2006-11-24 10:03:56 (edited by archer 2006-11-24 10:06:09)

hi.
eternal gamer, after you signed up to our team we have been unable to contact you due to the fact that when you registered for the forum you gave no e-mail address, and when you posted your wanting to join the team you wrote no e-mail address in your message.
thus we have been unable to contact you, and will be unable to contact you unless you alter your profile to include an e-mail address, or send me an e-mail with yours enclosed.
we want to complete the game as quickly as possible so the longer your reply or e-mail takes the longer the game takes.
however if anyone on the forum knows eternal gamer's e-mail address, we at dsg would appriciate it if you would e-mail it to me as quickly as possible.
thank you

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-11-24 20:16:15

Hi,
If interneralgamer doesn't reply, pleas can i replace him?
thanks.

2006-11-24 22:39:33

i'll have a word with sk8 for you.
but I'm not promising anything.
best reg

2006-11-25 12:42:19

i'm also in line for replacement tester. first, it'll go to troopanum. if he doesn't reply, then dd will be contacted. then if it's not dd it'll be me.

2006-11-25 13:39:11

hi.
technically that's right and wrong.
If troop doesn't reply dd will be contacted, if dd doesn't reply you will be contacted aerron, elliot is asking if eternal gamer doesn't reply can he have his spot.
I'm going to send sk8 and e-mail to ask him right now elliot, you'll know by tonight hopefully.
best reg

2006-11-25 17:10:29

Bwahahaha, and before sk8 checks his mail, he amazingly checks the audiogames forums and, and, and...
"If troop doesn't reply, dd is contacted. If dd is not contacted, aaron is contacted. Say if dd replys, but eternal gamer doesn't, then aaron get eternal's spot. If troop replys and eternal doesn't, then dd will be contacted. If troop doesn't repply, but dd does, aaron gets this spot. If aaron gets troop's spot, eliot gets eternal's spot if eternal doesn't reply Got it?"
LOL...

2006-11-25 21:08:13

confusing, onfiusing, confusing. but yes i think i get it. (i know i already said this but please, don't use th address in my profile, [email protected] instead)

2006-11-26 02:26:14

If Sk8 keeps up with the if then's, dark's brain will explode and someone else will get his spot, ---- ;D.

(Dark rapidly runs away from mob of potential testers hurling logic at him).

aaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!

Seriously, perhaps it would be fairist Imho to Alocate tester positions, rather than specific people's spots.

Thus, eliot joins the potential tester pool, with Troopanum, D&D and Aaron. If Eternal Gamer and troopanum both fail to reply we have two positions open, and so contact the first two people on the kew.

I'm sorry if this sounds a litle harsh to those at the rear of the kew, but it just strikes me that having separate kews and applications for each individual tester position seems needleslly complex, and unfair to those who replied originally but didn't get a spot, when there might be more than one spot available.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-11-26 05:11:43

Hmmm, that should undergo some serious consideration...
Dark, I'm glad you liked my logic.

2006-11-26 17:12:46

If I understood SK8's post right that's already how it's working, it just could use some clarification in terms.

Here's how I read it:
First backup tester: Troopanum
Second backup tester: DD
Third backup tester: Aaron

Unless you want a number of backup testers at least equal to that of first line testers it's the only way to do it. It's actually more fair because it limits the number of people with backup positions, so there's less chance of someone getting their hopes up unnecessarily.

If I'm wrong in any way or speaking out of turn I apologise, just thought the issue was more format than anything else.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-11-26 18:11:28

Hi,
well, it's been long enough and nothing from troop, and nothing from eternal gamer.
Sk8 sent me an e-mail, bring in Aerron and DD, congrats you two your beta testers now, just make sure that you reply promptly to our e-mails, we're running out of back up testers lol,
i'm sending them right now, so as soon as you read this check your inboxes.
greets

2006-11-26 21:29:29

Hi,
If Trupanum or Aaron don't reply, please can I be a backup Beta Tester?
Thanks.
e-elliott.tk
http://www.e-elliott.tk

2006-11-26 22:11:14

hi elliot.
well, troopanum is out of the running, i sent him a message but we recieved no reply. it's now dd and aaron who we have asked to step into the void.
however Aaron has replied, so now if Dd doesn't reply then the job will fall to you.
After all, your our only back up beta tester now, lol.
best reg
archer

2006-11-26 22:19:49

Hi,
I no this isn't really the propper topic to post this message on, but I have some exciting news:
I am just about to start a new company. I will also need some beta testers. I will need about 10 testers. Who ever replies to this topic will get the job.
P.S:
I am not trying to copy your ideas SK8 kid 1 or archer.
e-elliott.tk
http://www.e-elliott.tk

2006-11-27 02:07:35 (edited by sk8kid1 2006-11-27 02:12:25)

Hey elliot, I'll help you out.
Edit: Hey! Your site forwards to pcs games! What's up with that?

2006-11-27 06:32:42

Indeed, Pcs games with a pop up .tk domain advertisement and no sign of your website I'm afraid.

Personally Eliot, I'd like to know a litle more about this company of yours and what your doing before I agree to test anything. For instance, I'm not exactly a huge fan of sport or racing games, I'll gladly give them a try (I'm actually quite interested in Rale racer), but mostly, my track record (ha ha), for allowing sports/racing games harddrive space is not exactly good, only Jim Kitchen's golf game made it thus far, and I probably wouldn't have kept that if it had actually cost money.

It also occurs to me that If your writing the programs in Justbasic, which Sk8 explained the other day, it also seems you either work extremely fast or are asking for testers a tad early.

I appologise if this is a litle exacting, but I do have quite a few other things I need to be doing besides stuff related to audio games,so before I agree to a large job like beta testing, I have to know what I'm getting myself into.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-11-27 15:20:20

Honestly, I said yes to just maybe get a better look at what you're about. I'm afraid to say that I've been slightly turned away because of this pcs thing.

2006-11-27 16:57:36

Hi,
My company is called minisoft. Soon, my new website will be:
http://www.minisoft.tk
I am making a game called Holiday from hell. You are going on holiday where things start to go wrong. I started the game a fiew months ago. I am programming the game in autoit from:
http://www.autoitscript.com
Does anyone want to help me?
Thanks.

2006-11-27 17:43:48

eliot:
you only told me about this game on skype yesterday.
he has showed me a few of his games that he is making, he makes it so that you have to have certain games installed. example: he used the bonus game music fro super liam in one of his games. he actually makes it play directly from the lworks\super liam\music folder. also, you need medaevil battle in unzipped\medaevil battle. i am unsure how eliot spelt it so couldn't put it in for when the game is ready, i am not sure when that'll be though.

2006-11-27 20:16:46

Well, I'm very glad this isn't a spur of the moment type of thing. i'd like a litle info about the Holiday from hell game, is it a completely audio game? a text game needing a screen reader? what sort of game is it, strategical battle? action? I'll certainly check out Minisoft when the site's up and running.

Btw, isn't using sound files from comercially published games slightly dodgy?

2006-11-27 20:38:56

Yes, and calling yourself "minisoft" is slightly dodgy too in all honesty. Mini, micro...

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-11-28 02:49:05

cx2, you bring up a great point. It's clever, but I think it'd be wise to change.
Reguarding the games, I'm happy you used one of the dsg projects, I have no problem with you using midievil battle stuff, but I think you should at least include the music in the folder. You also should also contact the developer to get their permission and make sure to give them credit.