2013-09-13 22:17:29

I use Firefox and NVDA.  In the last couple of days, the new post behavior that used to put me squarely on the first post I hadn't read in a given topic has vanished.  Now, if I choose the first new post link, I get dumped at the top of the page.  I've been doing this for many months and been able to open the topics in separate tabs to make navigating easier.  Now this is destroying the marked place where I should come in.  Has there been a change to the underlying forum?  It's entirely possible that something in the new NVDA version has borked this feature, but I'm covering all the bases.

2013-09-14 04:23:40

Well some script debugging was done last week, but that wasn't anything that affected the actual layout, display or anything to do with how navigation works.

I've certainly not noticed any similar issues with Supernova, yet I use similar navigation methods myself to go to the first new post etc.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-09-15 03:05:42

How was the forum keeping track of last read messages in a topic and communicating that to me?  Is it a browser cookie?  I'm ending up right at the top of the correct page, where I used to land right on the correct message.

2013-09-18 09:03:53

Hi.
I have noticed that as well, but it happens randomly for me.
I usually check if there's any new posts link before opening a topic, and if there are, I do shift enter to open up that topic in a new window. I'm doing an other thing on my Mac which I'll explain if someone find it useful.
If there's not any new posts link, I sometimes check the date and time for the last post, and see if that was posted after my last visit.
when opening rooms, I never click the new posts link because that skips lots of topics and messages for me.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-09-18 17:38:28

I'm afraid I'm not exactly certain, though I  know the process hasn't changed since the script debug wasn't actually involved with forum functionality.

Personally, I just open each room and look for the topics that have the "new posts" link next to them, then look at those topics.

Increasingly however I also go by date and time, especially where there is a topic I might be interested in reading but may not necessarily need to  write a reply to every comment.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)