2006-11-26 15:28:12

Hey guys.
What do you think are the best game? Chillingham or Grizzly Gulch?
How long time took it before you beat CHillingham?
Regards
Morgan Kane

2006-11-26 18:06:22

hi.
It took me a lot longer to beat grizzly than it did chillingham, although the spoilers in the chill review did help.
But grizzly gulch is more difficult the first time and even harder when you go up against murderin sam and those bloody rattle snakes.
best reg

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-11-26 18:07:28

Hmmm, I believe we had a topic about this at some point before ----- but well hay never mind.

I'd have to say I personally prefer Chillingham, though I'll admit, once you've solved all the puzles it's only replay value is to re-experience the story and atmosphere of the game again, sinse even on hard mode it's the same game.

I also found the gunfighting in grizly slightly repetitive after a while, especially when you were just wandering in and out of the bank waiting for more gunfights to build up cash ----- in fact, the hole build up cash thing was a bit of a pest in Grizly.

By the same Tocan, the Bug collecting in chillingham does go on a bit, but it doesn't take up mostly the entire game the way that money collecting does in Grizly.

On the hole, despite replay issues and extended bug hunts, I'd have to say that Chillingham is Imho the better game, but this is a case where I don't think comparison's are exactly fair, sinse Grizly Gulch was released four years before Chillingham, so chillingham was virtually a game upgrade using an expanded version of the system seen in Grizly.

If Chillingham 2 does ever put in an appearence, hopefully it'll put the original game to shame.

Oh Btw, I completed both games over the space of two fairly long evenings, and to complete them both on hard mode took about the same length of time.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)