2013-06-20 21:37:55

So, today I was browsing my pics on my iPhone when I realized, to much surprise, I actually have a diesent picture of me, so naturally I went to Safari to upload it. And this isn't an apple issue. Well, partly, yes. So I selected that file and got the following error. "The picture is too big to upload" or something like that. I got the feeling it had to do more with the image size than with the file size, and it actually makes sense, cause no matter how good looking I am, there are always those that prefer to read the actual discussions than looking at my sexy body.
But seriously folks, can't the server scale the picture itself? This is the first website I've ever been to that can't do that. Hum, I guess I could work around this size thing though, but I'd rather prefer the easy solution. The definitely not easy solution is to pull my iPhone photo over to Itunes, open iPhoto, which I might not even have installed, and resize the image, which I have no clue on how to do. Then, put the picture back on the phone again, which I still have no clue on how to do. So auto freakin sizing would really be the best solution.

Okay, thanks for listening. Oh, did you? Please say you did.

Best regards
That sexy beast

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2013-07-01 12:10:34

Truegamer, the simple answer is no. Forums do not auto size avatar picks mostly because that process can make things look rather uggly, indeed I've heard many people have to manually edit their image sizes after some site has auto sized them since bits of the image are cut off or the hole thing goes blurry.

So unfortunately your goig to need to resize the thing yourself or as I'd suggest find someone else to do it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)