2007-07-16 04:08:09

Hi,
I don't know if I should even be asking this question on this forum but I don't have to many other blind people to ask this so here goes.
Since we are blind, do you think we are attracted to women that sometimes are not attractive to sighted people?  This does not mean race at all.  please answer back its kinda a question I really want answered.

Connor

2007-07-16 04:37:14

Hm... Good question.

Perhaps since we don't place such a high price on our 'looks' as many sighted cultures, I would figure that 'attraction' from a visual standpoint, makes no sense.
Perhaps also, we can get past the shallow~ish 'looks are everything' stories.

Cheers,
-phalos

2007-07-16 04:42:09

basically one of the main things I am asking is,
are some blind people attracted to fat girls and not maybe the skinny ones that the sighted people like so much?

Connor

2007-07-16 04:58:10

Hi:

The way I get attracted to the girl is mianly her personality and of course, their voice as well. Depending on what type of voice you are looking for, you will usually find a hot looking girl along with it. Now it's not always the case but it does work and I would say it sometimes doesn't work but there won't be a between. if you get what I mean.

Game Man

2007-07-16 09:11:46

from a technical standpoint Cj, as a fairly serious semi-operatic singer, I can tell you that a person's weight is only vaguely related to the quality of their voice, ------ particularly in the lower vocal ranges such as alto, baritone and base.

You do tend to meet more large people with resonant voices, ------ but occasionally I've come across a skinny litle base.

and of course, quality of speaking voice is only vaguely related to singing voice, ------ I once met a fantastic tenor, who spoke as though he was stoned.

so the fat vs thin thing only vaguely applies in this case.

as for the personality in voice thing, well, one of my very close female friends doesn't have a particularly pleasant speaking voice at all, ------ though she's an exceptionally nice person. by the same tocan, I've met a fair few semi-pro singers with wonderful speaking voices who are complete and utter gits.

I think though, that rather than vocal quality, it it is possible to tell quite a lot about someone's personality from their voice if your practiced enough, so in this sense you might be right.

As for myself and attractiveness, whether I find someone attractive is to a large part based on my remaining site, ----- though vocal quality can play a part as well. sinse I find the vast majority of ladies to be attractive though, this doesn't exactly mean very much. At first I thought this was a site thing, but a normally sited friend of mine works exactly the same way.

Generally, as game man said though, i tend to fall for girls for their personality, ----- in fact, on one occasion, I fell very seriously for a girl who, site wise I didn't initially find attractive (though I do admit she was the most fantastic metso supprano).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-07-16 13:22:50

Also bear in mind there are sighted people who like "fat girls". To begin with it is well known being skinny doesn't automatically mean attractive since there have been some celebrity women who were very popular for their curves, but as I say most of all remember that different people like different things.

Some people favour certain figures, certain hair or eye colours, skin tones, voice or accent. I don't see why a visually impaired person should be any different.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-07-16 14:43:39

yeah,
I do sometimes use the voice thing and it is usually pretty aacuit (I don't know how to spell that) and I also look for personality of course!

Connor

2007-07-16 15:00:26 (edited by dark empathy 2007-07-16 15:04:54)

another thing to bear in mind though, is there is a huge difference betwene finding a person attractive in some way, and seriously falling for them. As I said, I find the vast majority of ladies attractive in some way, and have one or two preferences, but because this is so general it means almost nothing to me.

the occasions I've fallen for someone, have all involved her personality to a great extent, and have all been a lot! more serious than merely finding someone attractive.

but I'll stop here before I start becoming mordlin.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-07-16 20:10:40 (edited by Shin_Goenitz 2007-07-16 20:14:08)

Hi.

Long since I have posted now, so it's time I come out and say something again!

I'm verry agree in what Game Man said. I  look mostly for the personality, but I also think   they should have a fine and atractive voice. And I of course prefer the   women who are thin.
Maybe this is a bit dumb to say as a totally blind person, but I also like nice boobs and a nice body the best, but by all means, I'm not looking for a stupid babe with almost no braincelles!

V

2007-07-17 06:04:14

Each to their own. Myself I'm not at all keen on skinny, though I have made an exception in the past for one person so personality beats that any day. Slim is fine but boney not so much.

Also this is something perhaps might be surprising to say for someone with no useful sight, but shoulder length hair is good.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-07-17 19:59:54

yeah I guess

Connor

2007-07-24 19:07:26

Hi:

I would have to agree that like like girls that are not very skinny but also not over weight but definately I would like them to have long hair.

Game Man

2007-07-24 22:36:31

yes now that I think of it, I would defenetly want the girl to have long hair

Connor

2007-07-30 17:03:40

Hi. I have a girlfriend right now. We've been dating for two months now, not that that really matters to this topic. I visited her yesterday and discovered that she is really skinny, and tall, but she has a very beautiful voice. So it's a matter of prefference. I could care less about looks though. I look for, 1: personallity, 1.5: voice. This is coming from a totally blind person by the way.

OT. I like this topic!

James

2007-07-31 22:41:31

Here's another question. Does the way a girl smells or not come into play? Or am I just weird because I prefer my girl to smell good.

James

2007-08-01 09:26:41

Well I don't think we would want a girl smelling of cowdung so it obviously has some impact tongue

Seriously as I said before different people respond to different ideas, that includes different senses too. If a girl with nice perfume attracts you then there is really nothing wrong with that.

cx2
-----

2007-08-01 11:49:11

Despite having a small amount of site, I will admit that smell in general is one of my most important senses. In fact I use it together with my site, hereing and tactile signals as a major factor in mobility.

for example in Newcastle train station, I locate the correct exit from the cross platform bridge by sniffing out for the coffee shop and milly's cookies, both of which are next to the entrance.

so smell plays a part in my understanding of people as well. I'm less likely to think much of people of either gender who smell bad, and though (as I said), I've fallen for girls who's either physical appearence or voice I didn't initially find attractive, I don't think I've ever fallen for a girl who physically smelled.

I myself, use a fair amount of male cosmetics such as cologne and aftershave as a matter of course whenever I go out, to make certain I don't smell.