2007-07-24 01:59:05

hi,
I know the subject may seem very self-explanitory, but I am mainly leaning towards instruments like guitar, keyboard, piano, base, and vocals.
Please answer back, thanks.

Connor

2007-07-24 09:04:25

that means, almost all instruments, unless those stupid little toy shakers and drums and stuff, i suppose. i play a keyboard (bad keyboard,) it's a yamaha psr 280 and it unfortunately does not have a pitch correction or sustain pedal or anything. i use i mostly for midi purpaces (playing soundfonts, using qws with it and stuff).
we also have an acoustic grand piano downstairs which is like a pretty dark piano. it has a sustain pedal, and no pitch bender of course.
I've been playing keyboard for about six years and I'm not all that good at it really.
when i am older i want to have a better keyboard in combination with some great soundfonts.
i have a sighted friend who plays the guitar. two other people in my school class play flugelhorn and saxophone respectively i think it's tenor but i'm not sure.

2007-07-24 12:53:24

i play the drums, and took my grade 2 exam last week, and i hope that i past, not too sure yet. i'm quite confident though.
i also play the on screen keyboard in qws which is a pain but i really want a good keyboard with those pitch benders but they are really expensive i think and also my studdy is so small. if i put my hand out behind me, there's the door. and to the left is drawers with cd roms and such and to the right is the pc. and there's a fan in the room and then that's it, and then there's the desk of course and i just don't think the keyboard will fit.
which is a shame.
regards,
aaron

2007-07-24 14:46:12

yeah argen you got a point that pretty much covered all the instruments
Just for the record, I do play the drums I am pretty good but I have seen a lot better than me

Connor

2007-07-25 18:51:25

Hmmm, well I do do a lot of musical things fairly frequently. At the moment (and for the last few years), I've been very heavily into singing. I'm sort of a semi-operatic Tenor, and do take it fairly seriously, ----- as I've said, I'm off this weekend to a music festival, which involves three weeks of Gilbert and sullivan,with me both performing and going to lots of performances. I refuse to sing in Italian though, and actually really dislike most grand opera.

It's not all classical stuff though. I also love singing musicals (phantom is my personal favourite, witness my signature), and have even done things like gospel on occasion, though naturally I'm more a ballad sort of chap.

Then, I'm a sort of single minded pianist, ----- I'm okay at playing my own stuff, and accompanying myself when I sing scales etc, but rather bad at playing a lot of other people's stuff. I have a technics 920, which does have the pitch bending and such. now I've moved out of uni and have the room, I'm deffinately going to try some more serious composition.

then, instrument wise, I did a grade 7 in recorder and 5 in flute (though I'm a litle bit rusty at the moment), and also spent several years as a musician for a group of morris men, where I played the accordian, as well as various traditional english pipes and such, ----- though again, I'm now rather rusty at that type of thing.

In terms of my friends, well, I know people who do everything from guitar and drumbs to chellow and flute, and obviously I know a fair few singers.

Apart from singing though as I said, I'm generally a trifle rusty at most of the things I've played.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-07-26 03:12:43

cool

Connor

2007-07-28 00:14:59

Hey guys! I play the keyboard for my highschool marching band. I've been playing for about four or five years now.
When I'm bored, I like to make some cool drum beats with the keyboard. I'm really good at techno and rap beats!

2007-07-28 21:03:18

do you have skype? if so it'll be cool because me and my friends love hearing people paly the keyboard. on teamtalk the other day we had people with vocoders, keyboards, and itwas a blast, and someone made a jingle up about me, kind of taking the mickey. i wanted to buy a vocoder, and this jingle was quite funny.

2007-07-28 22:11:41

I can play guitar, bass and jew's harp.

2007-07-28 23:05:01

Unfortunately, I do not have skype. I'm not even sure exactly what skype is.

James

2007-07-29 03:00:30

Wow Andy! That must really suck about the spam! Anyways, I might look into getting skype. It sounds really cool. How well does it work over a dial-up connection? That's the only thing I'm worried about.

James

2007-07-29 07:32:55

See if you can find any info on that at www.skype.com they should hopefully have answers there.

Andy:
I've been getting junk about the greetings cards a lot too, and I'm not even in the same country as you I suspect. The biggest stupid thing they did in those messages is where they give you a web address it is actually an IP not a normal URL, no domain name. That sets alarm bells ringing to say the least.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-07-29 15:17:50

cx2: if you have skype, add jukesy39 to your skype list. same for anyone else. if i get a request, from now on, i will accept it. if it turns out to be bad, i will block that user. or, alternitively, please contact me another way before adding me to skype so that i know for a fact that it's not an advertising person, or bot for skype, i've had that a bit. but i block those.
to get my e-mail, remove the x letters.
[email protected]
thnks.

2007-07-29 18:02:20

James,
Your better off just getting aim or using that if you got it already.
I have it so you know someone to talk to I guess.

Connor

2007-07-29 18:25:32 (edited by aaron 2007-07-29 18:26:04)

hey,
ryan: i checked every part of the website and found nothing about skype.
can you post it on the forum for us, for easier searching? and also i have not recieved any viruses or anything through skype.

2007-07-30 16:43:08

Thanks for the help guys. I think I'll just have to go with CJ's suggestion of using AIM. Man! Dial-up sucks!
My mom might be getting cable internet in a few months, so skype may still be a possibility.

James

2007-08-02 18:35:32

good idea james,
maybe when you get it ill give you my screen name

Connor

2007-08-31 03:20:36

Hi all!
I am a drummer, begin play 4 years ago.
I have a drum set, play jazz, funky, and progressive rock music.
I want play all kind of music and all styles.
tomorrow I have a solo concert but I'M ill
ehh

best regarts

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2007-09-08 03:30:47

I'm a turntablist in training.  Vinyl isn't that much more expensive than CDs but I never thought I'd have to buy my music again.

James

2007-09-08 05:19:40

So you want to DJ itz? Do a pod cast at your site. Short MP3 thing monthly. lock and load. Read you some here. You got it. You need material. Use Art Bell's show and do a parody of the After Dark news letter for your material they put outl. You're NY you know of him. Throw in some SFX and you have the zine to spoof as material. I don't know if the Euro folks have such as that. I mean Art's guests were serious. It was a real laugh most of the time.  hmmm... does the micro-phone count as an instrument?

Yo

2007-09-08 05:26:21

Dark, you like to pod cast. Need some fun parody material? After Dark news letter, Dark ... after ... wha... I bet the BBC dosn't have such as that! I think Coast to Coast is internet too. I need to check.

Yo

2007-09-08 19:56:11

I play keyboards and classical piano. I've played piano so long as I can remember (started about 2-3 years old). I started piano lessons when I was 6 years old. We had a Technix keyboard in home before I was born. Unfortunately it broke when I was about 4 or 5 years old. Later we got some kind of Yamaha synthesizer. However I got my first keyboard, Roland Em-15, when I was 7 years old or so. We started to play live sets with my brother when I was 9 years old. Now I have roland Juno-G and Roland EXR-5. I can play flute too. We have also grand piano.

2007-09-14 22:05:17

Andy What kind of music do you play? I play Heavy, power, progressive and symphonic metal.

2007-09-25 02:43:25

hmm, I play a lot.
I just started doing grade 6 drums, I selftaught myself guitar, I'm ok at the bass, and I'm all right at the piano. I'd only play for midi.
But best of all, I play the mouth trumpet!
I make trumpet sounds with my mouth,, and I can actually do the mexican hat thing with it!

check out sounds of alchemy, my metal/rock band!
www.myspace.com/soundsofalchemy

2007-11-01 14:08:26

i play all of the keyboard-like instruments, syntfh,ard, piano, and t heavy, piano-like thing that has a thing in one end that is like a flat flutelike thing, i don't remember the name.

aaron wrote:

i play the drums, and took my grade 2 exam last week, and i hope that i past, not too sure yet. i'm quite confident though.
i also play the on screen keyboard in qws which is a pain but i really want a good keyboard with those pitch benders but they are really expensive i think and also my studdy is so small. if i put my hand out behind me, there's the door. and to the left is drawers with cd roms and such and to the right is the pc. and there's a fan in the room and then that's it, and then there's the desk of course and i just don't think the keyboard will fit.
which is a shame.
regards,
aaron

how do you use the keyboard in QWS?

I live to crochet!