2014-12-23 23:40:48

Hi.
Dark and Brad:
You can indeed play Swamp using a trackpad. Just press the left or the right corner of the trackpad to click the left or right mouse button.
Brad: You can read how to configure the Macs trackpad in my article about virtual gaming in the articles room. I'm not using Bootcamp, but I hope you find some informations useful there.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-12-24 00:13:19

Hi all! Excuse mee for my previous post that I deleted because I've found the error causing me non to conect in the swamp multiplayer mode; it was just the incorrect version fo Swamp! Aniway, Aprone, thanks a lot for your super update! I like it very very much! One little question: will be any kind of update to the Swamp Map Editor? Are you going to include some kind of map creator or the CAE Jones.s one is stil a valid tool for creating our oun maps? Thanks for all your great work for this really great game! Bye for now!

Claudio

2014-12-24 00:22:04

Hi all!
I've Problems to download the update!
So may someone can help me out?
I've dropbox.
Please pm me!
greetings,
Trauseba

greetings, Trauseba

2014-12-24 01:11:20

Sorry, but a few more bug reports. I promise, nothing in CTF this time. smile

1. In the mission configuration menu, the escape key does nothing. To cancel, you must activate the "previous menu" item instead.
2. Sorry to say, but zombie growls still don't pan or cut off if the zombie doing the growling dies. Also, body fall sounds don't seem to be placed correctly (sounding closer and on the wrong side sometimes), and still don't seem to pan.
3. Some users report that, with Sound Boost on, missions are lagging to the point where they can't be played. Disabling the feature fixes this. I have it off, so haven't tested it yet.

That's all I've noticed for now.

2014-12-24 02:11:05

Wow, Aprone, great work! This looks a huge and awesome update.

I've not had much play time in it yet (had to come out as I overwrote my keys file). But I have noticed that when switching between weapons of the same class, there's a slight lag. Say, for example, I'm going for my Remington, there's a second or so before it switches guns between the sport rifles. Does this tie up with what you mentioned in the changelog?

I love love love the sound of CTF. I do slightly worry about what you say about an art form though in it. Eventually, the power players will develop unbeatable strategies and it will degenerate into who can implement that "winning strategy" first. I hope that this doesn't become the case and there's room for ingenuity as in other shoot em ups with CTF. I'm yet to play one, but I think the strategy I'd have gone for you've already mentioned, and I don't wanna be a mere copycat. Guess I'll have to use my brain after all smile

Looking forward to trying out this bad boy. Again, you probably hear it a lot, but keep up the great work. There's a whole lot of us that appreciate it.

2014-12-24 03:06:33

I'm not too worried about CTF being reduced to a few ultimate strategies.  I've yet to see any mainstream CTF games end up that way.  smile

I was hoping to have a bug fixing update done before work today, but alas, that is not the case.  I'll be back to work tomorrow, but I don't know how busy I'm going to be during Christmas eve and Christmas day.  Family stuff.  big_smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2014-12-24 04:06:50

Hi Aprone;

My name is Raphael, I live in Brazil and game Swamp since August 2012.

He was anxious as well as other friends for the update to version 3.4.

However, I and many friends are not getting the new version
Swamp run perfectly.

The error:

"Run-time error '52':
Bad file name or number."

Not let us run. I think acting is a problem in the compilation
thereof. You as the application developer, could help us
on this issue?

We'll be waiting for answers and solution.

Be the Santa Claus of the Swamp! Smiles.

2014-12-24 05:21:57 (edited by SirBadger 2014-12-24 05:30:56)

if you are getting a run-time error 52, you need to register the dx8vb.dll file, or run chekup.exe which will fix it for you.

also, somebody was asking about a lag changing weapons. i believe that is one of the fixes. there was a bug with weapons etc changing too fast i think but we may need our glorious leeder to confirm that.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2014-12-24 05:24:14

True, and you're probably right, having tried a couple myself now (lots of fun). There are a fair few ways to play and nothing stands out as a cheap winning strategy. You can give yourself advantages, but it's just that.

Chances are people might let you off not doing Swamp stuff over the festive period smile we're not evil. Well, not all of the time. Fighting zombies keeps it in check. That being said if you wanted to update it, we wouldn't stop you smile

2014-12-24 06:20:29

CTF bug a bunch of us just found. If the player with the flag disconnects, the flag vanishes, and the game can't continue. We all had to disconnect, since the blue flag was simply gone.

2014-12-24 08:09:45

Hello Aprone.
First of all, thank you for the update.
Apart about the zombies.
The Amorphous ones are fixed and so are the Raiders. Therefore, I made a cam-pane with 300 Amorphouses. Lets just say that I didn't last very long. lol. And not to mention how disgusting they sound. Especially with all 300 of them. Yuck!!! ahahah.

Now what I've noticed is, when playing a single map in map mode, every zomy shows up except for the Amorphous and Raider. Unless I'm mistaken. And I've noticed three more zombies that don't even show up. They are Behemoth, Hulk, and Tentacle. What are you planning on doing with those? Just curious. Anyways, I know you spent lots of time on this and what not. Congratulations and thank you once again.

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.

2014-12-24 10:18:17

hello, I have one Suggestion, to Change the Body fall Sounds of the amorphis. because it seems to be made parshally out of mud, shouldn't it make a Kind of splattering and ´squelching Sound when it walks and falls?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2014-12-24 11:17:38

@Slj, thanks. The problem isn't actually the buttons but the turning and aiming, sinse I just don't find it particularly easy with directing my finger around the pad to aim at the zombies. Also, sinse the mouse buttons are under the pad it makes them much harder to reach. What I believe your supposed to use the pad with one hand and click the buttons with the other, but obviously for swamp you need the buttons and movement all in one hand so you can use the other on your keyboard. I did give one of the earlier versions a try and found it didn't work so well unfortunately.

Still, I'll be back in a  couple of weeks and it's something to look forward to post crimbo.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-12-24 12:35:33 (edited by SLJ 2014-12-24 12:38:10)

Hi Dark.
I'm only using the trackpad for aiming and shooting, and walking forward by using the right mouse button.
I swipe left or right with one finger when aiming, and press the mouse buttons aftwrwards. I don't turn and press the mouse buttons at the same time. The important thing is to configure the mouse, either in Swamp itself or in the preferences, so it's not to sentisive. depending on the size of the trackpad, you might need to slow down the mouse movement so the character doesn't turn too quickly while swiping on the trackpad. That's how I do it and that's what I find quite easy. But others might find a normal mouse easier to use.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-12-24 12:55:33

so i've found a bug with the first mission. i tried to launch it two separate times last night, but when ever i tried to launch it, swamp completely crashed and i lost my fuel i used for the mission. it seems no one else has seen this before so don't know what to make of it. it seems ctf missions work fine for me because i launched one last night, but it was just that first regular warehouse mission. its very strange.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2014-12-24 13:09:20

@Slj, it might e okay if the buttons were above the trackpad and I could read them with the same hand, but with them being below it's a little hard to reach the mouse buttons when I'm using the track pad. What I've been doing in swamp is either being still, precisely fine tuning aiming and firing using the mouse and button together with weapons like the m40, or trying to run around being fluid in movements, attacks an turnings, which I obviously need one hand on mouse for. I can't even use a Usb mouse with this laptop sinse in my bedroom on this locker there is no where to use it. Oh, and I also can't see the colour map very well on this screen either which is not a deal breaker but still a miner inconvenience.

As I said, I don't mind waiting, it's not as if there aren't plenty of other games to play an the zombies will be there for me when i get back to my flat and my desktop.

Actually I'm looking forward to soloing some missions for crates and exploring the warehouses myself before I try with other people.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-12-24 13:43:30 (edited by carlosM 2014-12-24 13:46:36)

Aprone,

I love the CTF missions! it took me a bit of time to get used to them, but I think I can handle them now, but I still have problems dealing with people with miniguns and machineguns! I'm not complaining though because it sounds down right amuzing to me getting destroyed lol.

A few bugs:

There semes to be an inventory multiplication bug that will multiply everything you have times 2 I think. I have no idea how it works, but it semes to focus around you dieing. Currently as I'm writing this, I have 25 million 5.56Mm ammo from that bug, 36 thousand med kits, 1.6 million 7.62Mm ammo, and a ton of crazy stuff. I won't be mad if you clear all my ammo from this mess lol.
I did a mission yesterday and technicly I died, but my inventory survived when I logged back in.
The forts seme to be bugged. every fort I've gone into I've gotten a fort error and have been asked to try and move to another location in the fort and try again.

I'm sorry if I'm double reporting bugs that you are already aware of.

Carlos

2014-12-24 13:55:07

okay so don't know why my swamp is crashing when a mission is launched, but i joined a mission just now and it crashed. its very strange. is anyone having this issue?

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2014-12-24 14:40:41

hi kyleman, when u hand out a bug, or let us no about one. may i kindly suggest u must indicate  weather u playing swamp on a mack or not. since i see that we have some talented players being able to play swamp on  a mack, and since this is not ofisially supported by swamp. it wil be easier to keep track of things. since that bug mite not necesseraly exist on the ofisialOS.  i personally am happy to see that is managed to be played on more then just windows. but, for bug tracking it wil be good if the OS is givin as wel. by each person who reports a bug. its only a humble suggestion. this. not sure if its even necessary, but thought it mite  be, since i no if multaple OS's is used,  in other sighted games, the people who reports bugs normally spessiffies the OS. smile. have a blessed christmass. and hope u well and safe. Take good care all of you during these times. and at aprone, ausem update! keep on rocking!

There's a place for me in this universe.

2014-12-24 15:20:02

Hi everyone.

Thank you By the help !!!

It worked. Now we can play again.

Hugs

2014-12-24 16:05:49

I have no problem with any missions so far. The only bug is that, once you turn from a CTF mission, you have to select 'abandon your mission" from the menu before you can join another mission. Nothing is crashing for me though. I'm on a Mac, playing via Wine.

2014-12-24 16:34:00

Could someone throw swamp on there dropbox as the download only finishes partialy for me. Thanks in advance. Also, great job aprone, i think this update will motivate me to play again.

2014-12-24 17:22:22

I wish only to Merry Christmas.

I tried to download the update, unfortunately it breaks after 15 percent. It does not work well on the spare link. And I wanted to participate in the Christmas event ..

2014-12-24 18:18:38

Ello there all!
Hmmm, I also seem to have a problem with downloading the whole update... It only downloads upto round-about 25 mb and then it just stops...  Any advice as to why this happens, or something...
Thanks in advance and marry Christmas all!!!

@Rei_Netta147 on Twitter
lol!!!

2014-12-24 18:31:09

for anybody having trouble downloading the new release of swamp here is a sendspace link provided by Badger:
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/vbnjld

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software