2007-02-06 21:12:47

Hi everyone. Its sure been a while since I've said anything, hasn't it?
In truth, I just remembered that I was a member of this forum about a month ago, life's been so busy!
Anyway, I was listening to a few Lone Wolf mission recordings a while ago, and it suddenly came to me, upon listening to the sounds, that I haven't contributed to that field in quite a while.
So, I think it's time to present a few audio offerings that might make your gaming experience more enjoyable.
Of course, if I had my way, I would love to contribute a Technoshock sound pack, but since we're not allowed to, then that isn't possible. But as it is, I have four other things; another TH mod, a Shades of Doom mod, a Lone Wolf mod, and a STFC mod that I would really love to share.
Now, I really don't know how well that would work out; I'm still not very comfortable with Yousendit. If anyone has any ideas of a faster way of transfer, please tell me.
Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to do it the long way.
Well, that's all from me, I guess.
Regards, Albano.

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2007-02-06 22:25:57

A SOD mod? But SOD, Tank Commander, etc. use the .gma format. I know from experience that .gma is just .wav with a funky header, but is there a way to decode them *properly* so you don't get a pop/click at the beginning/ending of the files?

2007-02-07 00:54:31

The pops are only there when you play the file with a sound editter. The decoding is not exact. But it doesn't effect modding at all.
Basically what I did was, I lowered the volume of the original file to silence and mixed a new sound with exactly the same length onto the original.
You would get an error if you either replaced the original outrightly or put in something longer.

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2007-02-07 01:17:45

I've often thought, that given the lone wolf mission creator, it's a shame you can't modify the names of things in the program sas well as the sounds, because then you could create an alternative game using in effect the Lone wolf engine.

Eg: a star trek game, with decloaking instead of surfacing (you'd have to be the defiant), Quantum torpedsos, various sorts of sensors instead of sonar etc, that would be cool!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-02-07 02:32:23

That is essentially what the Lone Wolf mod is, a sub equipped with Trek weaponry, engines, and security systems, meaning alarms. Also, if you get Game Commander, which is a voice command interface for those that don't know about it, you can further enhance the Trek feeling by telling the computer, for example, evasive Maneuvers and listening to the sounds start jumping eratically around the stereo field.
But, that is something separate. Anyway, I'll start sending in the files with Yousendit as soon as I can, which would probably be the weekend.
Regards, Albano.

2007-02-07 03:01:28

where you sending it?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2007-02-07 12:09:19

Hi, can you tell me how to get the sod sounds? i've been after them for ages but i got nowhre.
i'm not going to distribute them, just use them for mods and things i make on my computer. Howabout shades of doom desktop themes?
can you send them to me using yousendit?
just use my e-mail link
thx

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2007-02-08 00:31:58

I would like all the sounds too please?

2007-02-08 04:02:26

The SOD sounds are the numbered GSF files. If you're using Gold Wave and you try to open them, you'll get a file format selecter. The specifications are PCM Signed 16 bit, little Endian, mono, 22050 HZ. Try to open them before I send them out to anyone.
And by the way, I just realized that I'm still using Shades version 1.1, since I don't have a full version of the new one, so I don't know how effective my mod would be for that game.

2007-02-08 12:27:59 (edited by archer 2007-02-08 13:31:40)

hi, can you send me sod 1.1 please? to be honest, i prefer that to sod 1.2.
p.s where can i get gold wave?
thx

2007-02-08 17:23:23

yes me too for gold wave
how do I get v6.05 or what ever it is now?

2007-02-08 18:25:29

Hello Peoples! I wait of the Audiogamemaker. When is tis Programm unawailable for Download? Regards, Claudio.

2007-02-08 18:31:03

sorry dude, wrong topic i'm afraid,
and according to all recent accounts it has been put back slightly because of fires in the bilding where it was being developed.

2007-02-08 21:15:05 (edited by archer 2007-02-08 21:17:35)

Hi!
I've just discovered that you can do the same thing with audacity.
just go into project, import raw data, and do exactly the same thing as locutus said and it plays them perfecly.
then it's just a case of going into file and export as wav and that's it.
thx for the info locutus
best reg

2007-02-09 13:40:26

it seems to me as if it sometimes plays at weird pitches. also, you can open the sounds for pinball xtreme with those, just go to tables, and open for example old man stanley's house, omsh.pbx, or i dunno what file extension they have.

2007-02-10 03:47:05

Hmm, you mnentioned a voice command program "game commander"? How accessible is it, and how much does it cost? I might look into this.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-02-10 08:54:12

wait how do you instal a gma game soundpack?

2007-02-13 02:28:36

Hey people. I'm sorry for the delay of the mods, this English research paper I'm working on is scrambling my brains. Finally I'll be done with it tomorrow, though.
From then on, I expect the rest of the week to be pretty mellow, but if not, then surely you can wait until next week? I'll be having the whole of next week off and will be having little else to do anyway.
Now, for the last couple of questions. Most immediately, Game Commander is, as far as accessibility goes, pretty user-friendly. There are times when you have to use the Jaws cursor to get to places, and navigating to the ok button from the key descriptions can be quite frustrating, but all in all, yes, it is accessible.
As for cost, I really don't know. I, er, got mine as a torrent, so I really don't know. As for effectiveness, it is brilliant; no voice training required at all.
Well, if you want to try it out, try Googling it up, I kinda forgot the web address.
Now, for those that want SOD 1.1, I would give it to you, but I don't know how; I don't think I can upload it to the mods section. Perhaps via Skype? My Skype name is albanoboy, just send me an email before you try to add me, because I wouldn't know who you are.
Lastly, I will bundle Readme files for every mod I upload, so the instructions for how to install them will be available.
Well, so much for what I intended to be a short message!
Regards, Albano.

2007-02-13 07:55:40

Thanks, I'll have a look some time.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-02-25 20:11:24

where are the mods?