2007-04-07 22:40:55

Yes Timberwolf, I own a Gamecube. All the Mk games, Deadly alliance, Deception and Shaolin monks had Gamecube releases, though due to the slightly more irritating story mode in deception I haven't personally bought the game. Soul calibur 2 was also released for the Gamecube, though (to my everlasting annoyence), Soul calibur 3 wasn't.

The main reason I bought the Gamecube in the first place though, was for the Gba player, so that I could play any gameboy, gameboy colour or Gameboy advanced game on it (I have a fairly extensive Gba collection).

also, as a retro freak, I deffinately enjoy the various retro collections out for the gamecube as well.

shin goenitz, that's quite a beat em up collection you have there. But not to be outdone, here's all the 1 on 1 beat em ups I own.

Streetfighter Alpha 1 Ps1 (my brother and dad both own Ps1 consoles).
Sf alpha upper Gba.
Sf 2 Turbo Snes.
Sf 2 Turbo Mega drive.
Sf 2 Super the new challengers Snes.

Mk1 Snes.
Mk2 Snes.
Mk2 Mega drive.
Mk3 Snes.
MkDeadly alliance Gc.

Soul blade Ps1.
soul Calibur 2 Gc.
Dark Stalkers Ps1.
Fatal Fury 1 Mega drive.
Iternal Champions Mega drive.
Primal rage Snes.
Ballz Mega drive.
Virtual Fighter 2 Mega drive.
virtual Fighter 2 Ps1.
Dragon Mega drive.
Weapon lord Snes.
Samurai Showdown Mega drive.
Killer instinct Snes.

I also own a good many side scrolling beat em ups like Streets of rage as wel, but I won't list them here. I've also recently acquired a copy of Mame, but owing to my general awfullness at playing beat em ups on keyboards, haven't yet emulated many of them.

As I said, a Ps2 is probably going to be my next console, principley for Soul Calibur 3 and the like.

While I've played quite a few of the Tekken games (my brother is a big fan), I just personally don't like the hole atmosphere and mechanics of the game series, and the plot doesn't interest me too much, so I've never really bought many of them. I would however be interested in getting hold of the dead or alive games, sinse I've played them in arcades and their cool!

Now, I'd better finish this slightly boastful post before my head explodes.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-04-08 02:35:41

Shaolin monks wasn't released for the GC. The only mk games for the gc are MKDA, aka deadly alliance and deception.

Discord: clemchowder633

2007-04-08 02:51:24

Ooopse! i've just checked Gamefaqs and your right there Assault freak, sorry about that miner bodge there.

Okay, just the main Mk games on the Gc then.

As I said though, I like the Gc principley because I'm a retro fan and for the Gba playing abilities.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-04-08 12:40:15

I remember Che martin said something about developing a game called kick boxer, which was an audio beat em up using the mouse which certainly sounded interesting, though not precisely the same as something like Mk. But with all the Rale racer delays, I don't think we'll be getting any news of that one for a fair while, and it was only a general comment from che in an E-mail about rale racer, so it's quite possible he might change his plans.

2007-04-08 23:34:33

If anyone here has played Tekken 3 or 4... you know what would be the coolest mode in an mk game, something similar for the tekken force mode. In short, it's a mode where you traverse through a level, knocking out enemies as they come. Sort of like The Bouncer, in a sense. It would be nothing short of awesome. Tekken force is a fun mode to play, and I could see how MK would have that. Choose one character, and battle off waves of other mk characters. For example, if I chose scorpion, the first wave would be something like sub-0, Chameleon, Kitana, Milena and jade. After I fought those characters, more would come, and so on. That would be a good mode to have, because it would similar multiplayer battles, which hasn't been seen in an mk game yet. A side-scrolling beat em up for the blind is a good idea, but a 3d one wouldn't be bad either.

Discord: clemchowder633

2007-04-09 03:35:44

Well, the closest thing I know to that type of thing in an Mk game was the secret tournament mode in Mk3 for the snes, where each player picked four characters and you fought a continuous match, with new characters jumping in when the old one was defeated endurence style.

Stil I agree, a multi-opponent fight would be great! it's about the only good thing in Dragon for the Mega drive.

I do enjoy side scrolling beat em ups, and have a fair few, ----- and have also played tekken force as well sinse my brother owns all the Tekken games.

As I said, I do have a fairly clear scheme for an audio version of Golden axe, which I can hopefully do to some extent with audio Game maker, though I'm not yet certain of how quite a few details of such a game could be realized in Agm.

2007-04-09 04:16:58

Hi-

What games do you own for the gameboy color and advance? And what is the periphrel to be able to do this?

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2007-04-09 04:55:53

It's the gameboy player, which works very well indeed.

I've got a fairly large Gba collection, including several nes classics series games, but not quite as many original Gb or Gbc games, ---- mostly due to lack of availability. and it's also worth noting that a lot of old Mega drive games have been converted across to the Gba, including Streets of rage and Golden axe.

two other gba games I own that would seem to be very relevant to this discussion are Final fight 1, a near perfect arcade conversion of the first Final fight game, and Double dragon advanced, a highly updated remake of the original game with extra stages and loads of new attaccks and combos.

2007-04-09 20:35:28

Hi.
That was a good idea, Assault_Freak. Another cool thing is that ifyou had chosen "Scorpion, you've first battled a lot of Lin Kuei ninjas, and Sub-Zero as the boss on the first stage, foreksample. Or if you chose Sub-Zero, you would battle a lot of Shirai Ryu ninjas, and face Scorpion as the boss.
Or if you chose Kitana or Bo Rai Cho, you would battle the tarkata hordes, and face Baraka as the boss.

V

2007-04-10 00:28:45

Hi dark empathy,

I'm guessing that your blind? (I'm totally blind)- so I'm guessing these games are accessible? I'll have to pick up streets of rage, I absolutely loved it.

2007-04-11 00:07:27

Are those all the accessible games for gc?

2007-04-11 15:30:13 (edited by Shin_Goenitz 2007-04-11 15:31:08)

Of course not. I know some of the Street Fighter games are for the GBA, and some Dragon Ball games, don't know how accessible the DB games are though. Tekken Advance, Mortal Kombat Advance, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Mortal Kombat, Tournament Edition. That's all for now.

V

2007-04-11 17:16:05

To answer your question Timberwolf, I am registered blind, use a white stick and read braille, however I do have a small (and I do mean small),amount of vision which i use in my non-audio gaming.

so, though I employ several techniques like menue and object memorization, and make fairly extensive use of game audio, a part of what I do gaming wise is visual, so I'm probably not the best person to give advice on audio only accessible games. Though I'd be very happy to discuss intensively low vision gaming with anyone (I'm having a fairly major discussion of the subject at the moment on the game accessibility forum).

As I said though, there are several streets of rage esque games for the Gba (or in my case the Gba player), so if something like Sor or Tekken force is audio accessible, i'd deffinately assume that something like Final fight would be as wel, ----- and possibley double dragon (though you might have to make use of a Faq in that one sinse the game does feature a fair amount of pits).

In the hole Walk along beat em up genre as well though, I can deffinately recommend getting a copy of mame (probably mame 32), and some roms, sinse these sorts of games were extremely popular in the early 90's, ----- I was having great fun yesterday playing the original Ninja turtles and simpsons walk along beat em up arcade games.

Btw, there was some talk in this thread a while ago about an Mk side scroller. Well, apparently the Ps1 game Mk mythologies subzero was, ----- though I believe it featured a fair few Rpg type elements that would probably make it inaccessible all round.

2007-04-11 18:31:18

The combat in MK Mythologies: Subzero is do-able, but the level traversing isn't. My brother, who was 14 at the time he tried it, couldn't get past stage 2, with moving platforms, ninjas and wind that could blow you off if you got too close to the edge. No...definitely not accessible.

Dark: I was kind of wondering how you managed some of the games you mentioned, since I figured they were inaccessible.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2007-04-12 00:42:00

I played that for the nintendo 64. Wasn't accessible...:P

Anyway, I'll pick a gameboy player up- any other game cube games I should take note of?

2007-04-12 16:41:53

Another good suggestion is the Sony PSP. It has many accessible games on it. Tekken: Dark ressurection, Mortal Kombat: Unchained and lots more. But the Gameboy Advance is very good too!

V

2007-04-13 00:23:18

Hmmm, how much does the psp cost?

2007-04-13 15:20:22

Don't know in dollars, since I'm Norwegian.

V

2007-04-13 23:44:07

Hi

How about the ds? Does it have any accessible games, more, perhaps, than the psp? What's worth buying?

2007-04-15 02:38:51

Does anyone know some other accessible games for the psp, or gamecube?
I'm really looking into iether the psp or ds, and would really like oppinions from accessible games prospective.

thanks

2007-04-15 19:39:46

Definitly go for PSP! I don't know any games who are accessible for the DS. I know some more games for the PSP who are accessible. Dark Stalkers: The Chaos tower, and Guilty Gear Judgement, if it's released. I think so.

V

2007-04-15 23:54:41

Ah,sounds neat. Btw, When I went to the rental store, they told me they didn't have super smash brose: melee for the gamecube, nor did they have any of the mortal kombat games, so I opted for soul kalebar. As of now, I don't have any sited help- so, what are the menus like? Thanks.

2007-04-16 16:17:12

If I remember it right the first option is Original mode. One arrow down, and you will find extra mode. One more, you will find Weaponmaster. One more is actually Museum, but you need to unlock it furst, so it's Options if you just have bought the game.
If you pres A on original, you will get Arcade, VS, Survival, Team Battle, VS Team Battle, etc. The same with Extra mode, but you need to unlock most of the modes in there. I think you only start with Extra Team Batttle. Weaponmaster is a bit different. You will need sighted help with the first part, since you have to create a profile. And you must write your name and such. Options, you will need help at first. But if you're like me, you can learn all the Option-menus without sighted help, just a bit of training. LOL.

V