2006-10-07 13:59:49

Hi,
Today, I downloaded a demo of HAL from:
http://www.dolphinuk.co.uk
Anyway, I installed it. No problem. But when I tried to run it it said that there was a problem with the authorisation system and that my time and date settings wer wrong on my computer.
Has anyone ever had this problem before?
Can someone pleas help me?
Thanks.

2006-10-07 16:58:13

Hmmm, as a perpetual Hal user myself, I've never had need to try the demo. Have you checked your date and time settings? to do this, go to settings, control panel, date and time.

Also, if your having trouble and do want to try Hal, you might considder ringing Dolphin technical support (as your in the UK), whome I find to be quite helpfull.

the number is:

0845 130 5454

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-10-08 15:08:32

If you're on XP you should be able to get the computer to auto update your date and time.

If you're not on XP you will probably experience issues as the demo and your existing screen reader and Hal's respective video interceptors clash, which is not a resolveable issue particularly.

And I'm a perpetual Jaws user, I still try the demos. It's worthwhile to check wwhether it's worth upgrading to get the new features or not.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.