2006-08-31 00:53:54

Hi.

I've downloaded the soundless game by Brian Borse (please excuse any misspellery) because the description on the site had three letters that very much grabbed my attention, the Letter R, closely followed by the letter P, with G bringing up the rear.

However, I'm not afraid to admit that I found the game totally strange, there was a vague message at the start, then a lot of banging around in sterrio, along with some thing that might have been visuals.

With no docs or instructions, I ended up having to admit defeat.

Has anyone else tried this game, and does anyone know what i'm supposed to do with it?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-08-31 16:50:22

when you hear your enemy swing at you (street fighter punch sound when you do not hit), just press your left mouse button. you should hit the enmy. do it again til it dies to hear the message the guy says, then do it again on the second one. don't expect anything good though.

2006-08-31 22:11:24

Thanks Aaron, that's really handy to know. the fact that my mouse isn't actually in working order at present would sort of account for why I'm being so ineffectual at this game. I'll sort my mouse out and give it another try (along with a couple of other audio games in that list).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-11-02 13:55:17

Joh, Sightless is far from beeing in working order. I am still working on it and will update it if I have time, wich I probably don't have in the near future. I was actually surprised to find the game here, it's only an early prototype.

2006-11-09 19:00:58

Well Brian, anything in the audio Rpg line is certainly of interest to me, so please keep us up to date about developement on this title.

2006-11-12 17:32:31 (edited by Brian Bors 2006-11-12 17:33:57)

I will. I hope to finish this as a personall project in my spare time.

2006-11-12 21:29:03

i actually enjoy the game and would also like to know what's going on.

2006-11-26 20:23:59

I know the game is far from finished, but could the mouse being used be a haptic mouse so you would get force feedback on the punch as well as the audio? Or am I just being dumb and that is what's assumed your players will use...  A haptic mouse could give you more options or it could just be distracting.

-Leah

2006-11-27 02:56:32

Geez. That is a great idea. I wonder if the engine I am writhing this game in supports this kind of hardware.

Thanx smile

-Brian

2007-07-06 23:52:33

and what is all the panning of the punches all about
sometimes I hit and sometimes I miss

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2007-10-13 14:29:18

What's the status of development of this game? Will it be freeware if it is released? Can the player get
weapons, too or only the enemies?

2008-02-19 14:25:18

Hey Niklas. I got your email. Sorry for the late reply.

This game (as stated in a different topic, buried somewhere deep in this forum) is put into the freezer until I finish my game design study. I can't say anything on what features I will have time for, but I will say that weapons where certainly on the list of things to create back when I wrote the design for this game.

Greetings,

Brian.

2008-02-24 00:09:06

ah, thank you.

2008-02-24 17:22:14

i do like sightless, i hope it gets fully developed and such.
i like the sound of the new features that you're putting in.