2005-03-26 20:58:45

ok

i've tried the bonus level. i hear a beep sound as i get closer, and i

press the left and right arrow keys, and as i do, my jet skey splashes left

and right, but the sound doesn't get any closer. i really need help! what

do i do? i can't get it in the centre so the monkey screaches.

2005-03-29 16:31:15

oh,

and also, just so you know, i read the instructions, but they don't help!

anyone know? i really need help. oh, to get the bonus level, start a new

game, then press left ctrl+right shift+` (the one just to the left of the

number 1 above the tab key). and keep doing it until you have got past level

10, witch is the last level. then pres spacebar, and in the menu there will

be a bonus level below the exit game or exit or whatever the icon is. i mean

option.

2005-03-29 23:10:19

So do

I. I have no luck with that level. When it seems like I've got it I here "0

points" at the end.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2019-04-17 12:42:42

hi i like monkey business. that game is so excelent. and i've never got passed level1 for that professor's lab is too much of a hazzard for me. i can never get that monkey he realeses, and i don't no what the bonus level is all about but i'm sure it's good.

if something you planned goes wrong, don't look back, just carry on.

2019-04-17 16:35:12

It has been a really long time, but if I remember right, the beeping is basically the targeting indicator. You need to center that, then speed up. When you catch up to the monkey enough to be in range, it will start screeching. That's when you shoot.
Good luck.

2019-04-17 16:42:10

thanks. cool rstrunk. i'll try and complete it today. lol i'll drop you an email to tell you if i did it or not. it's pointless leaving people out of all the fun.

if something you planned goes wrong, don't look back, just carry on.

2019-04-17 16:46:33

Hey! thanks for the explanation, I'll try it too.
And, alternative way to reach the bonus level in staid of cheating, complete the game! It works well too! tongue

Best regard,
Simon

2019-04-17 17:40:34

Indeed! Wish I could tell my 2005 self that.
Wow, this is actually hilarious looking at a post of mine from pretty much the beginning of the forum. I mean... just look at that, I don't even know if it has much punctuation, what was I doing!

2019-04-17 18:42:46

Crazygamer, this is like the fourth time you have resurfaced topics from 2005. Why?

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-04-18 00:31:34

But this time, I can't blame him for that. I've tried this bonus level again, and nothing seems to do the job. Actually I'm not sure about what I'm looking for. I hear trains passing by, some random stuff, but I can seem to face them, nore can I hear monkeys or anything that reacts to my gunshots.
Any additional ideas ?

Best regard,
Simon

2019-04-18 03:33:59

After trying the bonus level again, I'm fairly sure it's fundamentally broken. I successfully center the monkey and approach, but I never get the screeching and no amount of shooting does anything.

2019-04-18 11:10:56

and how do you even manage to get close to the monkey? which sound are you aming at? I don't even know if I'm supposed to keep going forward untill I hear something, or if I need to stop the vehicle completely and wait for something to bip...

Best regard,
Simon

2019-04-18 12:34:37

I'm also wondering if it's all intentional, particularly as
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
The music is a version of the mission impossible theme.

2019-04-18 21:37:12

Wow, I feel really dumb right about now. I always assumed that bonus level had been taken out of the final version of the game, because I didn't see it in the menu. I have an old demo version where you can play two levels, the jungle, and that bonus level. So, for many years, I was afraid of losing that version because I thought it was a rarity. Ah well, you learn something new every day.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.