2012-02-04 10:45:22

Hi,
I use a microphone that is on a headphone. Headphones are... How can I explain? Anyway, when it comes to the problem, when I talk to someone via msn or skype, they say that it sucks. I play with the cables, and they say yeah it is better. How can I test my microphone to see how it's volume goes? Thank you!

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-02-04 12:35:38

Hello,
I suppose you could use audacity to record it's volume, or goldwave. hth.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2012-02-04 13:20:30

you can go to the system volume control, and then go to menus, properties, recording and select your microphone volume.

you can also go to sounds and audio devices in control panel and select recording volume from there.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-02-04 13:47:59

Hi.
Something else you can do: when you're done setting your microphone settings, you can call the skype testing service. They'll play back your sound for you.
HTH

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2012-02-04 13:49:39

yeah i forget to mention it,
its called something like
echo/sound test service, online.

and you can add her by echo123 i think

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-02-04 19:50:11

Ah thank you. By the way, I have the volume set to 100 percent. It is geting corrupt I think.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-02-05 08:04:25

wgat do you mean by getting corrupt?

is it muffled?

if it is, then you might try speaking from a bit far away from it though.