2014-10-21 21:51:34 (edited by frastlin 2014-10-21 22:25:00)

This is a thread for developers to easily find other people who are open for collaboration.
Do not post that you are just a beta tester! You need some other skills as well.
Please only post one post about yourself and do not post anything else. If you would like to get in contact with someone, please click on the "email" or "pm" link under each post.

Posting Template

Open for new projects: Yes/No
focus:
languages I communicate best in:
Employment Status:
Technical Skills:
creative skills:
business skills:
projects I've done:
other stuff that makes me special:
Best way to contact me if not through the PM button:

*You can put any fields you wish, but please stick pretty close to something like this so when people are looking for collaborators, they can know you are what they are looking for right away.*

Template Example Post

Open for new projects: Yes/No
focus: developer/sound design/programmer/writer/graphic artist/business person
languages I communicate best in: English/French/Italian/Chinese/Russian...
Employment Status: working full-time/student part-time/looking for work...
Technical Skills: program in python, C++, HTML/CSS, can use Sonar, can script VIPMud, have taken calculus, can do accounting...
creative skills: can come up with ideas that are feasible and scalable, I know how to write for a game, can design pretty websites...
business skills: know how to market, have done sales, know how to manage small teems, can get funding...
projects I've done: Was assistant programmer on shades of doom, did sound work for Swamp (those corpses were from a 7 month old pb&j sandwich), have engineered 5 full albums... *post links if possible*
other stuff that makes me special: I speak 6 languages, I can do large polynomial division in my head, I read all 7 Harry Potter books in 1 day.
Best way to contact me if not through the PM button: Send me an email at plungersForAll at splattermail.com

2014-10-21 22:01:59 (edited by frastlin 2014-10-21 22:17:34)

Open for new projects: No
focus: developer/programmer/writer/business person/performer
languages I communicate best in: English
Employment Status: full-time student
Technical Skills: intermediate in python, can build basic websites
creative skills: can come up with ideas that are feasible and scalable, I know how to write for a game, sing Opera
business skills: love doing sales, can get funding
projects I've done: developed Final1
have started 2 small businesses
worked as a head organizer for the first annual startup weekend at my school. It had about 200 attendees.
have performed in about 20+ musicals and operas both professionally and non professionally in both lead and chorus.
other stuff that makes me special: I speak conversational Italian, I have almost 250 college credits, I love to cook, my favorite question is why and I have read around 800 full-length books in the last 4 years.

2014-10-23 02:13:32

Open for new projects: Yes
Focus: Developer/programmer/webmaster
Languages I communicate best in: English
Employment status: Unemployed
Technical skills: Can program in C, C++, D, Go, Java, beginner in Haskell, Intermediate in Lua, Beginner in Pascal, Expert at PureBASIC, Beginner in Ruby and Perl. Master of HTML, XHTML and XML, very early beginner in assembly language. Learning Flex, Bison, and other parser generation tools. Advanced in Python. Learning Objective C and Objective C++.
Creativity Skills: Can come up with creative and innovative ideas, can design new web sites, can create new add-ons for products.
business skills: Very little (I'm not meant to handle that kind of thing)
Other things about me: I'm funny and enjoyable. I like to hang out with girls a lot so if you see me hanging around women and girls that's why. I am fifteen, tenth grade, and go to Central Campus in Minot, North Dakota. I am currently awaiting membership status for the national federation of the blind (NFB) and the north dakota association of the blind. I hope to join the american council of the blind (ACB) and help out there.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2014-10-25 06:56:31

Open for new projects: Yes (tentative)
focus: Development, programming, random experimental interface shenanigans
languages I communicate best in: English, French (I can try Japanese if you want, but my vocabulary is awful)
Employment Status: seeking
Technical Skills: Python, Java, BGT, pre-HTML5 javascript (also known as "Useless stuff that was cool in IE6"), sound effects/music/voices (but no seriously you can find better I am so jealous of most of the musicians around here)
creative skills: Oversimplifying things, overcomplicating things, coming up with unintuitive ways to make things take up less space for no good reason
business skills: I'd buy some from you if I could afford it.
projects I've done: One might start here. Also contributed to Grave of Redemption's dungeon generation.
Best way to contact me if not through the PM button: Email via the forum, but I don't get much and it's mostly spam so it might be up to 48 hours before I get back to you under typical conditions.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2014-10-26 14:49:34

focus: developer/programmer/webmaster
languages I communicate best in: English.
Employment Status: Full-time student.
Technical Skills:
Known programming/scripting languages: Python, BGT, AutoIt, Pure basic, php, html, java(limited), vipmud, MOO (lambda moo), vb(limited), liquidsoap, SQL.
creative skills: Can create websites, small games (havent finished big projects as of yet), able to think up creative programming ideas.
business skills: I havent done much in the business area, but I intend to study it in college.
projects I've done:
SndUp:
http://www.sndup.net
Grenade radio:
http://www.GrenadeRadio.com
Miriani soundpack for vipmud (I am not the main developer, but I have helped continuing it) -- hosted on my server:
http://mirianisp.joshms.net
I have a moo (in development-- could do with some more programmers there.) But that is for another topic.
I am okay at maths, I am able to learn new programming languages rather quickly (mostly by reading others code), I love programming in MOO, creating websites is a strong point, I own a server (I am able to manage it reasonably well).
Best way to contact me if not through the PM button:
Twitter:
twitter (@joshms123):
http://twitter.com/joshms123

2014-10-26 22:11:28

Open for new projects: depending on the kind of project
Focus: Developper, programmer and webmaster
Languages I communicate best in: French, english
Employment Status: internship til march, then studies should be ended
Technical Skills: Java, C/C++, php, HTML5/Javascript (vanilla), scripting in lua, BGT, JFW
Creative skills: can come up with ideas that are feasible and scalable, can come with create ideas in gameplay / game design; I occasionally make some MIDI music and a little sound design but I'm still quite a beginner
Business skills: none
Project I have done:
The playroom http://qcsalon.net/
Universal Speech http://quentinc.net/universalspeech
6pad text editor: http://quentinc.net/6pad
6player audio player: currently no link
Magic Blocks: outdated game, no link
Greenies game: http://vrac.quentinc.net/greenies-en.zip

Other stuff that makes me special: have creative way to complicate or simplify useless things, start many projects without finishing them, sometimes compile 10 times in just a few minutes, is a professional for reinventing the wheel, have interest in techniques used for inventing useless mini programming languages

Best way to contact me if not through the PM button: use the contact page at http://quentinc.net/contact

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2014-11-14 23:08:54

focus: developer/Programmer/Writer
Employment Status: Unemployed
Technical Skills: program in Inform 7, beginner at python, , HTML,
creative skills: can come up with creative ideas, I know how to write for a game, can design functional websites...
business skills: none
Projects I've done: Mostly Interactive Fiction
other stuff that makes me special: I play D&D on weekends, I read the entire Icewind Dale trilogy in 2 days,
Best way to contact me if not through the PM button:   [email protected].

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2015-01-07 23:31:30 (edited by Lucas1 2015-01-07 23:35:58)

focus: Mainly learning coding at the moment, that's why I'm not accepting new projects.
Employment Status: Unemployed
Technical Skills: Kind of know html, beginner at bgt, very much beginner at javascript, intermediate? at MOO, may pick up python or pb, not sure.
creative skills: I can kind of think of ideas given I have a fiew days to think...
business skills: Yeah right.
projects I've done: Mostly still working on them, I am working on an audio player mainly... in bgt...
other stuff that makes me special: Still in school, I read fanfiction too much, that kind of thing.
Best way to contact me if not through the PM button: email [email protected]

2015-01-10 00:08:26

Open for new projects: depends on the project.
focus: mostly sound design, but also can analyze code. I have a lot of experience coding games and I know a lot of programming concepts.
Employment Status: unemployed student
Technical Skills: programmed in BGT (expert), LUA (good), Java, Javascript and C++ (theoretical knowledge only), HTML, AutoIt
creative skills: sound design, game design, story and cutscene design
business skills: I can manage a small team. I can also excite people about new releases.
projects I've done: My games (visit my web site to download them), created various game mods
other stuff that makes me special: I am not special.
Best way to contact me if not through the PM button: Use the amil link. I mostly ignore PM's. I do not, however, ignore emails.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-01-10 10:25:39

focus: developer, programmer, mathematician
Employment Status: full-time student
Technical Skills: C, C# HTML/CSS, php, mysql, script VIPMud, calculus, linear algebra, probability, accounting
creative skills: I can have a rather unique sense of creativity, but you need to get the ball rolling
business skills: understand marketting, can assess financial viability of projects
projects I've done: nothing super special. created a blackjack game and a chess game, but never distributed them to anybody else
other stuff that makes me special: I can do large polynomial division and multiplication, and matrix multiplication in my head

2015-02-08 03:54:14

focus: Development, scripting
Employment Status: Full time employment
Programming languages: Competent in C# and JavaScript/Typescript. Rusty intermediate knowledge of Java and Php. Beginner level knowledge of Python, C++, Visual Basic.NET, DarkBasic and F#.
Other technical skills: HTML, SQL, Microsoft Azure (cloud computing), Neo4J (graph databases), Git and Mercurial (source control)
creative skills: Audio editing, CSS, XAML, Windows Forms
business skills: Er, no, not me. Don't look here for that.
projects I've done: Assisted in development for Tactical Battle, created the Blitzkrieg mod for SoundRTS, contributed code to the SoundRTS project, writing the Black October campaign series for Swamp. In a non-game sense, Blindspot is probably the only one worth mentioning, and other smaller things in the open source community.
other stuff that makes me special: I'm a quick learner. If I like your project and want in, I like learning new things.
Best way to contact me if not through the PM button: Twitter, LinkedIn or you can e-mail me too: [email protected]

2015-02-08 04:17:11

focus: Development/Programming
Employment Status: Employed (not in a technical field though)
Technical Skills: Visual Basic, C++, C#, Objective C, Php, too rusty in others to bother mentioning.
creative skills: Game design, story writing, 2D and 3D art.
business skills: I've led a handful of small development teams in the past (3 to 7 member teams).  I run Kaldobsky LLC as a personal business.
projects I've done: A lot of little accessible programs, several audio games, easily hundreds of small/medium sized programs and games not intended for the blind community.  A handful of vision systems for different clients.  Some work with robot AI.  Enough ARM micro processor development to be comfortable with it.  A lot of genetic algorithm development for AI.
other stuff that makes me special: I guess experience is worth mentioning.  I'm an old man, by this community's standards, so I've been programming since many others were in diapers.  Haha!... ow, my hip hurts!
Best way to contact me if not through the PM button: My email is Jeremy, at symbol, Kaldobsky dot com.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2015-02-08 17:21:15

Open for new projects: yes.
Focus, learning BGT, could use any help I can get, I'm not terribly new at it though. I know a bit of XHTML, found at html.net.
Languages: only english, can't speak anything else.
I ruled out the employment and business skills because, I'm 13!
Projects I have done: Target, my first ever fully functional BGT game! Currently in 1.6 beta.
Technical skills: pretty much a swift user with NVDA, can learn fast as long as the concept is understandable, etc.
Kinda half newbie at BGT.
Midi writing, I got vst's, buddy.
Things that make me special: Uh, my music sucks? I'm probably the only one here who's this young and yet a game dev, even though the game sucks...
Quite a creative person once I get my mind to it, but that can be a bit hard sometimes, depending on the task.
Still write audio clips and skits, mainly tts skits.
This will sound funny, and really isn't related to this thread at all, but... Master of screwing around with synthesizers!
And I meant speech synths, for anybody who was confused.
Ways you can contact me: Skype, at the following:
coltonhill01
Tell me who you are, because some dingus added me to add me contacts, so I better know who ya are or ya get deleted.
Thanks in advance for anybody who watns to help me, skype me, please.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2015-02-17 14:13:11

Open for new projects: no, because i'm currently reading my lissons in order to go to univercity
focus: developer/programmer/website designer/security tester
languages I communicate best in: persian / english
Employment Status: student
Technical Skills: C / C++ / lua / php / bash / assembly / MySQL / can work with Reaper
creative skills: can design websites / can test your server's security
business skills:
projects I've done:
AudioGameKit
but that is it's first version and maybe it's buggy,
other stuff that makes me special: can develop shell codes, viruses, exploits in order to test the security of the server
Best way to contact me if not through the PM button: you can contact me with my email: [email protected]