2007-10-23 20:30:44

Hi everyone,
The other day while browsing the internet, i found that a new bop it game is now available to buy! the clue is in the name: bop it download. this means, basicly, that you can now plug it into your pc. you can download custom voices, music and sound effects. you can record your own voices though i don't know how good that feature is since i don't own one yet. you can also prepare for the ultimate bop it challenge as there is no fewer than 15 difficulty levels/speeds and now the maximum high score is 1000. so you might really want to get one for christmas, i know i deffinitely will!
if you wish to hear a short preview you can visit the bop it website. a flash movie will play. it's very short.
http://www.playbopit.com and then just wait and you will hear it.
as i say the website is not accessible but ou get to hear that which is cool. and then when you buy it you can get sited help and get voices on there and stuff.
happy bopping!
regards,
aaron

2007-10-23 21:12:26 (edited by dark empathy 2007-10-23 21:16:31)

Hmmm Aaron, I'm mildly skeptical of boppit these days, as I own two versions and find it rather easy, but I'll check the website to see what's going on with this new thingy.

Out of interest though, why would you need sited assistance to download onto it?

surely if you plug it into a Pc, things will be done through windows, the same way downloading onto a usual exernal device would go.

If it is wireless and Wifi, then I can see the accessibility business as more of an issue, ----- but given the usual price of boppit I couldn't see them making enough to support that sort of service, ---- or many people being willing to pay a subscription fee just to play boppit.

hearing the flash thing, it does seem they've improved the sfx, and I like the idea of skipping betwene beat and vox bop, ----- but have you any links to some more serious information about it?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-23 21:46:10

the whole website is in flash. you can't access the voices without sighted assistance. but i think once you've got them you can transfer them normally but i have no idea snce i don't own one. out of interest, has anyone seen one of these, or does anyone own this latest incarnation?

2007-10-23 22:23:43

Ah, bloody flash with it's shiny inset buttons.

should I at any point acquire one, I'll be certain to contact the website staff about this, ---- in fact as boppit has been such a Vi friendly game in the past, maybe it'd be worth doing so, ----- it's not as if accessible web sites are sooooooo difficult to make.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-24 00:12:56

That's cool aaron! I own the bopit extreme II and its pretty awesome, but this seems like a step forward in the bopit community. (wink)

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-10-24 00:29:36

Hmm. I think I will get one of these!

2007-10-24 06:52:26

My personal problem with boppit is that it's two easy. My mum bought me what I believe was the boppit 2 at one point when i went home for a weekend, ----- ll the one with all four extentions, the boppit in the middle and a headphone jack.

I decided to take it back to uni with me on the train on suday evening, after getting it on the saturday.

I then reached 250, which was the max score on that one!

Last Christmas, my mum tried another boppit, ---- which I believe was the boppit extreme. this only has pull it and twist it controls, and two extendable handlebar style thingies with the boppit button the middle, and a few control and option settings buttons on the side.

I think it took me three or four playthroughs in the course of the next week to pass 700!

Imho boppit really needs some more difficulty, with only three or five things to watch out for, and no memory required, it's just too symplistic.

Stil, maybe this download thing will provide some challenge, ---- if it does indeed have 15 difficulty settings.

2007-10-24 14:45:16

yes and not only that but the max high score is 1000. plus the fact that there's stuff to download but you'll need sighted assistance. but i really think that assistance will pay off in this case. i've heard from a website that you can get everything from classical music to hard rock/heavy metal beats. and you can hear a small preview of one of them i believe it's the default one from the sounds of it, when you go directly to the website. it will play automaticly.

2007-10-24 21:54:15

Oh. Dark, the one you are talking about, with the buttons on the side and is stretchable, is called the BoppIt Blast.

2007-10-25 09:27:07

People will buy anything.

James

2007-10-25 15:54:45 (edited by dark empathy 2007-10-25 15:56:39)

Well I suppose with the boppit blast I was cheating slightly. One extended handlebar in either hand with the pullit and twistit, and my chin, --- yes, you heard right, my chin! on the boppit control.

who cares! it works.

This boppit download thing sounds vaguely innteresting, but I don't know if it would interest me enough to actually contribute too much of my money to it, or the time and bother it would take of humping it around to my friend's or asking my brother for the downloads everytime I go home to see my parents. But imho this just does not count as an accessible game.

2007-10-25 16:42:50

wha? well it is, you just need help downloading. and you can record your own. plus if the voices are wavs, or anything, and i mean, "if", then you can put effects on it. just imagine. a dalek voice. finally, a dream come true for me. that would just be brillient. and when you lose it goes, "exterminate!" (insert dalek gun sound here) i'm gonna get it. really.

2007-10-25 21:24:34

It's the needing help bit that strikes me as inaccessible, though if the downloading bit simply involves inserting new wavs (assuming they are wavs)l, I doubt it'd be necessary sinse you could just make your own.

2007-10-27 03:18:06

Hmm. IS this available in the US yet?

2007-10-27 08:37:18

yes. it is.

i believe on amazon.com, there's bop it extreme sfx which is the same i think. but it's available in the us and uk.

2007-10-27 21:09:48

hmm. wonder if its available at target? Im gonna look, partly cuz i have a wad of giftcards there and partly because they have cool stuff there.

2007-11-09 14:39:17

rofl! exterminate!

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-11-09 19:20:52

that's dalekish. did i mention daleks? a dalek bop it would be brillient.

2008-05-19 04:06:41

I have seen it !Not bad!

2008-05-19 06:25:02

Hey dark toward the beginning of this conversation you said you had a bop it with five extensions.  You said you reached 250 points.  If you are speaking of the bop it extreme 1 then you did not beat it but you were close.  It is deceiving because when i got one i got to like 130 or so points and it acted like i won but i really didn't i just didn't lose if that makes sense.  Let me put it this way between a hundred and thirty points or so to the last point possible to reach it makes a sound like you won but if you actually beat it it sounds like someone is juggling balls with those little siren noises.  I will explain further if necessary but you'll know what i mean when you actually beat it.

2008-05-19 11:46:53

Hi.

Have you heard the review of Bop it download on Blind cool tech? I think this is the game you are talking about. The unit is described pretty good, and they show some different game-modes.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen