2014-03-10 00:46:25

Hi,
Lol I totally didn't know it was you! I just knew XL Studios made it, and I didn't think that person was still around. Well, thanks, although honestly I don't think I should call this Danger City, or actually take over the project, I'll think about it though.
As for the status of the game, I'm actually starting with non-sidescrolling levels right now. The one i'm working on is like this:
*Spoiler ahead*
You are standing on the top floor of a building, and different vehicles are passing under you. You have a full supply of bottles of alcohol and cloth. You have to make molotov cocktails and hit them. But, it's not as easy as it sounds! First you have to put the piece of cloth in thebbottle and wait for it to get soaked in the liquid, and then light it and throw it at the precise moment for it to hit the vehicle, which can be either a plane, a helicopter, or a car, allof which are at different heights. That means, you have to calculate when to light it and when to throw it so it falls and hits the vehicle you're targetting. I'm still working on this but I think it's actually going to be pretty fun.

A fight we cannot lose.
An enemy we cannot defeat.
A destiny we cannot escape.
Follow me on twitter @guilevi2000

2014-03-10 05:55:19

That's great! It reminds me of a part of we're alive

2014-03-10 05:56:27

seanterry01, in the first fight for the tower right? when the mallers get malitoved by Burt, saul, and lizzy? and others.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2014-03-10 09:35:09

Hi.
I finally tried the game yesterday, and it's really cool.
The idea in post 27 sounds amazing! Keep up the good work man.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-03-10 11:12:38

Hello,
To be honest here, I got the basic idea of vehicle attacks using molotovs from We're Alive, but I didn't want to do it exactly the same way.

A fight we cannot lose.

2014-03-11 17:12:02

thanks for the info about the sticky keys thing

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2014-03-12 02:49:47

@ghost rider. You're right. That's what I was thinking too! How do you again turn the sticky keys completely off on the computer? That is driving me crazy!

2014-03-12 08:50:28

Try to activate Sticky Keys. Instead of turning it on, hit the button to go to accessibility center or whatever it's called. Uncheck the appropriate check box, OK, exit as appropriate. Done.

2014-03-12 08:58:49

Exactly. Pressing windows+u basically does the same I think. Hmm now I'm not sure if it's U or something else.

A fight we cannot lose.

2014-03-13 00:45:53

Hi Gilevi.
I'm going to play the game now. You mentioned you aren't good at writing stories. Well if you want to I could write a story for you. I love writing so if your interested just let me know what kind of game story your thinking of and I can write it for you.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2014-03-13 12:48:29

Hi all,
I thought I'd post just a bit of a development diary entry so you guys don't think I'm sitting on my butt watching people play.
First of all, the minigame idea will have to wait until a later version since I don't have propper soundsfor everything and I can't just ship the game out with random test sounds. I would greatly appreciated if someone could get in contact with me if they had sounds.
As for what I've done already, toggling of the health HUD is possible now, as well as a health level check. The rarity of grenades has now been changed, and they are now much more common than flashbangs, which have been removed from the level resupply.
Items are in, for now just beeping sounds on the game field you can walk up to to get supplies. Grenades, flashbangs, medkits, knives and lead pipe uses for now.
By popular demand, I've also coded in the enemy gender system in beta2. The dying sounds have also been changed to something a lot more obvious, different for each gender. I've also fixed the frozen heartbeat sound when the player dies and a medkit is active and added a limit for medkits.
That about wraps it up for what I've done. What do you guys think? Do you want me to release this beta as it is or should I do something else before?
I'm asking you this because I've noticed many games have little care for what the community thinks, and I want this game to be half community-driven. The final decision always remains on me, but many people liked danger city and I'm sure they'd like to have features added into this game, which I can officially call a DC remake now (thanks JasonSW).

A fight we cannot lose.

2014-03-13 13:12:18

I'm not sure about the other guys, but I'd like to take a look on the game as it is now. Just to help you ensure that we can go to the next stage. Once the item handling and fighting mechanisms are working fine, it would be alot easier to go on.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2014-03-13 15:17:36

Hi,
While I know that this might be really hard to implement, regarding a story, but maybe further down the road, could you possibly have a campaigns system like Swamp has where we could create our own stories?
I also understand that if this happened, the game might need a name change, as, ur, we might have spaceships of peril, haunted houses of peril, insert peril here.

2014-03-14 13:09:52

Hi,
@aaron, that might be hard to implement, and honestly, for now it's not worth it, since all you'd be able to do is edit the spawn rate, the min and max values for leve start and end snd such. You know, just to try, I might as well do it. I'll code it and release Beta 2 this afternoon! Enjoy!

A fight we cannot lose.

2014-03-16 19:10:17

'is the new beta almost here?

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2014-03-16 19:18:56

Hi, you said I'll release it this afternoon, but 2 days have assed since then.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2014-03-16 19:37:50

"Are we there yet?" big_smile
Hey guys, take it easy. Let's just wait and see.
Best regards, Haramir.

2014-03-17 00:32:37

Hi all,
i appologize for the delay. This weekend has been a lot harder than I originally thought in terms of school and stuff happening here at my place so I haven't been able to do much. Plus, window eyes is giving me hell by starting everytime I try to start the game, which now tries to use a screen reader for speaking. I'm coding in the survival settings system, which... doesn't really seem to work for now, but I'll do my best. Again, I'm sorry, and thanks for caring about this.

A fight we cannot lose.

2014-03-18 00:24:49

Hello all,
I'm proud to announce that Town of Peril beta 2 has been released! Among the improvements we have enemy genders, custom survival setting templates and more. Check /docs/changelog.txt for more details. The link is on post 1, but just in case, here it is again:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/568 … latest.zip
Enjoy, and yet again, drop me your ideas, bug reports, or just anything related to the game here! Have fun owning stuff!

A fight we cannot lose.

2014-03-18 13:04:08

Right sir. Downloading, feedback swill come soon.
Best regards, Haramir.

2014-03-29 22:48:46

Hello all,
I have two news for this project. No, I'm not about to say "one good, and one bad". They're both good, at least for you. Read on.
Since recent events have shown me that I aparently can't alpha test my own games right, I have decided to open this thing up for private alpha testing. I need a group of people who *KNOW* how to test right. I will supply them with realtime updates to the game which they can test and provide feedback of, via any method they want.
I'll start with a minnimal team of 3 people, which should be the first to send me a valid application. Don't worry, I'm not going to use any strange survey systems to make the app. All you need to do is send me the following details:
Your real name, your experience with early game testing, your experience with Town of Peril and/or Danger City, your skype name if you have it and want to give it to me for easy communication, and that's it.
You can use either mail at guilevi2000(at)gmail(dot)com, twitter at @guillelv_2000, or if you know me and know I'm on any other places, you can talk to me there. Remember, there's only three spots, so be quick!
Now, for the second thing, I think mission mode is just about ready, so... I'm openning the story contest! For this, I do require you to send me your stories to my email addres, which I posted above. I don't mind the layout, as long as it's good and I can use it! big_smile
OK, I guess that's it. Go catch your beta spots or send me your stories!

A fight we cannot lose.

2014-03-30 00:38:47

Gilvy, I cannot contact you any other way but here. but here's my answers.
1. My real name is Baylee Alger, and I am a boy, don't let the name fool you.
2. I beta and alpha test for games already, currently I am beta testing snow race.
3. I've played both town of peril and danger city, and done exceptionally well at both.
4. My skype is theghostrider132.
and thats it.

2014-04-05 12:31:19

Hello,
Because of the number of requests, and because I'm probably a bit too stupid, I've expanded the beta team to 5, although I've made the final decision and I won't be accepting any more people. The beta testing team consists of the five people who asked me. They're experiences with beta testing and these games seem to be acceptable and I'm sure I've made a good choice. My windows computer has been unopperative for the last day or two but I have it now and i'll be sure to send my testers the information they need to access the testing BT Sync folder.
I'm still waitinf roa any stories to be submitted! I need one to start on mission mode! Again, submit your stories at [email protected]. I'm thinking a private beta testing slot can e the prize for the winner, although I seriously don't know what I should do. Every contest has to have some limits, so i guess I'll accept up to 5 stories, until the 12th of April, which is next Friday. if i recieve 5 stories in less than a wek, or the week ends with less than 5 stories, i will proceed directly to evaluation. I really need your help for this and story mode is depending on all of you!

A fight we cannot lose.

2014-04-05 22:36:14

Hi. There doesn't seem to be a manual in english. I only have the spanish one.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2014-04-06 01:07:43

Oh, I agree.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page