2011-12-06 21:22:21

Hi.
Ok so i got a windows 7 laptop about 2 months ago, and it was working fine for the first couple of days.
Then it started bringing up messages saying windows could not activate: click here for details. So i decided to click on it and see what happend. I saw a thing that said 30 days to activate. So after that 30 days was up, security esentials expired, and i keep getting that message saying windows is not genuine: click here for details, or something similar to that.
So my question is, what is genuine windows, and why was it not installed on it when i got this laptop? Also, i keep getting messages that say optional update delivery is not working, you may be intitled to software counterfitting. What does this mean?
So, what is genuine windows, and why was it not installed on this computer?
Thanks

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2011-12-06 21:44:38

Hi,

This is weird. If the laptop came with a preinstalled version of an operating system, it should already have been registered, at least each of mine was.
If not, you can try different things:
Try to look through the manual of that laptop and see if it tells you something about activating it, or that nature.
If not, you could always try to either call the manufacturer or Microsoft, I guess.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2011-12-07 10:43:07

Who's your laptop manufacturer?

2011-12-07 18:19:40

It is an hp laptop. I think it's at least a 2007

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2011-12-07 20:12:12

You might have a pirated copy of windows. I'v only heard of cases like this when the copy was pirated.

2011-12-08 19:05:48

Yeah but if i had a pirated copy, (which i do not want to have) why would i need to activate?

2011-12-08 20:52:54

Simple answer, because its pirated. Apparently, microsoft has gotten pretty smart when it comes to figuring whether or not windows on your computer is pirated. It wouldn't be your fault of course, even if this is indeed the case. I think your best bet is to contact the people you got your computer from.

2011-12-09 12:30:42

These days, hackers are so good at breaking microsoft's activation technology that they can't detect that its pirated. HP by all rights shouldn't give you a pirated copy of windows though, being a pretty well-known computer manufacturer. As arqmeister said, you should probably contact HP.