2012-02-18 06:16:22

Let me start off by saying that this was Keyisfull's idea. I just... finished it? Yeah, let's go with that. tongue

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16520690/GamePlayer.exe

I suppose a readme would have been a good idea...
Anyway, how it works is that you make a list of games, like a playlist. You can launch games in the list, or you can press the "play random game" button, and the program will randomly launch something in the list.

I've only played with it enough to know that the basics seem to work just fine; I was able to create and save a playlist, then got it to randomly launch a few games. By chance, all the games it picked were .exe files, so I have no idea how it will behave if it tries to launch something like bgt source code.
If you really wanted to, you could add things other than games into your playlist.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-18 08:33:15

Haha! Its at least a nice idea. Gonna have lots of fun with it today! Will it select Perilous Hearts or Sciense Invation, or Technoshock. A playlist of games. Anyway, I have the compilor for BGT so should I have any problems to run those games, I just need to compile them. Thats unfortunate for everyone else. But lots of people have it now, the compilor. Once again, thanks, perhaps?

Audiogames has entered a new era. With blockbusters such as bk2, swamp, perilous hearts and the soon-to-come road to rage, audiogames takes a new shape. High quality sounds, multiplayer and very sufficiant AI is audiogames next step towards attention. The world is about to change so cheer with me, hurray!

2012-02-18 09:09:39

hi,
does it need to be specified about playlists, or it opens games randomly on its own?

if the required game is not installed, would it still work?

sorry for such silly questions, but i'm thoroughly confused, lol.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-02-18 11:56:58

This is some really cool coding. Congrats on making a working file browser!
If I can suggest anything, well, all the buttons need hotkeys, and you should probably try and filter out the full paths in the playlist.
Other than that, this is really nice!

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2012-02-19 00:46:59

Oh my gosh! This might be what I have been looking for! Thanks for making this! I will try it right now!

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2012-02-19 01:53:14

wow, I've been looking for something like that. I sometimes only have a few minutes to play a game, and I spend have the time wondering what I should play.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2012-02-19 03:03:52

lol, I came up with the idea and began the initial coding because I was deathly bored yesterday and didn't know what to do, lol. THx Cae for making it real! I'm getting it.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2012-02-19 03:12:29

Hi,

This is pretty sweet and fun. Was just messing with it a bit.
I found out you can move up and down the list of games even while moving in the form. This is intended, right? In fact, I could actually make use of this. I have a hard time selecting a game to play.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-02-19 04:01:38

Can, you please modify the code to make it include the playing of audio files? If you do that, that will be the program I have been looking for for a long, long, long, long, long, long, long time. Thanks!

2012-02-19 04:40:11

I haven't tried it playing audio files, but I think it will open whatever files you put in as though you opened them from windows explorer. So it might open audio files in windows media player or whatever your default audio player is.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-19 05:07:28

I tried to do that, but it didn't work. I could try it again.

2012-02-19 06:27:33

I didn't work. What I was going for was a music scheduler. Do you think that you can make one?

2012-02-19 08:15:45

Maybe. The catch would be which filetypes are supported.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2012-02-19 09:15:59

Hi.

Well, I tried this and I have a question.
How do i make a playlist? I saw no way to create one.
Secondly, where is the program located in all programs? I looked for random game player and couldn't find it. I also looked for chaos productions or something like that but no go.
So, can I have some help please?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2012-02-19 18:22:08

Well, it should be found whereever you saved it. Are you using Internet Ecxplorer or Firefox?

2018-04-02 02:00:49

the link does not work!

my discord: gamer20#7735
my keybase, note you will need the keybase mac, linux, or windows client to access it: k:\public\theblindgamer50
if you also wish to contact me on telegram, you can do so by going to this link: http://t.me/theblindgamer50
have a nice day!

2018-04-06 12:16:05

help, link don't work error 404

let's rock!