2006-10-28 15:45:18

Game Man wrote:

Hi
I haven't completed the quest yet but it's not there. What should I do?
Game Man

It's perfectly normal, if you haven't completed the heaven quest, and the library isn't there. After you had helped the professor with his research, the library option should have disappeared. Now, however, option 1 should be available to you, if not, then I really can't help you. Well if option 1 is there (the boss area), go fight the boss again, and, if you win, the library should appear again. Then, talk to the professor in the library, and you should have beaten the quest by then.

And only then, will the graveyard quest (option 15) have passed.

2006-10-28 17:23:15

Hi
I've defeated the light of god in the temple but the library still isn't there.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-10-28 18:20:05

I have a question. What should I do to be more protected. I'm level 70 and I have bought the highest rank armor from the armorshop, but when I want to complete the swamp quest, the boss hits me about 500.
Do I have to raise my agility?

2006-10-29 22:06:09

Hi
I've just finished the game! I think to raise your defense, you will have to fight the sword master. When you get to choose your pickpoints, your defense is autimatically raised. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-11-02 16:44:09 (edited by dark empathy 2006-11-02 16:45:35)

Well, I'm finally giving the game a good whanging. My only minor question is, what are god powers for? I keep getting them, and there seems absolutely no way to use them. I am playing a warrior, so I hope that doesn't make any difference.

With the acceptiion of the Professor's research in the Gates of Heaven quest, I've also found no use for blessings, so it would be helpfull if somebody could let me know about those as well.

I've just completed the Graveyard quest, so no spoilers please.

Also, i was wondering where you find the combination to get into the huts in the meadow. Obviously it's a combo lock, but there doesn't seem to be a way of puzling it out (unless I'm being incredibly dence, which is possible!), so I'd guess that somebody would tell you the combination, or give you a puzle with a numeric answer. If so, please could somebody let me know where to find said answer!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-11-02 22:30:31

God powers and blessings don't really do anything, as they are just rewards.

to the_ruler_of_dark_forces:

Yes, raise your agility. Become at least level 120, and then you will be able, to beat the boss, and finish the game.

to Game Man:

Good job beating the game. Now, answer this question - What did you think???

One more thing, I'm sorry I didn't post in a while, because my internet was down.

2006-11-03 01:25:06

thanks Rsl, I've now also finished the game ---- all in all it actually took me quite a long time, about 6 hours or so.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-11-03 02:18:05

Hi
I think the game is good. I just wish that you could make your own quests for it or have more.
Game Man

Game Man

2006-11-03 08:19:27 (edited by dark empathy 2006-11-03 08:29:01)

Well, now that I'm actually awake, it seems it might be time for the usual minny review I tend to give games once I've finished them. Pluss, now that I've played world of Legends through from start to finish I can make a proper judgement of the game.

the first thing I'd like to say about world of legends, is that I loved the size of the game. "Massive?" I thought, "How massive can that be" and the answer is pretty dammed massive! Some of the areas in this game were extremely large indeed, and initially going through them took quite a bit of exploring. Perhaps, if the game is ever updated, there might be the chance to have hidden items and locations in places like the rain forest and grasslands that you need items from later quests (or more hidden items), to open, such as perhaps having a tree top village area in the rain forest which you require a flying cloud from the gates of heaven to reach.

Speaking of the locations, I did think the places in this game were very nicely varied, lots of different locations and atmospheres. I was particularly impressed with the flow of the game, the way you went from standard monster hacking in the great plains, through exploring, through being general of an army, then it's off to heaven to fight mystic warriors. this really gave a sense of progression through an epic quest, and becoming a stronger and stronger warrior.

I also very much liked the gameplay. the different tasks were very varied, the termite survival battle, the war minigame (I really! enjoyed that one), a litle item hunting and the path quests. It was very nice that even when i was a long way through the game different challenges would appear to surprise me.

I thought the rule's system was nicely complex sinse it took me a while to work out what energy was for and so on. I also liked the way that it was extremely easy (maybe too easy), to level up, gain more mana energy and gold. I was actually level 311 when I fought the rune King, and my defence was so high he kept on doing 0 damage to me, but this is probably more due to my fairly obsessive grinding of stats than the game's difficulty, and I suspect if I'd been a good 50 levels lower he'd have wiped the floor with me.

i bought all the top armour and weapons (smithing the Legend's longsword), comparatively early on, just before I got to the ocean city quest in fact, and after that I did feel that gold was slightly unneccessary. Perhaps, if the game's ever updated with hidden locations, there might also be hidden shops as well that cell even better items.

One aspect of the rules I really liked was the crafting system, though (particularly in weapon crafting), a litle more of this might have been good. Perhaps in the future the game could involve needing specific elements to make specific things ----- such as perhaps a frog for the Frog Mana potion.

I thought the poisoning was great, it was quite satisfying to poison one creature and watch as it slowly died while I dealt with another buhahahahaha, unfortunately I had to forgo this pleasure at higher levels. For this reason a few extra status effects, or spells or special attacks that have a longer effect than just one round might have been fun.

I think perhaps my only real problem with the game, was that in many places, the writing could have been improved, iether with more discription, or a litle checking of the grammar. I felt at various places sentences like "HEre's a town, here you can heal yourself and stuff" didn't really add to the epic atmosphere of the game.

there were many occasions where a litle extra description or atmospheric touches would have made a huge difference, in boss fights, at unpleasant locations such as the Graveyard that type of thing. I'd have liked to know for example, how the various monster's attacked me? teeth? swords? rubber chickens? what!

I wouldn't normally make an issue of this, but I did feel it did rather let down an otherwise exceptional game. in a text game, the text obviously has to paint the picture of where you are and what's going on, and though I'm certain that Rsl had a picture in mind, I don't think it came across to the player as well as it might have.

comparing the writing here to the writing in online gamebooks or interactive fiction for example, there is a clear difference in quality. Obviously, if RSl's doing all this highly complex and cunning coding to get that great rules system and all those features and locations loaded, it'd be unfare to expect him to spend a looooong time writing item and monster descriptions. Stil, a litle work in this area would have I think, changed a pretty good game into an absolutely fantastically legendary great game of shiny and unbelievable brillience.

One aspect of the writing I did enjoy was the litle touches of humor in the game, the mathamatical problem in the Graveyard, the electro magnetic pulse in the war game, and the various suggested methods of killing Rsl himself!

all in all, I'd totally agree with game man. World of legends is a fantastic game, i just wish there could be more of it and I hope RSl will considder doing a similar game in the future or expanding upon World of Legends, it'd deffinately be worth it.

2006-11-04 00:31:08

Thanks, I was really happy about all your comments, and everything. Also, I might make another text game in the future, better than world of legends, however, world of legends had taken me 5 months to create (from february 2006, to july, 600), so a bigger text game with the better quality, will take much longer. I also think that I could make a better code system, and might also implement scripts into the game, even though I think that it's really unnecessary to do that, because text games, in my decision, are fairly easy to create. If you have ever created a game before, you will know, that once you have created a certain kind of game, it is easy, or easier, to create, again.

Anyway, thanks for all your comments, and I hope you all enjoyed the game very much.