2013-08-31 08:33:41

Hi! I am Marco Oros.

In Your database are some games, also in German. In Your forum are games in Japanese and another language.
I have a great idea. What would You say to create a topic with another games released, but not in English.
I will be also informed about another games in Czech and Slovak language in this topic.
Could You think to this idea?

Thank You, Marco.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2013-09-01 05:32:55

Well, this topic seems as good as any other. Why not just post? smile

Just myself, as usual.

2013-09-01 07:49:04

No, I think to create another subforum with new games in another language.

2013-09-01 12:15:44

Would this other forum be in another language, or would it discuss these other language games in English? It would be a bit of a shame if English-language players were left out of non-English games, IMO.

Just myself, as usual.

2013-09-01 19:22:11

Well I can't speak for the german games in the db, since they were added by Richard and Sander originally and I'm not sure if they're uptodate. The real problem however is that English is the only language all the moderators speak, ditto with editing the db. I've got no problem with people discussing none english games on the forum, but if people start posting in other languages or writing about games in them then keeping track of things like spam, or new versions much less adding db pages could be difficult.

then of course, there are! audio games sites in other  languages anyway. I know there is an audiogames brazil for instance, and I believe there is a similar site in german.

indeed that would likely be the best way around really, have communities based on other languages setup their own audio games related sites and then we exchange links.

Oh, and of course we do try in the db note when a game is! playable in other languages, for instance with the topspeed or rail racer packs, the Italian versions of zero site games or the rumanian and other languages available for Pontes games.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2013-09-01 19:55:48

OK, every discussions about this games will be in English also, as the Japanese developers do this same thing and also big reason is, English language is spoken by more people of third generation in my country now.
I'll informated about this games in English, sometimes I put some text file to translate in Slovak language, or Czech.

2013-09-01 22:40:03

That sounds like a good idea, and if you or someone else could help translate the games or give instructions for playing them in English  then more people could enjoy them across the world.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)