2011-12-11 05:03:55

Hi i would like to no if anyone has herd of a good accesible email client i could try.
i have tryed thunderbird but i don't like the way it is layed out.
i am using hotmail at the moment but would like a client so i can delete and read mail easyer.
i have a vertion of out look express that came with my computer but it doesn't work with hotmail.
hope someone can help.

I'm gone for real :)

2011-12-11 06:13:25

If you have the microsoft office suite of products, then I highly recommend Microsoft Outlook. I'm sure that there are other options but personally, thats my favourite email client so far.

2011-12-11 14:33:46

For windows 7, unless you have office with outlook included, thunderbird is the best you can have. Windows live mail is the worst choice ever. There are tricks to get windows mail working (windows mail being the successor of outlook express, don't be confused between windows mail and windows live mail), but it's quite buggy (I had it, but one day the application crashed and then it stopped working completely for ever and I have never understand why).

I agree that thunderbird is a little confusing at the beginning, but after a while you get used to it, and once you are used to it it's really a nice client.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2011-12-11 15:02:58

Brad, see the other topic called "Help with Outlook Express", I believe, that Chris started a few days ago. I explain the differences between OE and Thunderbird and the process of account creation in both these clients quite extensively there. I can't see a reason why OE shouldn't work explicitly with Hotmail, so I think it's rather a matter of you not setting it up properly.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-12-11 15:28:17

Hi i am able to set up thunderbird with hotmail. i just didn't like the way it was layed out. what  i mean is when you go into your inbox you would have to go into a message to delet it. insted of pressing delete on a message and deleting it.

I'm gone for real :)