2007-04-08 00:37:53 (edited by dark empathy 2007-04-08 00:41:42)

Well, I think everyone knows the value of reading these sorts of things, particularly for fast action sequences. So, I thought perhaps a topic to swap assorted links might be fun.

Firstly, you can usually find synopses of most things on good old wikipedia though due to Wikipedia's focus, they often tend to be a good deal shorter and less detailed than I'd like. It is however great for other background info on various series of course, and locating synopses for background things that wouldn't otherwise be accessible such as commics, graphic novels or unavailable books.

I'm not sure if there are any Avatar fans here, but I recently found a fantastic Avatar fansite which contains highly detailed and most readable scripts for all the episodes, ----- and even random stuff like shorts produced on Nickalodian's website. So, for anyone who's an Ang fan, go to the Avatar spirit site

Oh, and no series three spoilers in this thread please (remember, I'm in the Uk, and have only just seen the end of Series 2).

Then, while it's not actually the scripts of the episodes, the Dusk till dawn site has incredibly detailed synopses for all firefly episodes, though annoyingly last time I checked they diddn't have the serenity film or commic, so I had to get those from the Firefly Wikipedia section.

I believe the dusk till dawn site though does also have buffy and angel related stuff, but as I'm not personally into those series I haven't checked them out.

then, for any Dr. who fans, there is the absolutely monstrous Dr. who encyclopedia, which has some of the best synopses I've seen. It's also incredibly comprihensive, with anything and everything you ever would want to know about the time Lord's adventures, from 1963 right up to the torchwood miniseries and the most recent episode synopses (I was well impressed to get back to uni on Wednesday to find that last Saturday's episode had already got the synopses treatment).

well those are my recommendations. I've come across a couple of sites for things like Babylon 5 and Star trek, which provide very skimpy inadequate synopses (though are quite good for cross-series connections), so any advice there would be good.

I'm also on the hunt for very detailed film info, especially for things like the alien films which are heavy on the action, so detailed scripts or well written synopses would be highly handy there. I absolutely! hate! scripts that give no action clues at all, they drive me ballistic!

Well there are some of my recommendations and requests, any thoughts?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)