2012-09-17 19:40:07

Way of the Sax is an interactive graphic novel in a 3-part action series. In addition to a great story about a traveling martial artist/jazz saxophonist, this unprecedented endeavor will include smooth fade in/out screen transitions, items to be clicked on and "collected" for an achievement system, a save option, music tailored for each panel, pseudo animation, minigames, extra scenes, and multiple endings.

To show your support and earn some great rewards, visit the Kickstarter page. Our goal is $500, but if we don't reach that goal by Oct 22, we don't get anything that has been pledged so far. There are several pledge levels, and every pledge counts, even if it's only the minimum of $1.

Thanks.

Story

Ken Suto is a half-Japanese, half-American martial artist/jazz saxophonist with a jaded past. Everywhere Ken goes, he gets into a fight...with his saxophone. Whether he is jamming the sax into someone's gut or throwing it across the room at someone's face, Ken is sure to do unforeseen damage every time. As Ken's past catches up with him, he is thrown into a world of corporate secrets and government corruption. What's Ken gonna' do?

Staff

Philip Bradbury - writer, music composer, programmer

Dave Gardiner - artist

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/151 … phic-novel

2012-09-17 20:40:50

Well, since it's audio games related forum, this will be accessible for the blind players?
If you posted it here, i can guess it is, but want to ask that question.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2012-09-17 21:40:07

Hi.
I'm interested to hear more about the games accessibility as well.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-09-18 15:18:29

Guys, this is just a spambot, and I know it!

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-09-18 23:07:15

Hi all.
Hmmm its unlikely this is a spambot.
Firstly why would they use a kickstarter link.
and actually since I was sure it was a kickstarter link, I went to it.
and it exists, the people are real.
Though its possible a spambot is posting the info  then again it could be a new user posting.
they need 500 bucks to fund the project.
it doesn't mention audio though.
if you click the link the guy on there does have contact info though.
Its always possible he had a reason or something.
And a lot of net ids look like spambots but may not be.
Its also possible the user doesn't check often.
I am willing to give this user  the benifit of the doubt right now since the project does exist, though weather the user is the author is debatable.

2012-09-19 09:27:03

Wow! If the kick starter project is fake too, damn people who have donated would be pissed off! smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2012-09-19 10:33:42

For some reason I never trust people with less than 5 posts... big_smile At least not if they're linking to anything....

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-09-19 11:24:26

not all people are spams.

these are some developers who search google for "game forum" and then register and paste their game describtions.

they don't know what's an audio game so they think that this is also a video game forum, so they just interduce their game.

some people like hawg, post the topic, and also subscribe so that they reply to the topics.
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=8067

some people like this, (maybe) just post at the forums and let it go.

i wouldn't call this "spam", or "spambot"

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2012-09-19 13:47:18

Yeah, I think you have a good point there.

Best regards SLJ.

2012-09-20 02:17:47

Greetings all.

I did wright to the people and got an Email back from them. Unfortunately a copy of my message isn't saved but I did ask about accessibility issues in the project. I post the reply below.

Beginning of message.

Kickstarter ([email protected])
Sent:
18 September 2012 21:06:38 
To:
[email protected]

Philip Bradbury says:
These are some very good questions. The project is still in the early development stage. Each panel has to be placed in the software and programmed individually.
The current focus is to complete a working demo that comprises the first of many chapters. As such, there are no immediate plans for accessibility features.
Once the project reaches completion, there is always the option to implement additional features.

Sound is a very important part of Way of the Sax, although right now, dialog will be in the form of standard comic book text (i.e. in word balloons and
captions boxes) that will appear onscreen. Spoken dialogue via voice acting has always been part of the plan; however, the first release version will be
text only. Actors will be paid using funds made from the initial release to ensure that the voice acting is of the highest possible quality. There are
also plans to make a release that is not dependent on user input (like a play-only mode).

I hope I've answered your questions.

End of message.

My appologies for not saving my message as well but the sender didn't save a copy either. Hope this answers some questions regarding accessibility.
Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

2012-09-21 18:36:08 (edited by Giovani 2012-09-21 18:37:25)

I must agree with Hadi's opinions. Some developers try upload theyr games to some forum, but doesn't read everything about this forum and them? Game, which isn't accessible. I think, that this topic will be removed.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2012-10-14 21:47:23

Just checking the new releases room now and saw this one (I've been busy with my thesis so not able to play stuff recently).

this could! be accessible, however it depends upon how game input works, and I'm disturbed by the fact that they haven't bothered to come back on this forum and  answer questions.

if it's just going to be a bunch of graphic icons that play sound, ---- well no go. If on the other hand the controls will be text, the story will be text with sound then it could be good. 

I would advise however that nobody contribute any money to such a project with doubtfull access. if it comes out and is accessible, or could be made so, fair enough, but why should we pay for the  developement of a game when "access features won't be in the initial release?"

I also as I said am very bothered by the fact the  dev hasn't come back and answered us directly, ---- not great commitment to accessible games.

As to this forum though, also bare in mind that we do! discuss many text games and text rpgs, so if they looked for places discussing those it's quite possible they found the forum, ---- they just obviously didn't write the front or really considder what it is for or why! we discuss textual games here instead of all running off to play final fantasy, skyrim etc :d.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-10-15 11:06:23

Hi,
At least someone did actually get a reply back, although again, initial relaese not accesssible, hmm. Then again, look at kind of dragon pass. If they made an iPhone version, who knows, anything could happen.