2007-03-27 19:23:04

Incidentally Dark, you're not entirely right about not being able to pause and restart a recording. In his in depth review, Neal Ewers demonstrates how to do this.If you need to pause a recording in the middle you can apparently do so by hitting the Play bton once. Then when you're ready to unpause you can hit Play again and it should restart the recording. Granted the Power Timer might have a bearing on how long you can remain paused, but apparently you can actually do it. After listening to Neal's, Eric's, Jim's and Adelle's podcasts I'm realizing just how simple a machine the R09 is to use. I'm looking forward to owning one.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2007-03-29 16:48:40

hmmm, pressing play will certainly pause playback Brian, but as far as I know it doesn't do the same thing while your recording. I did actually ask Hagar about this as well when I bought the thing.

I'll go and listen to the reviews again though just to check.

On another note, my latest pod is available for all to here. It's about the fighting fantasy project site and gamebooks in general (I'll probably doone about Project.aon next).

You can get it on the Blind cooltech site

sorry about the miner absense, my uni network decided to crash completely so I couldn't get online or use E-mail. In usual style, the wonderful people at I.t. services sent everyone an E-mail to explain the situation ;D.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-03-29 18:45:49

Well, Neal demonstrates pausing recording with Play, at least that's what he says he's doing. I assume it works because he tells you he's going to pause the unit and then count to three and then unpause it. Needless to say you don't hear the 1, 2, 3 part, so I'm assuming it worked.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2007-03-30 09:38:23

Well, I'll certainly look into that one Brian, maybe there's a setting somewhere, or maybe I'm just being dim (entirely possible).

Again, be prepared for a slightly weerd posting schedule from me. the network went rather splirky last night, slowing down everything on my comp to an absolute crawl (unfortunately including Hal). then, I'm dashing back home for the weekend as well.

Hopefully this is a miner bug with the thing, and won't occur again, ---- if it does, it's quite possible such things as Wrath and sarcasm will happen (probably in that order).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-05-04 13:47:15

So excited...Can't wait... Yep, yesterday i placed an order on the Best Buy web site for an R09. Granted it is backordered so it'l take a couple eeks to arrive, but they estimate that I should have it in my grubby paws between the 16th and the 31st of this very month. Granted i forgot to change the shipping address to the new one i'll be moving to sometime over the next month or so, but my parents' place, which is where they'll ship it, isn't far away at all. Heck, if it comes while i'm still living there I might even wait to even open the box until I'm safely moved, just for the fun of it. And, also just for the fun of it, I might just have to pull an Eric Troop and cast a pod to celebrate the opening and unvailing. Granted the unit cost me a total of $429.98, five dollars for the tax and twenty-four for the shipping added on to the unit's $399.99, but from everything 've heard and read about it iit's ell worth the money. I'll just have to lock my credit card in my strong box after this so I don't give into temptation again. But I just can't wait I'm so excited! Mwa ha ha ha ha ha!