2006-11-12 14:24:14

Hi!
In the XHour demo, where shall I fly to reach the base without beeing shot down?
I'm first flying north, and blasts some helicopters to pieces. sometimes, I try to head East or, I just flying North and ending up being shot down. But, I do so when I fly east as well. LOL. I can't fly west, because there's always some gun about 5-1 sels away from me on the west side.
so, something I'm doing wrong?

V

2006-11-12 17:46:50

Well, you can check the enemy base position with the B key, that'll tell you where you need to go. Space will tell you your position, D, your current direction. As to not being shot down, there are two main points. Firstly, make heavy use of the N,S,E,W, keys to scan ahead ten cells in each direction. on the easy difficulty, guns will appear on scans (on normal and hard you have to just turn around when you here them), the guns are in east/west lines across the board with a gap in betwene, so when you find a gun on the scan, keep flying north or south and pressing the E key to scan east to find your way through.

Have you read the documentation? I'd deffinately recommend you read at least the "rules of the game" and "Episode 1" secctions, everything you need to know is there.

Oh, Btw, I'm afraid that in the demo version the game will cut out after a few minutes, so unless you buy the game, you probably won't be able to reach the enimy base.

Personally though, while I did find the demo of the game slightly mean, I stil ended up buying it, sinse even though episode 1 can be slightly slow at times, two and three more than make up for that (check the episode descriptions in the documentation and you'll see what I mean).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-11-14 17:44:42

Hi!
Thanks Dark! for the first, ever time in my life, I don't got shot down. but, the demo cutted out before I reached the base! *Sad*. LOL. but, this game looks interesting for what I have tried so long, maybee I gotta buy it one day? Noone knows.

V

2006-11-14 18:28:56

I must admit, that Imho Xhour is the most mean of demos in terms of limitations.

You can only play the first episode on easy difficulty, you can only play the game for three days (I think), and the game cuts out after five minutes! Obviously Vip gameszone want people to buy the game ---- but not even letting you finish episode one?

well anyway, as I said, in my opinion the first episode is actually the least interesting to play of the three, so I'd recommend you considder that when your deciding whether or not to buy the game.

Imho of course, the game is worth buying.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)