2012-07-09 18:50:52

My swamp mod ate up my traffic quickly, so my dropbox is temporarily disabled.
What alternate hosting would people suggest?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-07-21 06:16:39

Hey cae it's downloading now. It'll probably be easier to play in this version. I'll probably be able to play the JFIMA now, without the java version crashing.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-07-21 14:08:01

I think it's still pretty confusing, but it should be much better now.
And there are a couple sidequests and a hidden boss, so there's that.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-07-21 14:12:57

on the J fima when i get to the garage how and where is the ladder to the roof? and how do I climb?

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2012-07-21 15:42:44

There are three floors to the garage, and there is a maintenance door on the top floor that leads to the roof. You should walk to the ladder as soon as you go through the door. You just jump to climb up, and hold crouch to climb down. (In this case, climbing down might cause you to fall into the parking lot, so probably shouldn't do that).

This thread getting posts made me to try to play the JFIMA again, and I ran into two pretty annoying bugs close to the end of the game. One of them isn't that important (I can't explain it without spoilers, but I eventually found a way to fix it in-game).
The other caused the game to crash when I beat the final boss, which definitely should not be happening! Judging by the message I got, this is probably because I was playing from a save file, and a null pointer happened because maps from before that point hadn't been properly loaded. Since the map constantly expands as you advance in the game, there's a good chance that if the game crashes, it will be because a map got mixed up somewhere. I'll try to patch it quickly (I'm sure there are some other bugfixes I never got around to uploading, so this gives me an excuse to deal with those as well).

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-07-21 15:58:50

Ok, I've updated the program in the main download, but if you already have it, you'll only need this patch:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16520690/jfpatch.zip
I actually only applied a quick fix to the map problems. The crash I got today was in linking maps, so I updated all of those functions to catch any errors there. If there are still places where I didn't catch null maps in the game itself, though, there could still be problems. Odds are that you won't notice any such problems unless you load a game that is pretty far along (or figure out the level skip code, hehehe... which was there for testing purposes, so it isn't all that clean about updating maps.)

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-07-21 16:46:02

which ramp is it? up or down?

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2012-07-21 22:19:15

HI.
maybe making a kind of walkthrough of jfmi i think its called would be a good idea since i like the game and others to but its quite hard to start out if you don't no what your doing.

I'm gone for real :)

2012-07-22 01:09:03

The up ramp. The down ramp leads to the basement.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-07-24 01:35:52

HI.
when i try to save jfmi it dsays saved but doesn't seem to save. i fall off the roof and then wanted to get back on it to see  if i've missed anything and click on save and it says all  your charitures are dead!responing then i get the menu. and when i click start game it just starts over again.
this is a fun game once you get used to it.

2012-07-24 02:49:26

Saving doesn't save your exact position, just what events you've completed, your stats, and your items. So loading will start you at the respawn point for whichever section you're on.

I've found lots of things to improve with the extra ending sequence, but that really doesn't warrant an update on its own. I guess there is a bug with loading that I should fix (though I doubt anyone who discovers it would do much complaining. tongue ).

Most of the boss fights require something special to complete, and some of those probably aren't as obvious as they should be (Particularly the first one...)

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-07-24 04:16:51

ah, I can never get the hang of fighting in JFIMA, haha

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2012-07-24 06:07:33

I'm not falling asleep like I meant to and my room is haunted by mosquitoes, so I might try to get virtual audio cable running and see if I can do anything useful with it.
That, or record some kinda playthrough, but words would be more helpful, I'm sure.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-07-25 23:08:29

Hi.
hmm i think i might have find a bos fight.
spoiler alert:
clock tower?
see weed?
yeah er what do you do with that boss guy?
end of spoiler. although i don't get why you would rite end when the ones who want to compleate the game would not read the spoilers?
oh well.
and kei, why can't i use my aros and numb pad for both my chars. say one dies then the other is alive i have to use the s a w z controls and they don't really work that well with me.
hmm i think you some hell freeze the guy with see weed but then what?

2012-07-26 01:19:38

You don't need to switch controls to switch characters; hold the inventory/party button, press left or right, and then crouch, and you should switch characters.

As for that boss...

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
The trick is for the seaweed to hit the tower while it has him stunned. Which unfortunately turned out harder than I hoped it would.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-07-26 18:01:55

Hi.
er... how?
i mean how do you do it?

2012-07-26 18:44:14

The seaweed will only hit the tower at the end of the attack, so you need to be a few steps away from it. Which means that Wave needs to be between you and the tower when you hit him with it.
Wave doesn't like to make that easy, so I usually stun him with seaweed first, and use the opportunity to get into position.
He does have to be weakened a bit first, but not by much. If you have both characters there, but the AI isn't helping, it probably means he's weak enough.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-07-26 20:16:14

Hi,
damn that's hard.
wow can't get near the tower. or i can't senter it in my headphones.
hmm any tips?
apart from what you have given me  already?

2012-07-26 20:32:46

I think the tower is around (7, 5), and the hit area of the seaweed is about three tiles wide, so I'd just try to get close to the edge of the map on either the column or row and try from there. (I usually do it from the south (like y =9 or so) or west (x=1 or so).

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-07-27 01:17:50

Hi.
done.
now what do  i do?
i no it says that wave says this stuff.
but as far as i no i've find a bank and a cloving store.
and hmm to intereact with them you use 2 as far as  i know.
but what do you do next?
thanks.

2012-07-27 04:00:45

Did you try going inside the student union (by where you got the seaweed)? You can talk to someone in there if you follow the noise.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-07-27 04:29:34

Hi.
hmm ok i died after ddoing what you said,
does this mean i have to do it again ( i didn't save)
also man a handy becon thing might be nice smile i can't remember where the thing that i nead to find is.
maybe a becon thing might be nice.

2012-07-27 14:52:06

Dying doesn't undo your progress; even losing everyone and respawning just puts you back at the current spawn point.
Hm, I never thought about beacons for locations, actually... not a bad idea!

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-07-29 20:00:35

hi, I don't know how to get through the portal. I've tryed everything, crouch, jump and start, jump, al 2 attacks, nothing seems to work. and I'm shure because when I jump on to the central sound it plays a kind of strange sound.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2012-07-29 21:34:44

The portal in DBGU? You should get a portal key item that you can use to activate it. I'll have to check to be sure there aren't glitches with that, since it seems to be a source of issues.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.