2006-09-30 10:08:19

Hi,
On my Laptop, I have Windows XP. Any way, I need to no how I can change the defalt voice on my computer.
I went into control pannel, and finally into speech. It said something about the defalt engine could not be loaded and that you should change it. I changed the computers defalt voice, but when I pressed enter on ok, it said that c:\windows\system32 could not be loaded or something like that.
I want to change my computers defalt voice because the one I have at the moment is really quiet and horible. So could someone pleas give me some help?
Thanks guys.

2006-10-07 08:34:49

Hi,
Does anyone no how I can change it?

2006-10-08 15:15:40

There is an issue on your system preventing you from getting to the point where you can change the voice.

Possible solutions:
Reinstall SAPI, may or may not work. There might be a corrupt file preventing the engine from being loaded, and reinstalling SAPI should hopefully help
Reformat your computer, this is probably an extreme measure though and you may or may not be that bothered about SAPI.

Alternatively it might be that there is some software or hardware that is interfering with SAPI, this is harder to pin down though.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-10-09 16:07:30

Hi,
On my nans computer, I got rid of SAPI 5.1 and that let me change the voice.