2006-11-21 20:17:00

Popomundo is a free text game that I've been playing for a few weeks that I'd like to tell you about.
It can be found at www.popomundo.com
You start out as a guy/girl who wants to start a band. The game takes time; you aren't logged in for hours, just set some preferences and wait until tomoro for the changes to ocur. This gets annoying, because you want to improve, but you have to wait. This makes it realistic because composing music isn't an easy task. Composing music takes many steps. Naming the song, writing the melody, and writing the lyrics. If you do various things in the game, you can earn insperation which allows you to make your songs even better. You also need to buy instruments which is very hard until you get a good job which I am working on. You need at least one instrument to write a song. You can only work on one area of the song at once. You do this by setting your career priority to compose music. After a day, you will get a message saying you worked on your music. After you get either the melody or lyrics to 100 percent, you must switch to the other. When using insperation, you must work more on the area on which you used the insperation. Your skills which you learn by reading books also impact the result of your music. To a newbie, books cost a lot. Every time you do something from your priorities, you get experience. You distribute these to your stats which are voice talent, musicality, looks, charm, intelligence(iq), health, and mood. The goal is to get these as high as possible. Health and mood decrease and increase depending on what you do. Once you have 3 songs, you can perform a show. Clubs will either invite you or you can book times. You receive much needed money from anyone who buys tickets to the show. It is benefitial to party at shows and clubs because you can increase your mood and earn lots of insperation for your songs. Choosing to party is in your priorities as well as many other options. All of these are described in the help links in the game. Before shows, it is advisable to jam. This is frusterating me because I can't get enough money to jam. Not having enough money is the main problem when you start. That s hould improve as you get more famous. When you get more famous, you can travel and tour. You can get bigger tour buses, better equipment, and better songs/instruments. Another thing that is hard to accomplish, but when accomplished will make your music much better is getting other people in your band. If anyone is interested in joining, start in London and join distorted. Just go to the magazine; the link is located on the city page. After that, go to the ads section>bands looking for members>distorted. Distorted is a heavy metal band; to join, click on the link and ask to join. I'll deffinitely accept anyone from the audiogames.net forum. If you join, I'll help you out and answer as many questions as possible; I'm still a newbie, but I know a good deal about the game. Writing about everything else in the game would probably bore everyone so it would be pointless to write it because no one would read it. The best way to learn is by checking the game out, it's really fun and not a huge time commitment.

2006-11-23 08:55:01

game is pretty cool.  my char is Hank Murry.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2006-11-23 16:33:53

Okay, I'll accept you. Work on your music skills and if you can, get a bass and learn skills about playing the strings and bass, we need a bass player. Thanks for applying!