2007-01-08 21:53:53

Hi!
i've found a game that i think is very accessible for blind people.
the games is playable for a blind person.
it is a kind of virtual pet site.
i know that it works with the jaws 6.20, and 4.51, but it's harder to navigate the pages with 4.51.

I live to crochet!

2007-01-08 23:30:49

lol, "I've found a great game. THat's it."

Not trying to make fun, just pointing out when you mention these things it is normal practice to include a link to the original site where the game was found.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-01-09 00:35:02

Indeed, I'll always check out another online game, so could you please post the link.

You might also considder informing Thom Lorimer about the game, so that he can add it to the list of accessible online games on the Whitestick.co.uk site, go to:

http://www.whitestick.co.uk/

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-01-09 00:40:24

This probably is Grophland.com... see: http://www.grophland.com/welcome/info.php

2007-01-09 01:56:36 (edited by dark empathy 2007-01-09 03:36:05)

Ah Richard, you've beat me to it. After reading this topic I went and googled Grophland, and the address is indeed WWW.Grophland.com.

Thus far things appear quite accessible with Hal, accept for one slot machine game which seemed a litle weerd, though sinse I haven't done a full read through of all the documentation yet it might just be me.

the game actually looks quite interesting, sinse, it appears to have a much wider emphasis than just the stat crunchery I mentioned earlier. More opinions (and maybe even a pod cast), will be forthcoming (I'm waiting for my first Groph to hatch).

(several hours later!).
Okay, I've had another look at the game, the majority of it does seem quite accessible with hal, however there are rather nasty grafical puzles at various points, ie, you get an immage of what I believe is either an anagram or joined up writing or something like that and have to write a translation in a text box (just like those immage logue in codes), I don't believe these are necessary to play most aspects of the game, but stil it's worth noting.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-01-09 16:28:16

oops. i think i forgot posting a link but you seem to have found it. it is
www.grophland.com
as richard and dark empathy said.
the sloth machine:
after pressing the play button, look above it. if you have  won something, you will find it there.

I live to crochet!