2006-10-08 13:04:46 (edited by archer 2006-10-08 16:46:02)

hi.
i'd just like to know how exactly do you gain adv tokens in sryth?
i ask this because for the past months there's been somewhere you can get new weapons, but the currency is adv tokens.
at the moment my chars only have 8 a piece, and well, how do i get more.
i'd also like to know, can anyone tell me where the best place is to flog a pair of redwyn's mage gloves for a lot of profit.
thx.

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-10-08 21:20:02

Right now the only two ways of getting Adv Tokens (Adv means adventurer obviously), are to A. Complete the Little Matter about an Orb quest in Hawklor or B complete a Proving Grounds contest. That's all.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-10-08 23:25:35

an orb quest?
i've been scouting out hawklor for several months now and apart from the two ogres that took 8 travvelers prisoners i've found nothing of interest.
how do you start this orb quest, and how easy is it to navigate and win?
thx

2006-10-17 02:00:52

You need to complete the Caves of Westwold adventure first. If you click Adventures for this location in Hawklor, you'll see it. That's a fairly easy adventure and the experience rewards are nice. Then, after you take care of the Gobblin problem, the quest you seek should become available. I wouldn't advise it though unless you have a fairly high melee rating. Most of the monsters, which seem to be insects of one kind or another, are quite strong. Anyway, after completing the Westwold adventure, you might be stopped by somebody on your way into the Stoneback Tavern. This mysterious stranger asks you for your help. He'll give you a pouch of twelve Adventurer Tokens as an advance payment. After that, if you click Adventures for this Location, there should be a quest called A Little Matter about an Orb. Like I said though, I don't know that I'd undertake that quest unless your melee rating is fairly high or, at the very least, you have decent levels in Restoration or other powers, decent being forty or higher. While you can run from most fights, there are a few that'll keep coming if you flee from them, so you do have to win them. These are usually harder fights where the game gives you those oh-so-encouraging statements about how the enemy could crush you with one blow. I also noticed that enemy encounters in that ruined castle seem to be almost insanely high, so you may want to use disgression when taking on that adventure. You do get another Adv Token reward for completing the quest though, and the EXP reward is rather nice.

Completing the Caves of Westwold also unlocks part one of the three-part Giants adventure, but I definitely wouldn't advise undertaking that quest until  you've got a melee rating above sixty, above seventy if you can swing it. The experience and monitary reward for completing that three-part quest is one of the best I've ever seen, but it's not for the newby. Neitheris the orb quest, so you may want to wait.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-10-17 09:47:03 (edited by archer 2006-10-17 09:49:37)

it seems that my chars are too weak, i have been training and i am now at aprentis level with all of my skills for one char, and his stats aren't too bad, but whenever i try a quest i always get crushed. e.g i've tried all of the trithic advs like ironfang and all the rest but my char always gets impaled and i'm back were i started.
i try to kit him out with the best weapons i can find, for example i just bought a powerful mace from perth kimbolt in the ironclaw weapon market yet even if i give him a freakin tank i doubt it'd be affective against the ghouls in sryth.
i don't really like westwold or that kind of adventure, i always feel as if i'm going round in circles. i did try westwold once and i got to level 2 but decided to go back and i got taken out by a goblin hunter.
here are my char's stats, i have two going at the moment, tell me what i can do to train them up a little.

char 1
the first one is kridious
Melee Rating
32/32
Stamina
37/37
Nevernal Rsv.
---
Gold
Agility
  above avg
Might
  superhuman
Body
  amazing
Aura
  average
Mind
  above avg
Spirit
  amazing
Luck
  exceptional
unfortunately he's a warrior and as i've glanced through all pregenerated chars i know that warriors only usually have one type of magic or non at all.
i tried to compensate however by giving them good weaponry if i can afford it. i do have another char but he hasn't been properly started yet.
so, what can you suggest to help me increase his stats?
thx.

2006-10-17 19:49:27

The best thing you can do for yourself is forget about your aversion to Westwold and go back and complete it. You'll need the experience. Then you can head south from Hawklor to Durnsig and get the equipment from the Seven Knights quest. To do that, go to Durnsig and explore the woods to the west. Then you can attempt the monastery quest in Trithik. That one can be accessed by exploring the Northern part of the city and visiting Lyrelocke Monastery. It's a fairly easy quest, but with 512 EXP as a reward for completing it it's worth it. Then you can use the experience you've acumulated to raise your skills. Then, and only then, when your Melee Rating is at least in the forties, should you attempt Stoneback Hill. This should be  easy for you to do since a good few items you find on those quest will add to your melee rating, not the least being the Spiked Iron Ring from Westwold. When you go back there, remember to free the injured Gobblin on the second level and take the key he drops. It'll let you open the treasure chest in the boss's room. Your melee rating is where I'd advise for completing Westwold, so you shouldn't have a whole lot of troble with the enemies. Then there's Gralgarak's Tomb, a tough quest to be sure but well worth it. The shield you get is better than the one from the Seven Knights quest. Wll, there's y two cents. Trust me, if you do it this way you'l have a lot less trouble. Then you can complete other quests like The Old Cathedral in Mirgspil, Daggerspire in Graldok and The Murk in Stormfield. Then you can get the Hale Blade.

2006-10-18 09:30:42

hmm, ok, i'll do it that way.
truth be told i have tried my hand at all of those quests, but i've been crushed within minutes of entering them.
i did get quite far in lereloak monestary, i got upto level two, i think it was the part after the electric field where there were iron bars on the floor, i think i fled because of all of those god damm huge insects.
i'll try it again then. At the moment i've got a second char with 4 magics, i think they're necromency, conjouration, ellementalism and destruction.
i've just this moment bought the nadorian war sword from those merchants on the way to talinous, so i'll go and tackle westwold.
thx brian.
best reg

2006-10-18 16:55:08

how do i get the eq on the 7 nights quest? i kill one and don't know how to et the blade (of the fox). or anything else. what do i do.

2006-10-18 17:24:08

You have to slay all seven nights to gain a piece of equipment. What you do is kill all seven knights, then Examine the Plynth. Here's a tip. For the tougher nights like Bear, Dragon and Gryphon, unequip your weapon before examining them. Then, just before you click Begin Combat, reequip your weapon. Trust me, it makes those fights a lot easier and eliminates muh of the frustration of that quest. This quest is particularly repetitious because you have to defeat each knight a total of seven times in order to gain everything from that quest. Since the knights of the Bear, Dagon and Gryphon in particular are quite tough, this quest can be extremely tough. But if you unequip your weapon before approaching them, the reequip it before battle is actually joined, meaning just before you click the Begin Combat button, the game will have adjusted the knight to face an unarmed opponent and it won't have time to readjust to the new situation. You might still lose a few times but probably not nearly as often as you would if you didn't use this trick.

2006-10-19 17:03:38 (edited by aaron 2006-10-19 17:04:05)

thanks. by the way: last time i tried to log in to sryth, i needed sighted assistance. rofl.

2006-10-19 17:36:48

right, i really am having trouble logging nin now.
i click login&play, and nothing happens what so ever. that is why i am hardly on sryth anymore. it's been happening all the time. i wish there was a way to loggin without sighted assistance. i click loggin&play, it does something, and it makes a sound as if it was invalid or something like that. it's hard to explain. no new window opens, no new page loads. it just stays there though it made the "search" sound.

2006-10-19 18:58:52

I've notced the same thing. Mylaptop has Windows XP. Now this does not mean you need sighted assistance. Here's something that I've found that works mmost of the time. Go to the link you want, the route your JAWS cursor to the PC cursor. The you can either click your left mouse buttoon (I'd advise holding the key down just to make sure it does and then release it once it says New Browser Window), or you can just route your JAWS cursor to the PC cursor once it's at the link you want, then click the righ mouse button. The context menu that opens should have an Open option. Select this and you should be able to log in.

2006-10-19 21:39:40

hi.
i don't use loginplay, i just go straight to the play link and login that way.

2006-10-20 15:20:45

i will try that.
the thing that happens though, with hal:
i press the left mouse button, (space bar in virtual focus),
it says, "microsoft internet explorer" as if a new window is opening, and then it just goes back to the same page.
however i will try the trick you just said.

2006-10-20 17:06:20

hmm, that's weird, i use window-eyes and i have my own problems but never anything like that.
my biggest bug is that when i am on the internet and i need to type in something in an edit box i have to press control shift and a to let me type, otherwise the default short cut keys on the internet take over, like press c to get to edit boxes, check boxes, raido buttons etc.
i also find that sometimes when i press control shift and a it doesn't work right away and instead window-eyes just blanks out until i press it again.
best reg