2014-10-19 13:27:09

Kris, here's my savedata, I progressed a bit with a knife only now i am out of bulleds and stucked.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/566 … veData.bin

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2014-10-21 11:59:15 (edited by Kristof 2014-10-21 12:01:31)

Thanks

Seems your are in the last room. Final fight with doctor.

I'll check your save game.

2014-10-21 12:31:00

Yeah, I can't do anything  or simply don't know what to do plus out of ammo lol

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2014-10-21 13:06:41

I just tried your saved game. No problem for me.

When you enter that (last) room, you hear "Exit might be somewhere here, I have to search". Just make three step ahead and something should happend.

As this is last room, your gun will be filled up for final fight.

For this final fight, no need to understand exactly what the doctor say.

2014-10-21 17:52:04 (edited by Lirin 2014-10-21 17:54:08)

I am just dying there and I can't move anywhere.
Seems like there's a pain sound when I'm loading the save, after that main character is breathing, doctor is saying something on the right and in the same time main character is thinking and sound of getting hit is played and that's it. No possibility of moving / interacting etc.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2014-10-22 11:59:47

Ok thanks. I'll search deeper on this problem.

2014-10-22 20:24:17

Hi again Seal,

I've fix the bug your are facing.

Here is the patch :

http://www.dk-games.com/Toxic_FixV1.02Doctor.zip

There are two changed files in data/scripts.
Just write these one others the others.

You entered the last room with very few energy left and no medecine to heal. So when entering the room, you were instantly defeated by doctor.

Now it will be ok. When entering last room, you have gun and heal. You are ready for final fight.

2014-10-22 20:52:23

The bug is also fixed on the version on the website. You can transfer your save game by copying the file "SaveData.bin".

About translation, here is a direct link to the google spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

Not sure if this is fully accessible.

2014-10-23 13:37:52

Greetings all.

I don't speak much French but I've completed the game; the fight with the doctor was hard at first but if you time it right, you'll find it easier. From what little I understand, I believe you can change character in the game? If so, what do you press? Also, what do you press for checking your health and healing yourself? I never needed to heal because I practiced with the first few monsters many times before proceeding in the game. Slight spoiler ahead: is there any way to save Vince rather than killing him? It was horrible having to shoot your friend in the back because he became a monster.

Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

2014-10-23 16:54:17

Thanks for your feedback.

Congratulation for having finished the game. There is no way to change character. (and this is nonsense as your teammate can see, not you).
Your health is represented by the breath. The more your breath, the more you are stressed and/or the more you are wounded.
When your life is very low, the character automatically use medics if you have some (but not when a fight is ongoing).
No way to have alternate end.

2014-10-27 20:04:08

cristof, and the news?
I wait 14 days and no english, nor american spanish translation!

Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles, from Panama!

2014-10-27 20:46:42

Well, it will take longer than 14 days, even if they have the money/people to start on it right away. smile
Well, in theory I have enough free time that I could conceivably translate the whole thing in 14 days, but I'm also pretty sure I have enough fre time that I could have completed games x, y and z years ago. I think I have ADD.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2014-10-29 09:55:35 (edited by harrylst 2014-10-29 09:56:15)

If the excel file were in something accessible (not google docs) I could work on the translation.
And spanish and french are similar enough, that maybe you could take a crack at it in french. (this is coming from someone who speaks both) At least i see them as similar "enough"...

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2014-10-29 10:08:14

Hi harrylst.
I've not studied French or Spanish in a long time but to me they sound completely different.

For exampel. j in spanish when written as far as I know, is a H sound. where as in Frehch j is a, shj sound. Hmm well I  that's kind of a bad way of explaining what I mean but hopefully you get what I'm saying.
If not, then, it's been around 8 years since I've studied French, (It was annoying having to deal with others not wanting to study the language, but that's another story,)and I no only a tiny bit of Spanish, from when I had Spanish friends and was interested in learning the language.

I'm gone for real :)

2014-10-29 13:05:26

I'm from Panama, a spanish speaking country, so I can help you, Brad

2014-10-29 15:40:14 (edited by Kristof 2014-10-29 15:45:59)

The good news is that the spanish translation have started. Someone in spain is working on it.
Just need time to write in google doc all the sentences in french.

Keep tuned

I need one month to write down the sentences in french,
then surely one months to translated the texts.

Then I'll check if I can find some english actors here in Paris.
Else I'll need to gather money to pay professional studio for doing the voice record. (I found one in the USA, just require the money).

This will take another month or more.

So nothing will be released until 3 months at least.

You'll have to be patient.

This is a free game, and I got a personnal life and a real job. Toxic is done on my few free time as this is a non paid work.

2014-10-30 08:23:20

yeah. the only reason i haven't played it in french is that it requires a mouse. and i have not the space nor the facilities for one right now. (a messy college dorm desk)

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2014-11-09 13:44:56

over like 9 days since the game Toxic in is in development, so the news, cristof?
I want a latin american spanish translation, but the castilian is in development

2014-11-10 08:36:34

Hi, Sean here. Do you know when an English version might be done? I'm not very good with other languages. Listening to the trailer, the audio sounds completely amazing!

2014-11-23 21:08:03

Greetings.

I've been looking at the rooms folder and I'm wondering about the script files. Object and enemies are what I'm thinking about. For example in room02.txt, it says OBJECT GUN 1.4f 16.6f I take it the numbers refer to the coordinates where the gun is placed and the f is the size/length of the gun? Also in other rooms there are 2 objects. For example in room11.txt it says OBJECT AMMO11 25.0f 3.6f OBJECT MEDIC11 26.9f 3.6f. Potentially, can you have 2 objects at the same coordinates or must they be separate? Most interesting to me however are the enemies. Could you potentially put more enemies in rooms where previously there were only 1? Yes I know people are going to ask 'are you a glutton for punnishment?' I've been wanting a greater challenge. Finally, I really didn't want to kill Vince but the doctor was very difficult to beat. I imagine he doesn't just take away health but body parts to? What if we could substitute regular zombies with doctor clones? Better yet, time travel. You could fight evil Vince and good Vince will tell you where he is. I can imagine having to kill 10 Vinces and 10 Doctors in the same room! What would be the prize at the end?

2014-11-24 01:16:49

and the development? development development!

2014-11-24 13:14:35

Hi People,

I'm setting up the translation file. One spanish translator have started the work.

No english translator is currently working on the game.

Arabic two thousand, please stop asking for news and ask for result. If you want a fast development, just send me the required money (about 7000$) and everything will be done very quickly, I promise.
Else, you have to wait.

bashue. Yes the values after objects are the coordinates. To answer your question, yes you can add enemies. I guess I have only put a limit of 64 elements (called "entity") in one room. Everything count as one entity (a wall, a door, an ennemy).

Time travel why not, but be aware that new voices need to be recorded for each of game change. So not easy to create new story without having much work involved.

2014-11-24 14:26:14

Greetings kristof.

Well I must admit to a little tampering with the script files and enabled not time travel per say but clones. I got Vince a new body so he didn't have to die but it still left his zombie clone in room 43. I still had to kill zombie Vince and Vince's friend still thinks it's the real Vince but I did manage to get Vince to the end of the game. I still don't know how to get him to walk out with me to room 90 the end game; he seems to glide instead AKA no walking sound but I know he's still there when I press the right mouse button. Maybe I didn't give him a new body but let him come back as a ghost? Here's what I did with the room 43 script and under that, I'll put the original. It's still buggy because I'm still working on when exactly to bring Vince back.

ENEMYTEAMMATE DESACTIVATE
TEAMMATE FOLLOWOFF
TEAMMATE HELPOFF
WAIT 5.0f
HERO CANTMOVE
HERO DISABLEGUN
DOOR43-50 DESACTIVATE
DOOR43-42 DESACTIVATE
TEAMMATE PLAY MAT460-P43-SHITMYARM // Sound is 14s
WAIT 2.0f
HERO PLAY HER071-P43-HUH
WAIT 2.0
HERO PLAY HER072-P43-WHAT
WAIT 3.0f
HERO PLAY HER073-P43-VINCE
WAIT 3.0f
WAIT 4.0f
TEAMMATE PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND MAT462-P43-BIG-ARGHH
// Start FIGHT
TEAMMATE DESACTIVATE
HERO ENABLEGUN
HERO CANMOVE
TEAMMATE ACTIVATE
TEAMMATE HELPON
TEAMMATE FOLLOWON
ENEMYTEAMMATE ACTIVATE
HERO PLAYPERIODIC HER075-P43-STAYWITHME 8.0f
WAITUNTILENTITYHAVEBEENPROCESSED ENEMYTEAMMATE
HERO STOPPERIODIC
WAIT 4.0f
HERO CANTMOVE
HERO DISABLEGUN
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND HER077-P43-WHATDIDIDO
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND HER078-P43-IAMSORRY
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND HER079-P43-IREMEMBER
WAIT 1.0f
PLAY 0.0f 0.0f SFX-FLASHBACK-IN
WAIT 3.0f
// Play Flashback sequence in hero ears
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND DOC001-FLASHBACK-THATINTERESTING
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND WIF020-FLASHBACK-AREYOUSURE
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND DOC002-FLASHBACK-SHUTUP
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND WIF021-FLASHBACK-FEAR
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND DOC003-FLASHBACK-SHUTUP2
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND DOC004-FLASHBACK-INJECT
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND WIF022-FLASHBACK-HEREITIS
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND SFX-SOFTCASE
WAIT 1.0f
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND SFX-INJECTION
WAIT 1.0f
WAIT 1.0f
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND DOC005-FLASHBACK-HELPME
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND WIF023-FLASHBACK-OK
// Body drag
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND SFX-BODY-DRAGGED
WAIT 2.0f
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND SFX-HIT-WOOD
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND WIF024-FLASHBACK-ILETYOUGUNHERE
WAIT 1.0f
PLAY 0.0f 0.0f SFX-FLASHBACK-OUT
WAIT 3.0f
// End flashback
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND HER080-P43-WHYIAMNOTSICK
WAIT 2.0f
PLAY 38.0f 44.9f SFX-DOORWOOD-UNLOCKING
WAIT 2.0f
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND HER164-GEN-WHAT
WAIT 2.0f
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND HER081-P43-IHAVETOGOON
DOOR43-50 ACTIVATE
HERO ENABLEGUN
HERO CANMOVE

ENEMYTEAMMATE DESACTIVATE
TEAMMATE FOLLOWOFF
TEAMMATE HELPOFF
WAIT 5.0f
HERO CANTMOVE
HERO DISABLEGUN
DOOR43-50 DESACTIVATE
DOOR43-42 DESACTIVATE
TEAMMATE PLAY MAT460-P43-SHITMYARM // Sound is 14s
WAIT 2.0f
HERO PLAY HER071-P43-HUH
WAIT 2.0
HERO PLAY HER072-P43-WHAT
WAIT 3.0f
WAIT 3.0f
WAIT 4.0f
TEAMMATE PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND MAT462-P43-BIG-ARGHH
// Start FIGHT
HERO ENABLEGUN
HERO CANMOVE
TEAMMATE DESACTIVATE
ENEMYTEAMMATE ACTIVATE
HERO PLAYPERIODIC HER075-P43-STAYWITHME 8.0f
WAITUNTILENTITYHAVEBEENPROCESSED ENEMYTEAMMATE
HERO STOPPERIODIC
WAIT 4.0f
HERO CANTMOVE
HERO DISABLEGUN
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND HER077-P43-WHATDIDIDO
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND HER078-P43-IAMSORRY
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND HER079-P43-IREMEMBER
WAIT 1.0f
PLAY 0.0f 0.0f SFX-FLASHBACK-IN
WAIT 3.0f
// Play Flashback sequence in hero ears
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND DOC001-FLASHBACK-THATINTERESTING
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND WIF020-FLASHBACK-AREYOUSURE
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND DOC002-FLASHBACK-SHUTUP
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND WIF021-FLASHBACK-FEAR
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND DOC003-FLASHBACK-SHUTUP2
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND DOC004-FLASHBACK-INJECT
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND WIF022-FLASHBACK-HEREITIS
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND SFX-SOFTCASE
WAIT 1.0f
WAIT 1.0f
WAIT 1.0f
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND DOC005-FLASHBACK-HELPME
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND WIF023-FLASHBACK-OK
// Body drag
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND SFX-BODY-DRAGGED
WAIT 2.0f
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND SFX-HIT-WOOD
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND WIF024-FLASHBACK-ILETYOUGUNHERE
WAIT 1.0f
PLAY 0.0f 0.0f SFX-FLASHBACK-OUT
WAIT 3.0f
// End flashback
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND HER080-P43-WHYIAMNOTSICK
WAIT 2.0f
PLAY 38.0f 44.9f SFX-DOORWOOD-UNLOCKING
WAIT 2.0f
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND HER164-GEN-WHAT
WAIT 2.0f
HERO PLAYANDWAITENDSOUND HER081-P43-IHAVETOGOON
DOOR43-50 ACTIVATE
HERO ENABLEGUN
HERO CANMOVE

So there isn't much difference between the original and the modified versions. I first tried deactivating and activating both the teammate and enemyteammate but the hurt sounds didn't play before the fight but now the end game is screwed up but I'll work on it again.

2014-11-24 15:33:56

If you want teammate to follow you, then take care of the instruction "TEAMMATE FOLLOWOFF" and "TEAMMATE FOLLOWON". This is used to turn on and off the capability of following you on your teammate.
In the script you copy/paste, the last "follow" instruction that can be seen is FOLLOWOFF. So Vince stop following you. But he will be there at each new room.
You already found that you can activate or desactivate something using these keywords : ACTIVATE and DESACTIVATE. Pretty logical right ?

2014-11-24 16:50:24

Greetings Kristof.

It's logical. So you don't have to have Vince follow you. At least he'll be with you in other rooms. I was afraid he wouldn't be. What are the health values for each monster? I know my health is 1084227584 but why is the health reduced in room 52 to 4.0? Did the doctor do something to the hero? If I added in another doctor, could I kill both or would it go to the end before I could kill the second one?