript.
Using visual studio community edition 2013, jaws 16.
So, should I use the built in Microsoft text to speech engine. Or try to use the screen reader api.
Want it to be accessible,
And also use it on any device, be multi player and also able to play over the internet.
Any tips, tricks, tips, etc, get started.
Working my way through the  gaming tutorial, by David Ipinkski,
And also a couple of other tutorials, about windows store applications, and windows notetaking applications.
So.
Where do I find the images, for the space invaders game.
Any good free, gpl licence free images.
And sounds.
Thanks.
Any other ideas, or maybe point me to other resources.
Will be starting this game in a few weeks.
Will take a look at maybe some space invaders games on the web.
Thanks.
Marvin.

2015-05-10 20:12:32

You definitely seem to have some very lofty goals.  If you are new to programming, I would suggest that you might want to set your sights somewhat lower.

Creating a good application that is cross platform is very technically challenging.  It involves having knowledge about the quirks and differences between how those platforms work.  While there are some computer languages that advertise that they are write once and compile everywhere, the process ends up not being as easy as it sounds.  So, my first suggestion would be that you just focus on a single platform like Windows or IOS. 

Regarding whether your game needs to include screen reader support or SAPI support on Windows, I would suggest you pick whichever is easier for you to implement.

The good thing about code is that, after you successfully create your first version of an application, you can go back and work on the code to try to support more platforms or include support for either screen readers or SAPI (whichever you didn't pick for version 1 of your application.)

I do wish you luck on your development of the game.  I will look forward to trying it out when you are finished!

2015-05-11 02:45:36

hi hector. i do have some programming experience. have done a text based self voicing hnagman game in visual basic 2010 in 2011, for my web site diploma. so, do have experience in programming. so. well. maybe others on this group can help or might look for other game programming forums or grroups or mailling lists for the blind.
did e-mail ian hamilton who has besigned accessible games for the blind. he sent me some links to some games.
when i am ready, will take a look.
okay, well be doing a lot of reading, want this to be version 1, and not have to update again, maybe have updates, okay. thanks.