2006-07-17 16:14:04 (edited by Shin_Goenitz 2007-01-12 18:13:41)

Hello! My name is Jonas. AKA Shin_goenitz on this forum. I'm 14, and I am from Norway. I have been blind since my birth. I like to listen to Black Metal such as Dimmu Borgir, Satyricon, Emperor, Cradle Of Filth, Windir, finntroll, dark funeral, Dissection and much more... I like Audiogames as well as fighting games. Such as Tekken, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, street Fighter, King Of Fighters, and more... My favorit audiogames is Troopanum 2, Hunter, Super Liam, Treasure hunt,  and Pigeon Panic. The first audiogame I played was Dark  Destroyer. I'm also a fan of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z,  and Dragon Ball GT
And, I'm also registered   as Omega_Shenron on the  Gamefaqs site.

V

Thumbs up

2006-09-11 18:54:33

Hey!
Hows everyone doing? My names Amanda and in 21 years old and ive just graduated from Brunel University studying Creative Music and Technology.
  I plan to become a sound designer in the games industry I just found this website and its awesome! I have yet to try out the games, but just incase theres anyone here whos into creating games and happens to get stuck on the sound, feel free to email me big_smile
xx

2006-10-17 06:47:50

Hi

I am a final year Bsc Computer Games Student, researching into Audio Games.

I am looking for any blind and sighted people who are interested audio games, as well as audio game developers to participate in a short survey.

I am currently developing a new survival horror audio game, let me know if you want to beta test it for me.

The survey can be completed at:

www.student.ljmu.ac.uk/cmpmfran

Thanks smile

Thumbs up

2006-10-18 20:34:25

it's still nice this site's getting new members every now and then.

Thumbs up

2006-10-19 00:48:03

Mark, I'll test for you. I love survival horror. [email protected]

Discord: clemchowder633

Thumbs up

2006-10-19 17:01:16

i'll test for you as well, or try to at least.
[email protected]

Thumbs up

2006-12-09 10:39:16

Hi guys,
I'm mojtaba khademi from Iran, Esfahan.
Some of you special old members may know me.
I love to play any audio game, specially fighting games.
I was inactive for a long time, and the reason was my connection. It was dialup and now I'm wireless 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Hope I get back to my normal activities soon!

2007-01-11 09:33:44

Um well. I just saw this topic and figured I should post something as well... Urm. What to say about myself?
Well. I'm Parham Doostdar, from Iran (like Mojtaba) and Tehran (as you can see in my profile). I've just got TTC (teacher training course) degree for becoming an English teacher no matter how bad my English is. Lol. I had been a programmer of Lighttech Interactive, but because of connection problems and things, I had to be inactive for a while. At last I got tired and decided to program interactive fiction that would have it's own players worldwide. Still looking for enough beta testers but anyway. big_smile.
I began to play Piano since I was 3 and have got a few prises like The Best Handycapped Piano Player in 2002, The Best Blind Computer Programmer in 2005 and such. My interactive fiction which is under development is expected to be among the ten best ones (at least) in a few contests.
Well, that's enough of complimenting on myself.
Done.

Thumbs up

2007-01-11 21:56:42

Hmmmm Parham, I thought you'd already posted an introduction somewhere ----- well never mind. Hello again.

Hi Mojtaba, I've been here for quite a while but I don't think I've caught any of your posts, I hope you have fun posting to the forum and making useful contributions to the various topics under discussion. Just watch out for a slightly Loony felow calling himself Dark empathy who posts lots of random and pointless drivle at a steady rate. ;D.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-01-12 10:17:43

Lol I remember such a thing in very far corners of my mind; They're so far I don't know whether I remember true, but if I had, it's an update.
In one year, my introduction should change... Shouldn't it? Lol!

Thumbs up

2007-01-12 10:27:47

parham wrote:

hi. i'm parham doostdar from iran-tehran. i'm 16 years old, turning to 17 in 10 days. i totaly like action games and sports also. i lost my vision since i was 10 days old or so, and the thing which caused my blindness is unknown for doctors. some of them say it's because of my mother and father are relatives, or the other group say that it's because of some misunderstandings in the doctor's work. anyway, not important at all. i'm the top handycapped piano player in iran and i'm working in a company which is going to develop games for the blind. it's supposed to be ready tonight, so check it out at: www.lighttechinteractive.com. hope you'll find it useful! i talked a lot, now it's time to leave.
have a nice time!

Yes. Here is my last introduction. Now, come on, it had changed. First of all, I thought I'm 17 but then I figured that I'm 16 (although am still fighting over it with lots of people saying I'm 17). I didnt have a laptop back then! Oops, that had nothing with my introduction, but you have to use these methods sometimes to make others say "you are true" and... Aaaaargh. I'm saying nonsense. Anyway. So sorry for posting an introduction twice. I hate my memory! mad

Thumbs up

2007-01-23 13:48:35

hi
rodrick here ,plz anybody tells me coding in datagrid in asp.net

Thumbs up

2007-02-05 16:32:04

Hello, I'm gamehawk.  I'm not blind, but I love audio games.  Specifically, I love to develop them.  Freeware too.  I'll probably show you guys some of my games to see what you think.

Cheers,

gamehawk

Thumbs up

2007-02-05 16:48:46

that's wonderful, I'd certainly like to try out some of those games. i wonder what type of games.
and yay, another member of the forum. get 'em new members coming smile

Thumbs up

2007-03-27 15:22:55

Hello,
My name is Vojta and I'm from Czech Republic. I'm visualy impaired and I love games.

Thumbs up

2007-04-12 10:52:51

Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce myself.

I am Brian Bors. A Game Designers and the newest addition to the Game accessibility project, I will be writhing articles for the research section on the site. I am not blind.

I love games (anybody here who dos not?) and the time I don't spend gaming or working I fill up with: LARP or other forms of interactive and/or improvised theatre, Fantasy tabletop roleplaying and war games, writhing/reading, philosophy, psychology, rational and sceptical esotery (massage, meditation, pressure point treatments, psychodrama, aroma therapy, Etc), discussing things (Ethics, politics, sex, religion, determinism, game theory, Darwinism), everyday interaction design, anime, manga, cosplay... I guess that about sums it up. Feel free to ask questions, I like talking to strangers, especially strangers that I am currently researching/making games for. wink

Greetings,
Brian.

Thumbs up +1

2007-04-12 12:53:33

Well hi Brian, ----- even though I've already replied to your mouse topic, I'll say Hi again here as well.

I find it interesting that someone else has an interest in ethics and other such issues. I'm currently in the first year of my Phd in philosophy, which is certainly fun, and does lead to a tendency to discuss many subjects in a rather rambling way. I think probably my main research interests have been very basic everyday ethical questions, and some of the less formal aspects of philosophy of mind, ----- mostly about perception and immotion.

I also rather enjoy anime, ----- though i'm not an expert on the subject, ---- I just pinch my brother's Dvd's occasionally sinse he's a major Anime nut ----- I think the last Anime series I watched was Elphen Lied.

Unfortunately, larp tends to be out for me, though I've done bits of tabletop rp, and would certainly like to do more at some point.

I'll stop here before this post gets severely Ot, but suffice it to say Welcome to the forum.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-04-12 16:17:48

Yes, Philosofers to tend to ramble on, going OT in just a minute of typing. wink So if you want to verbally fight over something for practice and fun, (It would be my honour), we better create our own topic in the off-topic area. Your statement or mine?

Why is LARP "out for you"? We have a blind Larper in our group. With some work arounds its possible. You could just play a blind charracter. But lets start a different topic about that to. Thanx for the welcome. smile

Thumbs up

2007-04-18 03:48:50

Hi,
I am Andy Smith, (I am registered for a while, I guess). I am 11, soon to be 12. I loooooove audiogames, and I use brailleNote as my notetaker, and I like windows xp, and games like judgment day, and also monopoly. iI have a web site,
http://www.andysmithblog.bravehost.com
where I put up a bio.
ps. I love the internet!

So you can wake up now, my speech is over...
smile

And also, I was born in 1995, may 17. Or to put it right, May 17, 1995. I am now in 6th grade (I know, we're stupid). I have a grop on googlegroups and [email protected] is my email address.

Thumbs up

2007-04-18 03:50:43

And also I was blind from birth, and I love playing instruments like guitar. I made my school's jazz band. Hope you liked this addition to the looooong list of intros.

Thumbs up

2007-04-19 03:49:51

gamehawk wrote:

Hello, I'm gamehawk.  I'm not blind, but I love audio games.  Specifically, I love to develop them.  Freeware too.  I'll probably show you guys some of my games to see what you think.

Cheers,

gamehawk

I will test, for you. Send me an email if you are interested.

Thumbs up

2007-05-26 14:10:15

Ok here goes. my name is Kay and i'm totally blind, from bedford uk. i'm currently unemployed and looking for work. i love audio games such as all in play, manopoly and the pinball games. just thoughyt i'd drop by and say hi. whatever happened to the rail racer game? did it ever get released?

Thumbs up

2007-05-26 18:06:47

Well I've already said Hello in the Draconis topic, but I'll say it again, ----- Hello! and welcome to the forum, have fun, ---- or not, it's your choice but fun is good.

As to Rale Racer, it'll actually be coming out extremely soon, with a demo promised in June and a full version stil to follow. You can check the news (either on the main page or in the Ag news room forum), or just Go here to the blind adrenaline website, where you'll find a new audio trailer Che Martin has recently put up about the game.

Hth.

2007-05-29 00:41:50

hi again, thanks for saying hello. oh goody, can't wait for the new game. my computer goes weird with blind adrenaline for some reason, asking me to run an active x control and then coming up with an error report. odd.

Thumbs up

2007-05-29 07:59:06

Hmmm, well that's not good. Are you using internet explorer? I assume so sinse I don't believe other browsers use the active X add ons.

the only thing I can think of that might be causing trouble with the Blind adrenaline site is that it automatically plays an Mp3 of the logo when you open the site. But if your having messages about not running active X controls, iether you haven't got the active X control that lets you play audio mp3's, or it's disabled. Active X controls are litle plug in type things that let internet explorer either run functions in other programs (like spybot search and destroy), or do things directly through windows, ------ like playing mp3's or using programs written in flash or shockwave.

go to the "manage add ons" item in the tools menue, you'll get a list box with all your active X controls in it. If there's nothing marked "audio mp3" just try opening the Blind adrenaline site, and downloading the active X control when it asks you to.