2007-08-03 09:35:56

hi.
what type of keyboard do you have. i have a fairly old and farly boring keyboard. it's a Yamaha psr 280 with no sustain pedal, no pitch bending, and no xg instruments.
another question: is there any way i can listen to all xg instruments without having it myself, i mean i have the instrument list and i wanna hear for example the similarities and differences from tubular bells, church bells and carillion. but because my keyboard is relatively boring, i can't play the xg instruments, and i would like to. any other solution to play xg instruments without having xg voices on your keyboar? or to at least hear the xg voices being played?
thanks for your help.

2007-08-13 20:29:37

yeah and what about soundfonts!

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-14 07:49:46 (edited by leonard 2007-08-14 07:51:39)

I got an Yama DGX 205, with xglite and a pitchband. But, the problem is, my instrumentlist wich i made for qws works not correctly, and when i make a midi on my keybord and i save it, when i open the midi, i hear only piano's, and that's boring. Do anybody know how i can change that?

and another question, when you use sonar for midi input and ouput, how is it working? Here it's boring, and the instruments will not be detected as well.

2007-08-15 08:17:25

hi. it's a shame the soundfonts... in cakewalk is always unavailable. soundfonts are much better though and i wanna use them but they're pretty much too big for the demos/styles/etc. i have two soundfonts that are excellent, (omnisynth and sgm180) and some that are decent (fluid, realfont, airfont). these are geneal midi banks. then there are the secialty instruments like violins, mandolins, star wars weapon sounds, timpani, some harps and lots of miscellaneous stuff