2014-03-05 17:09:31

Hello. I have got iPhone and Android and I test apps for them.

For iPhone I know applevis.com, but is there something with accessible apps for Android?

Thanks very much.

Vojta.

2014-03-08 07:03:08 (edited by Chris 2014-03-08 07:06:27)

Hi.

Hmm, let me think of a few I have.
If you use dropbox, that is accessible on Android.
For games I only know of Droid Flip and Crazy Bat, although I think VIP games Zone have some which I should probably try.
There is text fiction which lets you play interactive fiction but I'm bored of IF.
Hmm, not sure what else to recommend.
Does anyone else have any good suggestions?
Oh, and Google TTS was updated yesterday or today and the male UK voice is back, yay!
It still lags though so I went back to using Acapela Heather.
Keep in mind that I have a Nexus 7, not a phone so I may be missing out on some stuff like GPS.
Oh, on a thought, does anyone know of a free app that would let me save different speech engines saying stuff to audio files?
I want to use the male UK Google TTS voice for some stuff.

edit

I just remembered Skype. Skype is awesome on Android and works well with TalkBack.
If you want more communication apps, Voxer, Zello and Hey Tell are all accessible on Android.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2014-03-08 08:49:25

there is the eyes free google group wich has lots of apps and occasional games. I think you can read it without loggin in, but you might need to log in with your googl acount. If you have android you already have one. I currently have droidflip, audio pingpong, Audio archery, and Lockpick, on my phone. I use to have a multiplayer thing called lords and knights, but the maps weren't accessible yet, and I could never put enough time in to it. I want to try crazy bat now! Google translate is very accessible, but I hear this is a different story for iphones, I also use an app called xialive for internet radio and podkicker for podcasts. My phone is a piece of junk and old, so you might have grater possibilities in terms of accessible apps than I do.

2014-03-08 12:24:34

Hi! Alsto try Startraders RPG! I had also found trivial games almost accessible: try quiz bluz trivia 2 or Quiz duello! For Radio listening, try Tunein Radio; I love it! Don't forget Setmp Stumper and Spellstack, great games. Bye for now!

Claudio

2014-03-22 23:05:47

Can anyone give me some tips on Droid Flip? 
I downloaded it last night and I've tried it, but I seem to have problems with down, and sometimes up.

Have a blessed day. 
Jennifer

2014-03-25 09:22:55

Hi,
I'd actually like some advice.
I'm considering getting an allwinner 7 inch a13 android tab, and was just wondering, will these apps work on it?
Its just pure android, so in theary they should, but i wanted to ask before i went and baught it.
Thanks,

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2014-03-26 04:16:24

pure android is the best in terms of accessibility. all apps meant for android should run on on any tablet.

2014-03-26 10:06:16

@JenniferM:
With the game Droid Flip, you must literally be moving your phone the way that the person tells you to move.
So, when he says, right? You must actually swing your hands with the phone in it, to the right. Then, when he says left, you swing your hands to the left.
You did say that you were having troubles with down. To do this, you must have the phone flat in front of you. When i mean flat, i mean, with the screen facing the ceiling. Then do a motion like, you are going to drop your phone, straight down. Just don't actually drop your phone. So, do a vertical down motion with your hands, with the phone.
Up would be the same exact way. Just bring the phone straight up, in that same position.
It's ok, if you have the screen slightly tilted twards you, but, you will just have to move your phone more, when he says, down, or up.
-----
Speaking of Droid Flip, my high score is, 30.
-----
@kyle12:
i think the apps on the Google play store only require you to be running at least a specific version of android, or above. So, if your tab is at least running a version of android that will support the app, it doesn't matter on what device you are using, to run the app.
Most tablets these days will be running at least Android version 4.1 or above, if they are a little newer. When i mean newer, i mean, they came out around last year or so.
hope this helps.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2014-03-27 09:48:10

Hi,
Thanks guys for the help. I can always update the tab if needs be anyway, so that's all good.

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2014-03-27 13:29:03

Well, you can't always update it, but depending on the company there's a good chance you might be able to. Oh, speaking of accessible games for the droid, someone mentioned lockpick. How the hell did you get that to work? It just tell me to place my phone in a speciffic way, and no matter what variation of the position I try, the thing just doesn't want to do anything else. I tried using the volume keys to skip forward in the tutorial but it won't work.

A fight we cannot lose.
An enemy we cannot defeat.
A destiny we cannot escape.
Follow me on twitter @guilevi2000

2014-03-27 17:29:42

Hello.

It's a pity that aren't games for Android such as The Night jar or Papa sangre.

2014-03-27 18:00:41

Yes Kyle12, if you do buy an Android tab, and it is not a Nexus branded tablet, the chances of you getting an Android update are very low.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2014-03-28 11:53:20

It all depends on the brand. My BQ Aquaris 5 HD, for example, is still on 4.2.1. It works greatly and I'm reeeeally happy with it, but BQ officially announced they weren't planning on releasing an update.

A fight we cannot lose.
An enemy we cannot defeat.
A destiny we cannot escape.
Follow me on twitter @guilevi2000

2014-03-28 19:31:12

That's exactly what i mean.
Some manufacturers just stop updating their devices, but, others will try to update them as they can.
With Android, before you can get an update, the manufacturers themselves has to grab Google's OS, and make it work with their devices first, before sending it out, OTA for everyone to download, and update. This is why updating on Android is so much different than updating on iOS.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!