2015-04-08 23:59:23

Hi,
Well I suppose I can't really call this an updater as it has now checking function as of yet. If there is great demand I will make one, but as I explain in the comments I don't really want to. Anyway, basically its a simplifyed wrapper to download and create a setup file. If a directory is not specifyed, the file is placed in c:\tmp\setup.exe. Functions are explained in the comments. Enjoy!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/898 … pdater.bgt

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2015-04-09 01:28:24 (edited by Ethin 2015-04-09 01:29:07)

@Kyle12, I think that this is a duplicate of this BGT class. However, if it is not, please feel free to correct me.
Overall, though, it sounds like a nice class. Is this your fist BGT class?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-04-09 01:56:40

Hi,
@ethin, Its really not. Its a lot more simple plus thrown together in about 20 minutes out of a fit of bordom. You can use it; You don't have to. I didn't intend to duplicate anything. Of course, if I'm told to take it down it will disappear.

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2015-04-09 02:03:09 (edited by Ethin 2015-04-09 02:03:57)

Hi,
I had no intention of angering you in any way. Furthermore, I understand now. I had originally thought you had just copied that class and stripped some of the complexity out of it, but I now see otherwise. However, the project I am working on already uses the class I mentioned and does not need your class. however, I will consider it.
Oh, and can you add me back on skype? I have an offer to make to you.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-04-09 14:07:20

Hi kyle,
This is a cool little class. Though I already have an updater to use, I can see this coming in useful for other people.

2015-04-09 16:29:27

Will check it out.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-04-09 16:54:15

Hi,
Heh, it wasn't really intended to be used at all. In fact, I coded it because I was bored. Honestly though, if people want me to add to it, I will!

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2015-04-10 16:49:54

So Kile, you make me want to ask, why ddid you post it if we can't use it? You should of course make it fully functional!

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-04-10 19:03:33

@burak It is fully functional, it's just minimalistic.

2015-04-10 19:15:16

Hi,
You can use it smile. I just meant that its extremely, extremely minimalistic. As it stands, I might, just might, develop it some more, but don't count on it.

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2015-04-10 19:26:36

Oh, ok. Sorry.

2015-04-20 02:20:32

Kyle, I do remember the update function I have. There's this one updater for bgt that lucas used in lb media, and I could tweak it to a class, with custom dialogs and such. It also uses a wrapper for downloading, created by the all powerful Mason Armstrong! This updater takes a few parameters, as I can get off the top of my head, it takes a downloading URL, a double containing your version of the game, a URL for the server version, which must be in a txt file hidden somewhere, and some random dls boolean that I'll probably take out. My function took a beta parameter that i used in target, which I'll probably stick in, it's like the dls boolean. Unfortunately with the limits of bgt, you can't make it update like bk3 where it downloads and changes the game, and you just restart, no, it downloads a zip or exe, just files off the internet. If lucas is okay with it I'll do this, it would be a very powerful updater class. And I could pm it to you and you could make any changes you wanted.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2015-04-20 03:37:08

Hi,
The purpose of the dls bool in that thing was so that, say if you were to add an option in an options menu, it would display dialogs like your version is up to date and such, and if it was checking on startup, it would only display a dialog saying if there was a new version. I haven't used that thing in a while though, so can't remember if you set it to true to display dialogs or false. Anyways, @colton you can do it if you want.

2015-04-21 23:13:44

Requests? Shout out here and I'll add them in if I can!

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2015-04-22 20:20:22

I am working on the class right now. It currently needs a few strings to work, and the constructer doesn't set the stuff for you, in fact there's no constructer, but the thing is powerful! It also includes a quick speech class I made in the components directory, needed it for the download manager see dlfile.bgt. Mason's download class is extremely powerful, combined with my ideas and this, and you get the most powerful updater you'll ever see! With bgt, that is... BK3 is still better!

----------