2015-02-11 21:18:23

He peoples i find on googleplay accesible game for android. that name is pirates and traders, this is rpg games set in Caribian island in 17 th century. for more question post here... link for game is:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … id.pirates

2015-02-12 11:06:37

Do you mean age of pirates?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-02-12 14:37:15

I did not find a way to choose the city to where I am going. Like, I even found the place to get a job, the guy told me where he wanted me to go, but I did not find the way to manipulate the map precisely. Any help?!

2015-02-12 16:01:24

For example you are in Barbados, and you must come to Martinikue you tap on screen and when you hearing to e speak say when you touch in top down on screen to say martinikue you press button in top down right and your ship started to travveling to martinikue. i hope that you cann understand me because my english is bad...

2015-02-12 18:34:06

So you have to touch on the screen where Talkback does not speak? Is that what you tried to say? Because every spoken button just says: "northern continent travel 12 hours" or something like that. Can you make a quick audio tutorial of the game?

Thanks,
André.

2015-02-12 20:42:58

Yes you mast to touch on screen where screen reader das not speack, and for any changes in game someone must to contact micabyte a developpers of this game...

2015-02-12 23:48:13

Was informed about this thread by supermalavox.

To be honest, Pirates and Traders is not built to be particularly accessible, although I've always tried to make sure the content descriptions used by Talkback contain useful information. But I'm happy to hear that you find it somewhat accessible.

I'm not doing all that much active development on Pirates and Traders any more, since I'm working on a sequel, but feel free to let me know about any issues you encounter in playing the game, and I will try to putg out an update with some fixes. Any suggestions you make will also help me make the sequel game work better in this respect.

Supermalavox has already let me know of a few issues. I'll try and fix any unlabelled buttons I can find with the next release. Making the map respond to Talkback may be a bit more tricky, but I'll see what I can do about it - I am sure that I am not the first developer trying to do something like this, so there is probably a reasonable solution out there somewhere.

Regards,

Michael / MicaByte

2015-02-13 11:14:37

I thank you for your effort in making the game accessible and playable for everyone, sighted or not. And as the game, and its sequel, progress(es), and if you wish, I can even voluntarily help with translation to Portuguese Br. I know that turning a game into more accessible when it was not made it that way originally is a bit more tricky, so I thank you even more, since you probably were not contacted by blind game players before and are willing to accomodate the game to our needs as soon as you hear about them.

2015-03-23 16:24:10

Took a little longer than I had hoped, but version 2.10.0 of Pirates and Traders, released earlier today, fixes some issues. The buttons that were missing talkback should now be updated, and I went through some of the labels to improve the feedback they provide.

Unfortunately, I was not able to implement Talkback on the map in a way that seemed satisfactory. I suspect part of the reason for this may be my lack of familiarity with how Talkback is used. I will try to take a look at this again at a later date. In the meantime, it may be of use to know that touching the map always brings up a label at the bottom of the screen with information about the location touched. The buttons at the bottom (move and search) are now also correctly labelled.

Let me know of any additional issues, if you're playing, and I'll try to get them fixed.

I'm hoping to do beta-testing of Pirates and Traders 2 sometime within the next couple of months. Anyone with the time and inclination is very welcome to join in that and provide feedback on issues with the new app. Follow on twitter (twitter.com/MicaByteGames) or facebook (facebook.com/MicaByteGames) to keep up on news.

2015-03-24 06:20:17

wow, nice, will try it

2015-04-15 05:29:45

u developer will probably receive an email from me but let me just say and speak for myself and other audio game players that though your title wasn't ment to be accessible, I thank u for putting the work u did in to it and farther more, that it is on android.   u are correct when u state that u are not only developer who has been somewhat put at this challenge but u fall in the area of being thanked truly for your efferts and work and I hope the sequal when ever u decide to do one, is accessible because now u know u have a larger fan ace.   I just learned of this title today.   again, I thank u truly and u can look for my review in the game store.

2015-04-15 09:55:53

emm, @micabyte: its little suggestion from me:
if makeing  the map aksesible to hard to you,, how about make the navigation menu like star trader rpg game?,in navigation menu, it list all the island in the map,  and when we chose one island them we can tuch move button

thanks
emm, hope you understand.

and sorry my english

2015-04-15 19:42:52

I happen to agree with the last person who just now wrote in terms of making the map more accessible.   I can't really complete a job persay because of that issue alone but if u take a look at titles such as star traders and age of impire, u can see how they actually got talk back to be more accessible with map and directions persay.   by the way, any info on when u feel and or believe the sequal will be released?  what ever u do, please don't stop support for this title.  its a grate one and when all is hopefully fixed in terms of map eing accessible, I will by the gold version or in exact terms, adds free version.

2015-04-15 23:52:56

wow, age of empire is aksesible?
sorry out of topick

2015-04-20 00:36:41

That's a good suggestion, Ronal. I will see if I can do something similar in the next patch (ETA: Tuesday).

Beta for Pirates and Traders 2 will hopefully start sometime next month, but it all depends. Just came out of a period with flu in the family, which pretty much killed any time I was hoping to have during easter. Before summer hols, either way.

2015-04-21 23:12:42

The new update 2.10.2 which should be out on Google Play now adds something like Ronal's suggestion. Basically, if you long press (or the equivalent of a long press) on the move button, then a menu will pop up that lists the ports on the map. Picking a port on the list menu will attempt to move your ship to that port.

Hope the new feature is useful.

2015-04-22 07:04:54

is this game available on iOS also?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-04-22 13:15:08

wow, thank you very mutch for this updade!, this game is more aksesible now!,
nice job man!

2015-04-29 00:07:47

@hanif: Sorry, only available on Android.

@Ronal: You're welcome.

2015-05-14 21:28:28

Hi

apart from entering each harbour, how else can you find out who the port belongs to and how prosperous the port is so I can decide which port to go to first?

It would be great if the drop down list could say something like:

Port royal, Rich, British.

Unless I've missed something?

Thanks

2015-05-15 07:48:34 (edited by micabyte 2015-05-15 07:52:14)

That should be doable, and makes sense to add. I'll think about puttiing that on the list for the next update. May take a while before it's ready.

Though really there are three other things that are also useful, which are on the map - the distance to the target, the garrison (most useful if looking for a place to attack), and the current events at the location (goods shortages/surpluses + other things). Especially the first and the last is really useful. Should think of some way to access that information in a better way.

Thanks for the feedback.

2015-05-15 08:20:05

Thanks for the response. Just need to be a little careful that there isn't too much information on one line. Certainly the distance would be important but I leave off the surplus and demand as these are all in the merchant part.

Unless there is a way from the drop down list that you can tap the port and a pop-up will show all the info. before moving to the port.

I tried the free version the other day and now have the full version. It's much appreciated that you have made a lot of effort to make the game more accessible.