2007-04-15 02:16:16

I wanted to post this new topic to see how blind and visually impaired people prefer to get their books
either from an online source like bookshare.org, or on tape delivered to you by male from a library
I personally like to download them from the internet
I am a registered user of bookshare.org
which way do you guys prefer?

Connor

2007-04-15 15:35:13

yeah andy good points!
what does everybody else think?

Connor

2007-04-15 15:42:49

Hi,
I was wondering, can you get books from Bookshare books in MP3 format, so I could use them on my MP3 player? I agree, I hate the Library of Congress tapes the people who read them sound like they're bored out of their minds.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-04-15 17:48:00

mike,
I am not sure but you can find out for yourself
even if you are not a registered member, you can still download some books
so click on a link of one book that you can download and it will display a bunch of ways that you can download the book such as brf braille digital format or daisie digital book reader or something
hope that helped you out

Connor

2007-04-18 18:25:06

is bookshare.org free?
thanks.

2007-05-31 15:17:06

well i am not from the u.s. but bookshare sounds good though.

2007-06-01 02:34:22

One word - daisy tongue

And as another non-us person sadly bookshare would be very limited in what I could get my hands on. I know here in the UK though the RNIB has a good choice of daisy books, and for the rest I have to either try and find a commercially available audio book or scan them.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-06-02 01:44:25 (edited by cx2 2007-06-02 01:45:54)

I know about daisy thankyou. Daisy being possibly text is nothing to do with the issue, the issue is one of copyrights. I believe there is a special membership
type for non-US residents, but it is limited to things out of copyright or where bookshare has a special agreement. My referring to daisy was simply in
answer to the question over CDs or MP3.

And don't take the tongue seriously, it is just a way of saying I'm being silly. Good grief.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.