2013-05-15 03:01:56

Hello Sean, unfortunately, I had too make a stage-breaking change to the builder. So the stage creator must upgrade his/her stage.

2013-05-15 05:34:39

My platforming practice stage has been updated. Link should be the same.

2013-05-16 20:11:30

Hello, due to some necessities, the way stage passwords are stored is being changed for the AAC being released this weekend or early next week.
This means absolutely nothing to the players of stages, but it means alot to stage creators. You will be locked out of your own stages. To fix this, simply, now, create unlocked backups of all of your stages. Next update will fix this problem and shall hopefully void that possibility of ever happening again. When the new AAC comes out, you can resume as normal.

2013-05-18 03:37:38

Hi.

This is my very first stage and it seems to be really hard, its not actually impossible.

Tell me what you all think.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/641 … m%2032.stg

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2013-05-18 14:47:17

Here's my first public stage! Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Its called, Avast.exe. I mainly made this one to show how annoying Avast can be. Good luck!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56124130/ava.stg
Hints: Remember back in the elementary school days when you learned about patterns, or back in the band days when you learned about rhythm? Well, you might want to pull those skills out for this stage. Also, the number 7 can save your life when you're dealing with barriers.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2013-05-18 14:55:47

Hi. Where should I put the stage file?

2013-05-18 15:06:02

faelnar.christopher, in the stages subfolder. Gamedude, first time through your stage, I took 3 minutes and 42 seconds. aaron77, first time through your stage, I took Ten minutes. Both were pretty hard, but no stage can stop meeeeee! Admittedly though, I didn't kill the viruses in Aaron77's stage. Could have, my stats are awesome, and I wanted too. Unfortunately I forgot to remove a high difficulty mod on my file, the viruses where invinsible at that multiplier. All in all though, if I didn't have the multiplier, I could have killed the viruses and completed the stage a bit quicker. I am just about to play again with difficulty mod turned off.

2013-05-18 15:41:21

How do you adjust the difficulty, and what exactly does it effect? Another question. How can you access the control pannel for stage creators?

2013-05-18 17:27:35

To do both things, you need to have completed the game.

2013-05-18 17:32:23

Yeah, I have completed the game, but I am still unsure of how to do these things.

2013-05-18 18:14:03

to access difficulty, press shift-o from the between levels stage. You will see dificculty as a new option near the bottom. To access the stage builder, press shift-s. You can choose to create,play or edit a custom stage.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2013-05-19 03:57:26

I wish their was a rusty revenge.
how about a folder like explorer.exe

2013-05-19 05:52:43

Why don't you create a stage? It is quite friendly.

2013-05-19 06:38:17

I would creat a stage even if it's friendly.
the only thing I can do is put obstacles in the stage builder but not enemies.
just delete rays etc.
also, can it be played for earning bits?

2013-05-19 07:00:41 (edited by Hayden 2013-05-19 07:01:15)

Ok, so I've beaten the game and have serious issues with the stage creator. There seems no wa to edit what you've place, e.g removing/editing enemies, geyser, corrupted sectors, etc. AM I wrong, or is there some way to do that?

Best Regards,
Hayden

2013-05-19 07:48:32

I noticed the same thing. There should definitely be a way to edit or remove items already placed. In my imagination, I see it working something like this.

In the stage builder, you can already use left and right arrows to move around, or hit F1 to use the cheat panel to jump to a specific location. In my implementation if there was such a thing, any time you landed on a location with something on it, you could hit a key to identify items at that location. You'd be told briefly whatever was on that space. For example, "Text" or "Delete ray, Checkpoint" or "End of level." There would be a keystroke to edit an item. If there was more than one item on that space, you'd get a menu of items. Once you selected the one you wanted, there'd either be a menu of editing options or, probably simpler, you'd be asked to reenter the relevant information for that item. E.G. for a delete ray, the damage amount and timing. There would be another keystroke to delete an item. Once again, if multiple items exist on this space, you'd select which one. Then you'd be given the details of the item you're about to delete and asked if you're sure.

As for corrupt sectors, which can and often do span several spaces, one solution would be to identify the left X and right X of a corrupt sector as "having" that corrupt sector, and allow editing at either location. Alternatively, allow editing from within the corrupt sector.

2013-05-19 08:47:45

The other thing is that moving aroudn the bord is superfluous. You have to specify where you want to place the object. Why can't you just prress f and have a platform at your current position?

Best Regards,
Hayden

2013-05-19 15:30:30

This emplimentation could puttentially be difficult to manage. What I will probably have is a keystroke which will list all of the obstacles/enemies on the stage and you can press enter to delete them. Eventually, I'd add the ability to edit them with out deleting them, but that will also be pretty hard.
Neither will be in the upcoming release sometime this week or next week. But, lots of enemies have been added, plus arrows.

2013-05-22 05:05:14

I forget, can you add items on a stage as well?  It would be cool if you could; you could enhance your gaming experience for a bit while making progress in earning bits, getting lives, and so on.  Oh yeah, probably tomorrow I'll set up some directories on my server for stuff like this so there will be a site that is already set up for this stuff to save people the trouble.

I'm at Latitude E6530, and Longitude S100-1525.

2013-05-22 07:22:33

I noticed a bug in a couple of the stages; in Python 27, Rusty's secret stage, and Temp, the stage opens, then immediately closes.  Then it goes over to the congratulations screen as if we have completed a level when we didn't even do anything at all.  Very strange, don't you think?  Has anyone else noticed this with the latest AAC?  Oh, and by the way, has anyone beaten avast.exe?  LOL.

I'm at Latitude E6530, and Longitude S100-1525.

2013-05-22 08:08:40

The bug with completing a level is a known issue. Those stages haven't been updated from the earliest version of the stage builder, where it wasn't possible to set a location for the level to end. There's no way to fix this except for the original creators to update their stages. Which brings up an interesting potential problem.

I know we were given plenty of warning, but there's bound to be someone in the following situation: Has stages passworded with an older version, and just used their only game save with access to the stage builder with the latest version, so now that save won't open in any older version so they have to complete the game in the old version just to be able to unlock their older stages.

2013-05-22 10:50:25

hi there! i am stuck with a litle thing... because of my bad quality screan reader, i i do not understand what should be the password in my document... my english isn't really good, but i really do not understand what it says. tongue can someone help?

2013-05-22 11:35:42

Hi guys! check out my updated stage, system volume information reloaded! Now compatible with  adventure at c: 2.0, and completely redesigned! It takes advantage of all of AAC's new awesome features! Get it today!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/825 … mation.stg

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2013-05-22 15:13:39

Wooooo, key, that was pretty challenging! I am happy you had so much in the  stage builder unlocked, you have a great variety of enemies! Plus you has arrows unlocked! It took me 9 minutes to get through my first time, however if I were to redo it now I know it, I could probably make 3 or 5...maybe? I'll have to try.

2013-05-22 22:03:24

hmm, well, I managed to beat it in 2:43. Can you beat that?