2007-05-19 02:37:24

hello, I was wondering if anyone could concider creating a terminator style game based on terminator2: judgment day? thanks!!!!!!!!

2007-05-19 04:11:10

Hmmmm, well firstly, I'm not sure about copywrite issues with the sounds etc. Arny might be back, but would you really want him sooing you? Assuming this was okay though, I like the idea of an audio game based on a famous film, but methinks a litle more inffo on your idea might help.

Main stream gaming wise for example, there were I believe several different games. A light gun game involving shooting the screen, and a sort of mix thing where you had a couple of beat em up styl battles with the T1000, a couple of car chase style racing seens with the 1000 chasing you in a truck or a chopper, and even a couple of block puzles where you had to fix Arny's various body parts.

What sort of thing would an audio terminator game have? A basic shoot em up with police and the T1000? a side scroller? a mix of gameplay?

I'm not saying it'd be a bad idea, I just think a litle more concrete thought about the actual nuts and bolts of the game might be a plan.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-05-19 17:58:41

Hello, I was thinking about a type of side scroling shooter/ beat em up. Maybe you could have a grenade launcher and you had to blow up the cop cars and try to destroy the t 1000 as the final level.

2007-05-20 18:00:29

Erm, sorry to sound stupid, but what terminator are you talking about? I mean what is it?

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-05-20 19:28:47

Terminator 2 judgement day is the second Terminator film, starring Arnold Shwatzaniga (who's name I am probably mangling the spelling of).

Like the other Terminator films, it's about a future war betwene humans and machines, where the machines send a terminator robot back in tieme to kill off the leader of the resistance, John conner.

In the 1st film, they attempt to kill his mother by sending a T800, a robot covered with living human tissue (played by the big man from Brustles), and the human resistance send back a human resistance fighter to protect her.

the 2nd film takes place when John's actually twelve years old. the humans send back a reprogrammed T800 (oncemore played by Arny), to protect John, but the machines attack with the t1000, another humanoid robot, but this time made out of liquid metal, so that it can do things like absorb bullits, completely change it's appearence, and form knives out of it's hands.

So most of the film is the duel betwene the two terminators, as well as some temporal paradox stuff where John and co try and stop the war from ever happening in the first place. A very nice film all round, lots of bombs, and guns but also some quite interesting stuff about morality and what it means to be human.

Se This Wikipedia artical about the film for all the details.

obviously apart from being a classic film, terminator 2 had several computer games made of it, so it's just as reasonable to think of making a Terminator audio game as it would be one based on any other successful film or Tv series, as I said, a good thing assuming you wouldn't be killed by copywrite lores.

in fact, sinse Terminator 2 was such a a heavy action film (though stil as I said interesting in the plot department), it might translate slightly better into an action orientated run and gun or punch game better than something like Star trek.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-05-21 02:01:30

I think it should be a side scroller sort of shooter
i mean super liam was sort of that way and look how good that game was
people should really make more side scrollers you can do alot with them
good idea for a game!

Connor

2007-05-21 08:29:54

Well personally for a terminator game, I deffinately think side scrolling levels would be good, but also maybe a few racing style car chases, and sterrio targiting gun battles as well, just to give the game progression, ----- something like Tarzan Junior though hopefully without those annoying bees.

Btw, Cj, tom is apparently talking about releasing a Montizooma's revenge Beta in June, so hopefully there should be at least one new side scroller very soon.

2007-05-21 14:11:01

Hmm that might work. Myself I would like to see more spread in audio games though, there are so many mainstream genres that .have either not been touched or barely skimmed the surface of

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-05-21 19:44:22

Agreed. I probably don't need to say the word Rpg in this contex, but also I deffinately think advances should be made on the war stratogy genre. Galaxy ranger is good, but deffinately more could be done with this type of thing.

A true audio beat em up would also be good, though I suspect we'll get one of those comparatively soon.

2007-05-27 22:16:47

Ok. I've posted several ideas in the past, but none of them has got feetback as a computer-game. I'd really see a new shooter, but we have the new technoshock, which is a quite tough challange, especially played in russian. The strategy part for the blind is completely missing or I've just missed some games. I am my self interested in playing strategy -games, for that reason I've developed a way to play age of empires alone. Also, there should be some beat-up games. Once there was a storie about "Tournament of the nine kings",but this idea is now history I think. For a good beat-up I'd recommend some tournamentic game, but with a new storyline and a realtime play.
I am myself learning programming, but I usually deal with web interfaces and as a musician I learn  to make sound-generators and music-programs for blind. I'm also starting to use linux, so if I get hand on programming, I'll maby release some beginner-audiogames for deb systems.
With regards
J

Languages don't influence the way we think, but they still have a world and worth in themselves. Celebrate your mother tongue, the world is a diverse place.

2007-06-05 23:17:43

Um, I hope I don't sound dumb, but, Dark, how would you carry out these car chases?  Would it be set up like Top Speed or Mach 1 with the sound panning when you needed to turn?  I also would like strategy and beat 'em up games; there's too much of these Space Invaders line 'em up in the middle and blast them.  I hope we come across something new soon.

2007-06-22 12:21:03

I agree Andy, diverse games are always good, and Terminator 2 would certainly make a diverse game, ----- as I said, even the main stream game featured several different types of levels.

the car (and motorbike), chases in the main stream game were more along the lines of light cars, with other cars trying to ram you as well as stationary obstacles like rocks, and the T1000 chasing you in either a chopper or a truck, ------ which both ended up crashing into bridges at the end of the level (old T1000 is obviously a pretty useless driver).

In an audio version though, I was thinking something like a slightly modified version of light cars, with you dodging obstacles rather than a full racing game. Perhaps some twists could be added though, ------ such as fuel cans you had to grab to keep your speed up, and if you go too slowly the T1000 leans out of it's vehicle with an oozy and attempts to gun you down.