2014-03-22 18:34:45

Hi,
I recently baught the dell inspiron 15m or r as it is refered to on the dell website... Only problem is, am having some strange sound issues and can't find a solution anywhere... When I plug headphones in the audio jack, sound seems to play don't know how to explain this like through my headset twice... Then when I try to play a vm in VMware player, I'm having th e same issue... I'm not sure if its a realtech HD audio issue or what... Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,

Daniel

2014-03-22 20:29:10

HI.
This should at least help some.
In your primary OS not the virtual one, do the following.
In the system tray, right click on the speaker icon (f10)
Select playback devices by pressing enter.
Select your primary playback device by pressing space on the item.
Select the advanced tab.
UncheckAllow applications to take exclusive control of this device, if not already unchecked.
Click apply.
Go to the enhancements tab.
Check disable all enhancements.
Click ok through all the dialogs.
Restart the laptop.
See if that helps. Do let us know how it goes.

2014-03-26 22:01:23

Hi,
Just getting your message now--but unfortunately, no luck... Still having the issues... Don't see a "disable all enhansments" though... just went through and made sure they were not checked...
I'm on win 8 so it may be slightly different...
Thanks for the help though,

Daniel

2014-03-27 09:57:49

Hi.
have you looked for any weird effects on the sound card? I don't remember where sinse it's more than 3 years I've tried a Realtech soundcard, but on some sound cards, you have to disable the extra effects.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-03-27 22:05:37

Hi,
I've disabled all of them I think...
Thanks though,

Daniel