2011-12-23 00:06:58 (edited by nyanchan 2012-04-18 09:34:17)

Hi.
You can send questions about my game, or opinions here.
I want to translate my games as much as possible.

Here is a quick installation guide:

----------
How to install the game:
1: Download the game:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10243904/nn2_setUp.exe
2: Run the .exe file.
3: When an input box appears, press enter once, and the game will begin to install. You might hear the progress indicator depending on what screenreader you're using.
4: When the installer is finnish, it will be closed automatically and you'll return to the explorer.
Please note: The game is installed in the following folder: There is Japanese on the next line.
C:\nyanchangame\僕らの大冒険Ⅱ~逆襲、そして征服~

and does not have any shortcut on your desktop and neither in your start menu. So you need to make this on your own or simply launch the play.exe file from the games folder.

Set the language to english:
When you launch the play.exe file the logo starts to play. When the logo plays, you can press the letter E to switch the language from Japanese to English. If that works, it will skip the logo and you'll be in the main menu. If it doesn't work, nothing happens when pressing E while the logo plays. If nothing happens, you have to update the game manually from the main menu, but you don't have any speech yet. Do the following:
1: Run the play.exe file.
2: press enter to skip the logo.
3: When you hear some music you're in the main menu. Press the down arrow twice to the "check for updates" menu item and then press enter.
4: If there are any updates, you have two menu items. If there aren't any updates available, there is only one which leads you back to the main menu. To get the update, you have to choose the first menu item, and then you'll hear some beeps, something like a motor which powers up which means the data is downloading, then some computer keyboard typing noice  which means you're data is being saved, and finally a dialog box pops up, telling you that the update process has finished.

Enableing SAPI:
To get some speech in the game, you have to enable either SAPI, Jaws, NVDA, a Japanese screenreader or some dialog boxes. . I recommend SAPI which works for all people.
1: When you are in the main menu, go down 3 times to game settings and then press enter.
2: Go down twice to select screenreader and then press enter.
3: Go to the last menu item which is SAPI5 and then press enter twice.
SAPI will now talk, and if you have set the language to english, you'll see that you have the option to configure your speech.

Good luck and feel free to ask on the Audio games forum if you need any help.
End of readme.
------
Written by SLJ, edited by Yukio Nozawa

Enjoy fighting.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2011-12-23 03:02:39

I can try to help as much as I can.. I do not know any other language though, besides English. lol I am looking forward to trying this game very much....

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2011-12-23 03:14:56

Wow, I have to say, yukio is actually pretty damn impressive as a developer. Plus you're only in middle school? I'm looking forward to seing what you make when you're even older and have learned a lot more. For example, philip bennefall was only about 15 or so when he made tarzan jr I believe, and now he's made an entirely new programming language.
Anyway, just started daiboukenn 2, but don't really know what to do after the first part where you destroy the objects coming at you. I'm at the part with the radar sound now.
I'd actually like to learn japanese at some point, it'd be cool to be able to communicate better, and I've always really liked the language.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2011-12-23 03:27:50

Yes, I'm a junior high school student and I'm learning English in school. I'm 14 years old.
So if my English is something bad, please tell me about that.
Btw, bok2's first stage is a practice stage.
Boku2 has 25 stages and each stage has 4 acction levels.
I'll explain about the first stage.
stage 0-1:
you have to attack balls. Press enter to attack balls. If all ball is attacked, this level will end.

stage 0-2:
Firstly, you have to catch a ball. But the ball is on air.
Secondly, you have to jump! press up arrow!

stage 0-3:
Press space to attack toy cars and break it.
stage 0-4:
This is tutorial mix level.

2011-12-23 03:31:59

Hi, OK, opinions?. i have one. great, simply great haha.
I've played the game, and managed to level up at least my ealth, but yes, if you can translate the menues at least, it'll be excellent, primarily the main menu, and shop, because in an rpg, you're history if you don't level up.
I can't help with the translation because i do not speak japanese, but i can give you feedback and help other players understand the game, so.
basic keys:
*left and right arrows, move character.
*up, jump.
*enter, interaction. open doors, push objects etc.
*control while walking, run.
*spacebar, fire currently selected weapon.
*a, tells total ammo for the second weapon (long distance weapon)
*h, ealth status.
*tab, some short of sub-menu, from there you can select weapons, use ittems, view the collection of objects, and other things that i don't know haha.
*d, view objects in the screen, much like shades of doom. you can see enemies and ittems alike.
*w, weapons menu, from there, you can choose your weapon, but if you don't have one, the cursor will not move.
*c, collected objects, i think that this menu is only for viewing some short of items that canot be used, they are only collectibles, like when you collect figurines or something similar in a mainstream rpg game.
*i, items menu, from there you can heal yourself, if you have a curative item.
Note: you don't need to use the tab key for equipping weapons or to use items, simply press the corresponding shortcut.
and that's all for now, of course, this info can be a litle... or much, wrong, you can correct me haha.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2011-12-23 03:38:40

Thanks mr.brunete. Your explanation is right.
you can't move in weapon menu because you have only one weapon in the first stage. The weapon is a club.
You will get hammer and pachinko at stage1 level 4.

2011-12-23 03:45:25

excellent!. the hammer is a great weapon for combat, slow but.. is the only way to inflict serious damage from close distance.
a litle question, do you have some short of shield?. or it's posible to block an attack?. i'm actually in stage 2, level 4. there are some enemies that fires.... some short of... water wave?. after that, theyre inmovile for a short time. i can't complete it yet, there's a boss or something similar there, after openning a door. and with the boss, the same enemies... arg!!!.

2011-12-23 03:47:44 (edited by CAE_Jones 2011-12-23 03:51:28)

I love your music!
Ah, I can't figure out how to turn off Aquestalk.
Actually, do you think the Aquestalk alerts will display correctly if I change my regional settings to Japanese?

I still want to get farther in the original Bokurano Daibouken (I know some people could reach the first boss... I can't, though. ).

[edit]
Actually, Aquestalk is giving me a problem.
The game is freezing.
Is there a settings file that I can edit to change sapi settings?
[/edit]

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-12-23 03:59:45

ah, cae, i remember that we have trying to pass the first bnd last year, i will play it again, fortunately i have my guide... somewhere, i've reached the first boss, but after that, i was stuck, very stuck!.
i will write a basic guide for bnd2 tomorrow, or today, in argentina it's 11 p.m haha.
the guide will cober the tutorial stages, the first and second stages, take note that each stage has 4 levels, like a world from mario brothers.
i missed something in my last post, when you kill, or other thing kill's an enemy, he or it, alwais drops an item. this item i think, thats some short of money or experience, but must be picked up with enter.

2011-12-23 04:16:36

Sadly I get no speech feedback while playing daibouken 2, do I need a japanese tts? And I'm stuck in the part where you seem to be in your house and there's a bunch of items that don't seem to do anything when you hit enter on them. There's 2 rooms to go through, both with lots of things that don't seem to do much.
I have to say though this game is fun, for not knowing what I'm doing half the time haha. And your english is pretty good, you're quite understandable. Plus it'll only get better with time.

2011-12-23 04:19:07 (edited by nyanchan 2011-12-23 04:21:49)

I just translated some of bk2 menus.
Please try it!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10243904/play.exe
I didn't know about problems about aquestalk. It is an Japanese TTS.
And bk2 has not any shields.
To avoid waters, you have to jump.

2011-12-23 04:26:50

2-4 is a boss level.
Bad boys break the door of the your friend's woman's house, and are trying to pounce on you!
the water is a monster called a big slime's.
The water is acidity!

2011-12-23 04:29:21 (edited by CAE_Jones 2011-12-23 04:31:17)

The problem with aquestalk happens after I type my name.
When the cutscenes begin, windows says "play.exe has stopped working".
I found options.dat, but some of the text seems to be scrambled. Is it safe to edit options.dat?

[edit] I renamed options.dat, and it works again.[/edit]

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-12-23 04:30:36

thanks!, checking the menus now!. and about water, yes, i jump to dodge it, of course, but you programed the waves of water very well, sometimes 2 or 3 came at me.. damn! haha.
in the level that you're in your house, ther'es has follows:
you have a door to the left, and thats all we must know for now. well. go left, and you will hear aloth of items. grab the first, go to the right, pass the door, and you must put the item that you grabbed previously, if you did it right, you will hear your name and some incomprensible messages haha. go left again, collect another item, go right, put it into, left, collect, right, put. you will eventually end the level.

2011-12-23 04:44:40

whenever I try to start the game I get an error 39
on line 1 then I get a visual c runtime error

2011-12-23 04:50:21

See, the thing is, I don't get any audio feedback whatsoever, japanese or otherwise, just the game sound.

2011-12-23 05:07:25

Same here. I think it will output to a Japanese tts if you have one running (that's how the other one worked, anyway).
I'm having an issue where ... I think it's 1-1? With all of the enemies that are getting beat up by that adorable bouncy thing that follows you? I'm having a hard time figuring out what to pick so as to not repeat that several times.

I went into the options menu, and got an error.
I think I was second from the bottom of the first menu, then the third of the menu below that, and I think the second or third of the next menu.
Error.txt contains this:
error 38 in line -1

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2011-12-23 05:15:11

Hmm, did you use an English patch?
It is reply number 11.

2011-12-23 05:31:15

in my opinion, the best thing to do, is reinstalling the game, apply the patch, then you will be able to select the sapi or other tts. i'm ussing sapi, and everithing works great here.

2011-12-23 05:37:06 (edited by stirlock 2011-12-23 05:39:46)

Ah ok, it seems at least for me, sapi wasn't the default tts here. For anyone wanting to find it.
from the main menu, go down twice and hit enter, this is game settings.
Then go down twice to screen reader settings and hit enter again. Go down all the way, sapi will be at the bottom at least it was for me. You'll be prompted to select a sapi voice. Then you'll be prompted to choose the rate and pitch of the voice, just hit enter a couple times here to keep everything default.

2011-12-23 07:32:40

I can't get this game to work even with the patch. Can someone tell me how they got it to work?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2011-12-23 08:16:58

Hi.
where can i go to download this game. and all the rest of the stuff  like the patch.?
and wow your only 14? that is amazing.

I'm gone for real :)

2011-12-23 08:54:51

Hi, brad.
This game is http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10243904/nn2_setUp.exe
A small English patch is http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10243904/play.exe

2011-12-23 08:58:05

OK, now I see the benefit of replaying stages, specifically to get ammo for, whatever that weapon is. No clue how to get past stage 3-4 without it. lol

2011-12-23 09:04:50

I keep getting errors.. What do I have to do to make this game work?