2013-02-23 13:04:10

Hello all,
At this moment, I am very, very, very proud of Ghorthalon.
Droidflip is the first release from dragonapps which is, as the name emplies, not for the windows user base. Yes, this game is for anyone with an android device that has been updated to version 4.0.
What makes this so funny though is I'm the one who's posting this, and haven't even played it at the time of writing!
So, Droidflip is a simple game. It's one of these bop it style affairs but kind of cooler. You swing your device left, right, up and down, and tap the screen when it tells you to do so. But, this being a dragonapps game, you can expect it to sound rather nice, that's all I'm saying. Also, remember to disable the screen reader you are using first, such as talkback or whichever other ones are out there, as I'm sure there are a couple more, unlike Apple.
Let's just say, I am honestly, so happy at this moment. Why? as far as I know this is the first audiogame that's done by a quite well known developer of the windows based platforms, but developed exclusively for android.
This can be found on the google play store, and it's free! Droidflip, presented by dragonapps.org!
Here's a link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … .DroidFlip

2013-02-24 18:50:33

wow, really wow! that's awesome! Only question for now: How do I turn talkback off on my Nexus 7? I should of course be able to start the game, turn it off, and then turn it on again without sighted assistance. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-02-25 04:30:18

it does not work

2013-02-25 17:17:22

Hi,
I can confirm that the game does work. You need the latest version of talkback if you want to turn it off, and you also need android 4.0 or later. You also have to make sure your phone doesn't lock every 15 seconds of you'll have no chance.

2013-02-26 02:14:15

how do i hold the phone i hold it upwords it sometimes it warks

2013-02-26 10:12:26

Hi.
How do you quickly turn off talkback without doing it from the settings?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2013-02-27 11:44:05

Hi there all,

I will do an in-depth explanation recording for this game, how to get it and play it soon.
This includes putting Talkback to sleep, how to hold the device, etc.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2013-02-27 13:07:36 (edited by SLJ 2013-02-27 13:07:56)

Awesome, Ghorth. I have to look more into my Nexus 7, and your game will be the reason for doing so. smile I have just messed up this device once, so therefore I'm asking how to get Talkback to sleep, because I don't wanna get in this situration again, where I need sighted assistance to get it to talk again. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2013-02-28 00:29:21

Hi.

Do you think you would ever develope this for IOS?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2013-02-28 00:35:12

Hi,
I doubt that it'll be developed for IOS, unfortunately.

2013-02-28 23:07:26

Hi,

I cannot accomplish that. I could make it a webapp, but I'm not a web developer.

I simply do not have the money to purchase a mac, and keep my Apple Developer license going every year.

Tomorrow I shall record these instructions, by the way. If anyone has me on Skype, please do remind me. big_smile

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2013-03-07 00:56:53

did you do the  review

2013-03-16 05:59:29

How do you turn talkback off? And via the android emulator? And this may be a stupid question but, can you play this game via the emulator I have? I mean icecream.zip from eurpod.com/vmware. Has anyone tried it? I really don't have all that money to shell out on a samsung galaxy when one, I have talkatone which can make free real phone calls without any minutes, and two, it's simply not necessary and too expensive. That's why I was initially wishing for an ios version but, who knows, maybe this'll work in the emulator.

2013-03-16 13:52:21

hi,
How do you get the android emulator to work. I've been meaning to try it for a while now. Bit off topic so, sorry.

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2013-03-16 14:36:16

Here's the android icecream sandwitch for virtual box, and note by virtual box I mean only virtual box not vmware. Okay, then download it, extract it to something like c:\android, download virtual box then run the .vbox file from run don't try it from vb itself because that comes up with errors every time I start it saying global settings can't be found. Once you've opened the thing and know it works, you can create a shortcut on the desktop and possibly a hotkey. Note it takes about 10 or so minutes to get piko to work, for a while it gives you the sluggish classic tts, so wait a while for that. Note it seems you're already good on internet, because I can download droidflip without problems. Some quick commands, all arrow keys will scroll through the items on the screen, enter is used to doubletap, enter and hold longd tap, escape is home, f4 is lock, and f1 is unlock. How do you put talkback to sleep now? Escape 3 times doesn't work.

2013-03-16 18:45:54

hi,
Could you upload the android emulator to dropbox? europod is a bit broken because the acount of said person is suspended.
Much obliged,

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2013-03-17 00:35:27

You may want to try and use this AndroVM A11y emulator instead, especially since its running Jellybean 4.1.1, and Talkback 3.2.1, automatically speaking at start up. You can upgrade TalkBack to 3.3.0 manually from the Google Playstore without problems.
http://eigeldinger.dyndns.org/androvm-a11y/
Side note:
Although you can shutdown AndroVM via powering off the machine, its safer to hold down the end key til it says power off, then press enter on the power off option, which is the first option. Not easy to do, so you may want to create a shortcut to that.
This VM is a phone and tablet combined VM, so you can run iBlink Radio on it for example, and it works nicely!
There's a thread on the Eyes Free Google group, if ya need more help with it.

Browsing is a bit more trick

2013-03-17 00:47:43

hi,
Do i need special stuff to run that?

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2013-03-17 01:03:29

See the site for more info, but in general, 7 zip to extract, Virtual Box to run it.

2013-03-17 01:48:30

hi,
Ok, this has just convinced me to by the nexuss 7

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2013-03-18 00:38:28

How to do a single tap with the vm, pressing enter doesn't get me anywhere in droidflip even with talkback off.

2013-03-24 05:48:17

hi, first, this game is working in my android phone that is running android v2.2!
but I need help. in the help screen, it says that the game can have an excuse to punch someone in the face. what can I do to do that?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2013-03-26 16:29:14

Hi,

The game says that this game should not be an excuse to punch someone in the face. LOL! It says this because you have to move it rather rappidly, so if someone's standing next to you...

Oh yeah! I was gonna do the recording was I not? Well damn. See what life can do to you?

I have both the Nexus 7 tablet, as well as the Nexus 4 phone. And now, owning both devices, I don't ever want to live without them. LOL

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2013-03-26 23:57:09

A recording might be my only way to pretend play it. Lol if noone can flip with the emulator, letalone do a single tap to get the game started, enter doesn't work.

2013-03-27 18:29:23

Great game gorth. I installed it yesterday on my Xperia minipro device and it is great. I have a suggestion. Can you do a game with knights and swords? It will be great a sword duelling.