2008-04-27 18:47:59

hi,
i have just started playing an online game called urban dead, where you are in a post war sittuation, where two towns have had their citizens turned into zombies, and the military are moving in to try and rescue any survivers before they too are turned into corpses, or zombies.
it's great, you have to walk around and find shelter or while your offline you too could be slaughtered by invading undead.
I now have a char on there, abidon. but so far all i've managed to do is learn how to search, and find my shelter.
I could really use some advice or tips on how to play this game properly. if anyone has any pointers they'd like to share i would be very greatful.
Best regards.
Arch

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2008-04-28 01:53:46

ooh I should check this out, does it have sound effects

Connor

2008-04-28 10:15:01

hi cj,
No there are no sound effects, just text i'm afraid, but it is accessable, i can play around on it pretty well, it's easy to move around, and search.
But i'm still getting the hang of it
best reg

2008-04-28 12:19:20

Hi Archer.

I'm afraid I only played that one enough to determine that it was accessible, sinse a glance at the resources suggested heavy pvp clan wars and such, with no in game quests, ---- though apparently a lot of in game character rping.

One thing that slightly amused me, was that the game was supposed to simulate complete anarchy, with zombi's roaming and feeding at will, and people running off or baricading themselves in, but players being players, things had got rather too organized, with all the major buildings and resource centers uba fortified by large groups of humans, a set signal for zombies who wished to meet humans and get resurrected, serious item trading, formalized pvp in terms of humans and zombies at a stale mate etc.

this is either bad game design, not enough random npcs who really will! behave like zombies and desperate survivers, or a profound statement on the reasonableness of humanity.

I do remember the game having a very good Wiki though, but I'm guessing you've already tried that.

Btw, for post appocalyptic zombi stuff and a good laugh at the expense of boring business people , have a listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjMiDZIY1bM

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-04-28 14:03:25

funny

Yo

2008-04-28 18:12:05

hi,
Thanks for the info dark, i must admit, after playing for a couple of times now the game does seem awfully dull, they could do so much with this kind of game and yet...

Never mind. No-one would happen to know of any other zombie related online games that ae accessable?

if you do, please let me know
Best regards
Arch

2008-04-28 21:50:56

Hi is there a web site for this?
Thanks.

2008-04-29 12:15:06

hi,
go onwhitestick.co.uk
click games to play online
click on urban dead
click create char
and then the rest is up to you.
best reg.

2008-05-08 04:32:20

yeah  it  sounds  kinda  dumb.  Good  thing  I  din't  get  a  char.  Ahahaha.  Whitstick  is  dn  good.  Check  it  out!

Call me on skype if you want to chat. I'm on most of the time. If I'm not on,  Add me. I'll get back to you.
Talk to you lator!
Audio games  and muds rule!