2012-05-22 14:32:52

Well, it just seems to be the easiest to read, to me.

Let's take an example:
With the GMA games, I always! turn block graphic display on. I always do. This way I can get a quick overview on how big a room is, for example, and much more.
I wouldn't play them without ... Shame though that Tank Commander doesn't do that. big_smile

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-05-22 15:06:26

There are no graphics in the game, only behind the scenes smile and they are horrible tongue

by the way for Mac I was recommended to upload as a zip file, and there is no password on this one http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11182094/Radwin … %20MAC.zip

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

2012-05-22 15:20:25

Hi,

I figured as much, to be truly honest.
But again, I only looked at the main menu closely and that didn't have anything. So I just assumed the rest of the game didn't either.

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-05-22 16:47:36

hi, so, the good project was died, like extant!
sad
why the beautiful project was died?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2012-05-22 17:51:48

Hi,
The project doesn't seem dead quite yet. they said there is no garentee, not that it's definitely! dead, so that means that there could be a possibility of a continuation.
I'd gladly pay for this if it was long enough -- at least two hours.

2012-05-22 18:46:31

Hi everyone, as we said it is not definitive dead, and let me just say that all you guys and your fascination of the game is definetly a motivational factor to continue the development, but at least for a little while we have to worry about the exams that we are facing, where we have do defend this project + a couple of other exams. smile

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

2012-05-23 00:03:39

well I would hate to have this thing die in its current form.
except for the now old and free teraformas we have very  few hybrid games.
Hybrids are the way foreward so that both blind and sighted can play them and that would really rock if we ever got more of those.
Saying that if you guys can't complete the game just upload the story, instructions and sounds and someone will do it.
Ofcause it will be just a standard bgt blind game with maybe direct sound or something and will be crap compaired to the new tech you have included but we would be able to play it.
From  using this game the unity engine has some potentual as a good 3d development platform even though I have standard stereo I really got into the game.
My stratogy has to be dodging the rapters, which is rather hard as you need to listen to voices and other things to do that.
one thing that is a bit unrealistic is that they don't attack unless you bump them.
In jurasic park as I remember they would randomly attack at times.
not saying move this crap round and do randomised events as the stealth is a challenge in itself.
One thing I'd probably do though is not have arieas wrapping so if you walk away from the water you can stay away from it.
Other than drowning there is no actual use  for the water so why even keep it in.
simply a barrior would do.
Yes I know that this is a bit blindy and having an open ended world has its merits but even so  unless its got a purpose then hmmm.

2012-05-23 08:56:13

Hi.
Sorry I thought there was graphic in the game. when I set the graphics to full, the fan in my computer goes crazy! smile For that reason I thought there was full graphic in the game.
I'll try the new Mac version later on and tell you if it works for me or not.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-05-23 09:05:32

I think that when you put the graphics settings on max, it still computes thos graphics even though you can not see them, but not sure.

@crashmaster the game could definetly use improvements to the AI mechanisms and other stuff, this release is just how far it has gone in development, because we had a deadline. There is always room for tweaking and stuff like that smile

2012-05-23 09:23:37

For how long have you been working on this project? It's nice done... big_smile By project I mean the programming of the game itself, not the brainstorming before it...

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-05-23 12:34:05

AlexN94 wrote:

For how long have you been working on this project? It's nice done... big_smile By project I mean the programming of the game itself, not the brainstorming before it...

We roughly have used around 1½ month or something smile

2012-05-23 16:37:05

Hi,
Wow. I also have a question: what music did you use? is it custom-made?

2012-05-23 23:05:53

aaron wrote:

Hi,
Wow. I also have a question: what music did you use? is it custom-made?

I'm afraid it isn't. None of us are particularly musically inclined. Most of the music is gathered from existing online sound databases.

2012-05-24 10:24:11 (edited by TalonTheDragon 2012-05-24 10:24:58)

I encourage everyone to try it, it's a nice game!

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-05-24 19:01:12

Hi.
smile, i would, but, it doesn't work for me. hahaa. it is a fuge shame because i would like to try it.

I'm gone for real :)

2012-05-24 22:44:48

@brad, by looking upon your log you posted, it seems like your system is too old. I do not actually know what the specifications of your computer is, nor how much is needed for the game. Hope you can get to try it out somehow smile

2012-05-25 13:23:12

Hi,
I just hope this can get further developed. I'd happily even pay for this.

2012-05-26 14:57:25

Hi,

Sorry, but ... Where is this control app?

I was searching on the app store, but I found millions of control apps, none of which seemed to do what has been asked.
Maybe some more information is necessary. What company is the app by? And is it's true name Control app?

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-05-27 10:50:49

Hi, I'm one of the developers as well...
I just made a quick search through the app store and found out that the control app is actually called "Control (OSC + MIDI)". That might help you find the right one smile

I'm one of the developers on Radwin Island. I'm fully sighted and here to make games!

2012-05-28 08:39:53

Its nice to see so many people have been trying our game. Have any of you managed to install the Control app and try out the headtracking Ipod function?

2012-05-28 18:17:55

Hi,
I haven't tried it yet. But I just love playing with the mouse. Now what I'd love to see is soem sort of sword fighting game using, well, that very mouse.

2012-05-30 14:40:28 (edited by FreakingPingo 2012-05-30 14:48:04)

aaron wrote:

Hi,
I haven't tried it yet. But I just love playing with the mouse. Now what I'd love to see is soem sort of sword fighting game using, well, that very mouse.

Well the technique we use should make all sort and types of weapons available in such a first person game

2012-05-30 15:07:02

Hi,

I'll get the Control app and try it out. This should be fun!

How much lag is there when turning your head? Just asking. big_smile I probablz won't have a chance to truly try it til wednesday of next week .. as I'll not be home until then. sad

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2012-05-30 20:05:13

GhorthalonTheDragon wrote:

Hi,

I'll get the Control app and try it out. This should be fun!

How much lag is there when turning your head? Just asking. big_smile I probablz won't have a chance to truly try it til wednesday of next week .. as I'll not be home until then. sad

There shouldn't be any lag, and it should be running smoothly smile Pleas report back when you have tried it out, we are eager to hear feedback on that part.  smile