2007-10-19 16:14:29

Hey guys, I am back with yet another stupid question, but I don't kno how to post links to websites up here.  I mean, I wanted to put a link to a great website wear you can find old-time radio shows, but I can't figure out how to post a link up here.  Call me stupid if you like, but I don't kno how.  Can someone please try to explain it to me?

i used to take things in life for granted...
now i have a beautiful daughter, and she means the world to me.
(at 19, i can say this is harder than it sounds)

2007-10-19 16:32:25 (edited by dark empathy 2007-10-19 16:34:45)

Just a standard copy and paste will do the trick.

First, you'll need to find and copy the address of the link, ---- http etc.

If the link is on a web page, do a right click (or whatever is your screen reader iquivolent), to bring up the menue with copy, paste, save targit etc, and select copy short cut.

If the link is in your favourites menue, you can either do right click iquivolent, or use the properties key (also called thee application key), at the bottom right hand corner of your keyboard next to right control to bring up the menue with copy, paste etc. Select properties to bring up the address, then copy it with ctrl C.

Which ever method you use, once you've got your coppied link address, just paste it here with ctrl V.

you can use Bb code to make it look slightly more tidy, --- Eg, having a "visit this link" message instead of a long http web address, but this is just for appearences really.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-19 17:29:03

You can also copy from the address bar.

And for reference the BB code uses square brackets, I know on a UK keyboard they're next to the letter p between that and the enter. Jaws reads them as "bracket" instead of parenth. The form is -
left bracket url right bracket www.audiogames.net left bracket forward slash url right bracket
Gives
www.audiogames.net

left bracket url=www.audiogames.net right bracket visit audioGames.net left bracket forward slash url right bracket
Gives
Visit audioGames.net

Hope this helps.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-10-19 20:15:50

Ooopse, I forgot about the address bar. Maybe I should actually turn it back on if it does useful things like that.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-19 22:36:10

Just my personal preference but I usually find the "alt+D" combo to jump to it and change address handy, it's how I've done things for some time.

As the saying goes, your mileage may vary.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-10-20 02:59:33

Hmm. I have no idea what the address bar can do, but... I suppose I should learn.
Anyways CX2 is right with the links, you know this because it produced the link.

2007-10-20 14:19:19

Address bar does this -
You press alternate + D and it moves to the bar
It is a text box where you can type in an address then hit enter to go to it, or anything else you can usually do with a text edit box such as editing the contents and copying/pasting.

cx2
-----

2007-10-21 01:52:34

most of the time Cx2, I can get by with links, the favourites menue, and copy shortcut. On the rare occasions when I do need to type or copy a link from a web address specifically, I usually use ctrl O directly with ctrl O, ---- though the majority of the time if people recommend links to me they are from forum posts or E-mails, so I can just tab streight to them.

But obviously this is all personal preference of course.

2007-10-21 12:19:18

Always very true.

cx2
-----

2007-10-22 00:36:33

Yes, agreed with DarkE and Cx2. Lol! Dark how do you like that! DarkE! Instead of writing it all out, Dark Empathy... Same thing. Lol.

I like tapping enter straight on forum/email/website-to-website links, like as in some sites have "click here for links to other sites." I usually just write down the web addresses in a  spot in my brain, or on my BrailleNote.

2007-10-22 08:08:39 (edited by dark empathy 2007-10-22 08:09:54)

andy, Dark will do just fine. In fact, as "Darky" with a Y is a most unpleasant racist insult, I would deffinately not recommend using something that could be mistaken for it, ---- even though it doesn't precisely apply to me, it might give people a hole load of wrong impressions.

As far as links go, in early days of net use, I quickly discovered that noting down web addresses was far too much trouble, and I'd often either remember them wrongly or mess up capitalization anyway.

One highly amusing recent occurrence of this, is my brother was recommending me something from youtube. I assumed however, the site was U-tube (U as in umbrella), which obviously didn't work very well at all.

If I come across an interesting link, I'll usually go there, and if it looks like something I might be interested in investigating later, I'll stick it in one or other folders of my favourites menue, ----- often my "testing area" folder, and come back to it later.

2007-10-24 00:34:20

Interesting...