2007-05-12 02:46:28

i was really curiose about which video games were assessible video games
I was wondering if you guys could just list some accessible video games for the ps2 or psp for me so I can maybe by them
I am looking to increase my amount of games
so come up with as much as you can!

Connor

2007-05-16 14:53:05

CJ,
You should take a listen to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olBJVvD2OQc

It's a recording of me completing sertain sections of "the legend of zelda: Ocarina of Time" for nintendo64.
Please tell me what you think.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2007-05-18 01:31:17

Trajectory,
that was cool, but I didn't really get it that much, I do n't know much about zelda
but how did you play that game
I don't know how to play zelda but I can play other ones
but still!
that game seemed really complicated I would like to know

Connor

2007-05-19 22:35:42

Those games aren't what you'd call accessible. Certain parts might be playable, true, but that does not make the whole game accessible. The Simpsons: Road Rage an be a different story. A blind person could, conceivably withot any sighted help at all, complete that game at least in its main Road age mode. Granted it would probablytake forever (it tok me over a year), but the game is extremely forgiving in that you get the money for picking up the passengers whether or not you actually manage to deliver them to their destinations. So even if you pick up several passengers but don't get them to their destinations,the money is still added to the goal of a million. You even still unlock the other drivers and locales this way.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2007-05-19 23:37:31

Hi.
Don't know why I haven't answered to this before, it has just passed by.

Well, try some of the fighting games. Tekken 4 and ,  the Soul Calibur series, Mortal  Kombat series, King of Fighters, Street Fighter, etc, etc, etc... There are many games, just too   tired to type all of
them down right now.

V

2007-05-20 00:48:27

Hello,
First, one brief comment: even when a game isn't "accessible", there are usually work arounds.
Some examples:
1. For menus, remember how many times you have to press the button / joistick to get to an option.
2. Yes, I know we are trying to avoid sighted help, but maybe one time, have a sighted person describe the area and make a mental map.
These are what helps for me because I am very good at imagining things, I'm not guarnteeing this to work for anyone else, but it does for me. Your mental maps also improve by experience.

Now, accessible videogames... I'm afraid I have never been a playstation/psp fan, but here are my nintendo experiences:
The Alstar Baseball Series:
Easy to memorize menus,. The pitching is very accessible; the controler rumbles when you're out of the strike zone. Batting is very dificult if you're not pitching to yourself, the only ifeedback you can really get is the anouncer saying here comes the pitch. Speaking of the anouncers, they do a great job of telling what's going on.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater Series: Again, easy menus. Doing flat tricks is very easy, fun, and accessible, but you need mental maps to know where the street obsticles and ramps are.

Super Smash Brothers Series: Menus(actually only character selection) are dificult; need massive memorization and still isn't always accurate, but the rest are straight forward. Fighting is simple; it's almost easier to fighter a higher ranked opponent so that they come to you. Using roy and marth is amazing because you can time there reflect(not sure what it's really called) attack and do tons of damage.

Hopes this helps at least someone.

2007-05-20 03:17:20

I hate to be the cynic or perhaps even a mean-hearted person by speaking this way, but I actually have several doubts as per the accuracy of that recording. Not that I doubt whoever made it is skilled - that much is obvious - but a few things make me think that the person actually doing the dungeon was sighted. Here's why:
1. Everything was done precisely the way I've heard sighted players do it...step for step, shot for shot, and not a single bit of damage taken. This alone wouldn't be quite so bad, except...
2. I on more than five occasions heard the player stop and uze the camera. It makes a soft pinging sound (a d, then an a, if it matters), usually used to see where you're about to jump or about to shoot. A blind player would have absolutely no need of this, and the timing with which these occurred suggests it was more than coincidental button pressing. Also...
3. Enemies move, and as I recall, the boss of that tree does not crawl in precisely the same pattern every time. One would have to see in order to target her with the speed the player managed. Believe me, I've tried it, I own the game.
Last but not least, the Deku Scrubs in the basement. When you free-fall through the spiderweb, then come up onto dry land, I suppose it is possible to know which beast is where, but I find the idea that a blind player got it right A) without getting hit and B) without making a mistake (i.e., reflecting a nut to the wrong target) highly unlikely. Not impossible, mind, but unlikely.
Add all these together, and it does seem to me as if someone sighted and with a fair degree of OoT experience completed this. Either that, or someone with low vision or someone who lost their sight only recently but completed this section of the game with more sight than they currently have. I just can't see it happening any other way.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2007-05-25 21:49:37 (edited by SLJ 2007-05-25 21:52:20)

Hi CJ.

There are many accessible games out there. I own:
Urban Reign (ps2.) This game is really an awesome game. You have to complete 100 missions to beat the game. You can hear where the different people are walking so you easyly can run over and hit them, you can fight together with other friends in the game, (not real friends, but I mean people in the game), you have many kombos and many ways to beat the different bad-guys and the menus is very easy to figure out. I think I'll make a review of it, when I got another headset than my USB headset.
Mortal Kombat (ps2): This is a very very good fighting-game, where you have good sounds, many carictors, many kombos, support for online gameplay and you can take a fight with your friends. It's really a awesome game.
LOTR: The return of the king (ps2): This game is also very great, but it's not totally accessible.
Tekken 5 (ps2): Just the Tekken 5 game. Personally I don't like Tekken. I think the sounds is too bad. Just like a very old game.
Lord of the ring: Tactics (psp): This game is very great. Especially because it's a RPG-game, like Battle for middleearth.
I have some more games, but I don't remember them right now.

If you have questions to some of these games, feel free to ask them here, or just add me to your MSN:
[email protected]

Yeah, I know this mail-address is strange, but just make a copy/paste into your MSN.

Best regards Soren.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen