2014-03-31 00:40:13

Basically, I'm looking for something to easily play chords for me. In the Garage Band app for iPhone, I can go to the smart guitar and strum a few chords, but if there is any way to pan to more chords (like you can pan octaves with gestures for the piano), I don't know about it. the app only has seven or so chords listed by default on screen.

is there a way to make the app display more chords, or are those all we get? Is there a program that plays chords as easily as GB? I've found some text charts of chords online, but the midi editor I have is very basic and hard to use. My aim is to learn what the different chords sound like; not necessarily what notes comprise them.

Sugar and spice, and everything ....

2014-03-31 01:55:55

Hello cinnamon.
Well I think you can purchase more chords from within the app. Haven't tried it in a while so not to sure about that. If your a beginner I can make recordings of different chords on the guitar and upload them here for you. Just let me know.
If you have a mac I think there might be more of a selection of chords there since the mac version is different then the ios version.
Hth.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2014-03-31 02:28:21

In garageband, there is a way to switch the key of the guitar under settings.
After choosing your instrument, which will most likely be a guitar or piano, you go to settings.
From there, you should see a button labeled track, which is selected by default.
Next to the button labeled track, you should also see another button labeled, song, select that button, and then your selections should change.
After selecting the button labeled song, you should see something that says, Key, and it should be set to, C-Major.
if you double tap on this menu, you can switch your key, and that should give you different cords.
I'm not sure if this is what you mean when you wanted to hear different cords.
HTH.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2014-03-31 14:35:15

well, you can listen to the liam's audio demonstration on this apps. if you want the link, I can post for you.

2014-04-01 05:05:54

@Deng You are wonderful. That does help. I would make you a bowl of microwave noodles if I could. The app is kind of a pain to use... it keeps jumping back to the play section as I'm trying to work the menues. Changing keys would be a lot faster if not for that.

@guitarman I know enough about music to create melodies in my midi editor, and on a good day, I can throw in some decent harmonies with it. I just really never learned enough music theory beyond that to know how to compose chords, so I do a lot by ear. So while I can write my own lyrics and melody, I would have to find another person to actually put chords to it to make it real. Life would probably be made easier if I still had a keyboard.

Sugar and spice, and everything ....